Inside: Famous world peace quotes that are truly awe inspiring
I’ve gotten to the point where the news just makes me sad. It’s made me realize that, in a world often marred by conflict and division, the power of words to inspire unity and understanding cannot be underestimated. Join me on a journey through some of the most profound and resonant world peace quotes ever spoken.
These words, uttered by visionaries and leaders from diverse backgrounds, serve as beacons of hope and remind us that, no matter the challenges we face, the dream of a peaceful world is one worth tirelessly pursuing.
Below, I will explore these quotes and the profound wisdom they hold, shedding light on the path toward a more harmonious and compassionate world. Come along for the ride! These almost make me as emotional as when I read you mean the world to me quotes.
World Peace Quotes
For this first list, I wanted to show you some of the most well known world peace quotes. As I go further into this article with ideas and inspirations, I hope that you feel yourself getting inspired as well.
1. “Peace is not absence of conflict, it is the ability to handle conflict by peaceful means.” – Ronald Reagan
2. “If we have no peace, it is because we have forgotten that we belong to each other.” – Mother Teresa
3. “An eye for an eye only ends up making the whole world blind.” – Mahatma Gandhi
4. “Peace cannot be kept by force; it can only be achieved by understanding.” – Albert Einstein
5. “The only way to deal with the future is to function efficiently in the now.” – Alan Watts
6. “Peace is not something you wish for; it’s something you make, something you do, something you are, and something you give away.” – Robert Fulghum
7. “You cannot find peace by avoiding life.” – Virginia Woolf
8. “Peace begins with a smile.” – Mother Teresa
9. “Imagine all the people living life in peace. You may say I’m a dreamer, but I’m not the only one. I hope someday you’ll join us, and the world will be as one.” – John Lennon
10. “When the power of love overcomes the love of power, the world will know peace.” – Jimi Hendrix
11. “The most valuable possession you can own is an open heart. The most powerful weapon you can be is an instrument of peace.” – Carlos Santana
12. “Peace is a journey of a thousand miles, and it must be taken one step at a time.” – Lyndon B. Johnson
13. “There is no way to peace; peace is the way.” – A.J. Muste
14. “The greatest tool for peace is dialogue.” – Hassan Rouhani
15. “Peace comes from within. Do not seek it without.” – Buddha
More Quