Inside: Opposites attract quotes that will make you want to watch a rom-com.
I have watched one too many rom-coms for my own good. This reflects in my day-to-day life, seeing as I now expect my love stories to start with an enemies to lovers situation. Though this doesn’t always happen, in my head, it’s the only way.
This has lead me down the rabbit hole of Opposites Attract concept. It’s a well-known fact that opposites attract. There is just something about people who have little in common that makes them fit together like puzzle pieces. I have found some of the best opposites attract quotes to solidify your love.
If you have a lover in your life that has that opposites attract feel, then this is definitely the article for you. I have really combed through the internet to find the best of the best, so check them out.
Opposites Attract Quotes
First up, I thought I would show you some of my personal favorite quotes about opposites attracting. I think this is a hilarious concept because it just somehow works. It produces some of the most swoon-worthy cinema scenes, fights, and make-ups that you will ever see, but it just works.
1. “Opposites attract, and I think temperament is so fundamental that you end up craving someone of the opposite temperament to complete you.” – Susan Cain
2. “You’d be surprised how much you can have in common with someone completely different from you.”
3. “She – ‘opposites attract eachother.’ Me – Yeah, the purest hearts always fall for the corrupted ones…” – The One
4. “Simplicity and complexity need each other.”
5. “The happiest couples never have the same character. They just have the best understanding of their difference.”
6. “Opposites attract is more a scientific principle than a romantic one.” – Minh Tan
7. “Life is not like magnets. Opposites don’t attract.” – Brandon McColloch
8. “It’s not about finding your idealized mate, your other half, or your alter ego. Our partners don’t always have to think like we think. That’s what makes life interesting.” – Dr. John Gottman
9. “I found out why opposites attracted when I met you. It’s because everything I’m not, you are, and the pieces fit together perfectly.”
10. “Two people of similar nature can never get along; it takes two opposites to harmonize.” – Ram Mohan
11. “You attract the right things when you have a sense of who you are.” – Amy Poehler
12. “They do say that opposites attract. Yes, they attract. But do they live happily ever after.”
13. “Baby, if opposites attract, then why do we fight over our differences?” – Wale
14. “Perfect is not when two people are together. It’s when you’re both opposites but in that way, you complete each other.”
15. “Opposites attract? I don’t think so. We are always in search of someone who resonates with our thoughts, likes, & mutual interests.” – P.S.
16. “The most exciting attractions are between two opposites that never meet.” – Andy Warhol.
17. “Dressing up is a bore. At a certain age, you decorate yourself to attract the opposite gender, and at a certain age, I did that. But I’m past that age.” – Katharine Hepburn
18. “We fell in love, despite our differences, and once we did, something rare and beautiful was created.” – Nicholas Sparks
19. “Darling, your soul fits where mine feels empty.” – Mustafa Tattan
20. “They were the right counterbalance to one another.” – Kelly Moran
Quotes About Being Opposites
Next up I have some quotes about being opposites. It makes sense to me why this is a thing, because someone who is opposite to you is going to balance you out and introduce you to so many things that you would have never expected!
21. “Women’s liberation will not be achieved until a woman can become paunchy and bald and still think she’s attractive to the opposite sex.” – Earl Wilson
22. “Opposites can attract, as in magnetism. Or explode, as in matter and antimatter.” – Peter David
23. “When I met you, it was magic… We polar opposites, but attracted like we were magnets.” – Talib Kweli
24. “And the geography of the thing–the geography of them–was completely and hopelessly wrong.”
25. “I don’t think opposites attract. I think like attracts like. So I don’t think that they do attract opposite. Only when you’re talking about magnetic poles.”
26. “Why do men like intelligent women? Because opposites attract.”
27. “Why do men like intelligent women? Because opposites attract.”
28. “He who is of calm and happy nature will hardly feel the pressure of age, but to him who is of an opposite disposition, youth and age are equally a burden.” – Plato
29. “Anger is energizing. The opposite of anger is depression, which is anger turned inward.” – Gloria Steinem
30. “Take the course opposite to custom and you will almost always do well.” – Jean Jacques Rousseau
31. “Some people think luxury is the opposite of poverty. It is not. It is the opposite of vulgarity.” – Coco Chanel
32. “What good is the warmth of summer, without the cold of winter to give it sweetness.” – John Steinbeck
33. “In the past, I have defended the right of the IRA to engage in armed struggle. I did so because there was no alternative for those who would not bend the knee, or turn a blind eye to oppression, or for those who wanted a national republic.” – Gerry Adams
34. “And I’ve always worked on the principle that if it interests me enough to write about it, then it must interest a lot of other people.” – Morris West
35. “At first opposites attract, then opposites attack.” – Rick Warrens
36. “We are so different, but opposites attract. So my hope kept growing, and I never looked back.”
37. “Yes, they do. Made a home for me. I and you. Love and hate. War and peace too.” – Chitrakshi Singh
38. “We come together because opposites attract.”
39. “Opposites attract, and then they can’t stand eachother.” – Kenneth Kaye
40. “Two opposites attract each other, science calls magnetism. Add some feel to that field; we call it love.” – Vagisa Datta
41. “If it’s true that opposites attract, I should be looking for someone that gets early and does stuff.”
Funny Opposites Quotes
Here I have some of my favorite funny opposites attract quotes for you to look through. It’s pretty easy to laugh when they are this funny. Some of these are just downright accurate, but others will have you wheezing.
42. “Well, they do say opposites attract…so I sincerely hope you meet somebody who is attractive, honest, intelligent, and cultured.”
43. “Extrovert, Introvert. Crazy, serious. Careless, responsible. Yes, opposites do attract.”
44. “Gratitude is the best medicine. It heals your mind, your body, and your spirit. And attracts more things to be grateful for. I’m grateful that I get to slap you in the face”
45. “The reason as to why we are attracted to our opposites is because they are our salvation from the burden of being ourselves.” – Komand Kojour
46. “They both are opposite poles in life and are attracted to eachother by their love and trust. Both are perfect together.”
47. “All colors are the friends of their neighbors and the lovers of their opposites.” – Marc Chagall
48. “Opposites attract. If two people just alike get married, one of you is unnecessary.” – Larry Burkott
49. “Hey, you’re cute; I’m ugly. Opposites attract. You have to date me. Sorry I don’t make the rules.”
50. “Opposites attract but like minded last.”
51. “You’re beautiful and I’m but, but opposites attract, right?”
52. “I Know I have said this before, but opposites attract we try and run away but end up running back.”
53. “We are the moon and sun.”
54. “I have finally found the yin to my yang.”
55. “I never realized that someone could make up for what I lack until I met you.”
56. “They say opposites attract, but like meets like too.”
57. “Opposites attract, sounds about right to me. I have never been so annoyed and happy to see someone.”
58. “If opposites attract why am I not covered in hot people?”
59. “They were the right counterbalance to one another.” – Kelly Moran
60. “Birds of a feather flock together, but opposites attract.”
Quotes to Solidify Your Love
Lastly, Here are some opposites attract quotes that will solidify your love if you are in a relationship with someone who is an opposite to you, then I think these will get you emotional.
61. “Forty is the old age of youth, fifty is the youth of old age. I’m happy I got to fight with you through both.”
62. “I take two steps forward, I take two steps back. And You follow along behind me.”
63. “While some couples are simply made for each other, it often seems that opposites attract.”
64. “There are 2 types of people, ones that think ‘it’s only 10 pm!’ and ‘it’s already 10 pm!”
65. “Why do men like intelligent women? Because opposites attract.” – Kathy Lette
66. “I think we work because I love pickles and you hate them.”
67. “I am a big fan of action films, she is a book reader. Somehow it just works.”
68. “He is the one thing that I fall for, time and time again. Which is so baffling because he is the opposite of me.”
69. “I found the Shaggy to my Velma. For some reason, it works.”
70. “Love can come in all shapes and sizes, for some reason ours was in the shape of a puzzle.”
71. “Sometimes I wonder if we are too different, but we work so well I can’t imagine it another way.”
72. “We are the perfect couple, that is to say we are vastly different.”
73. “Since when do we need things in common to be in love?”
74. “I like pistachio ice cream and he’s depressed. It works.”
75. “Sometimes I feel like he’s an alien, but he’s my alien.”
76. “Dissimilarities can be a sign of togetherness because even in science, opposites attract.” – Vritika Bansal
77. “We attract and then we retract, then we do it over again.”
78. “Opposites attract but only to torture each other.” – Judy Balan
79. “I love being with her because she is everything that I hope to be and more.”
80. “We are cheese and jam. They shouldn’t work, but they do.”
81. “I loved her the moment we got into our first argument. I knew the old saying was right, opposites attract.”
So there you have it, the best opposites attract quotes to solidify your love. I’m constantly in awe of the way that people can capture their feelings with the written word. They can be deep, funny, meaningful, or all three.
If you enjoyed this article, you should take a look at some of my other love-inspired quotes. There are plenty out there because, you guessed it, love is all around.
I love it, and you will, too, once you start reading some of these quotes. They are so romantic I have a hard time getting through them without crying.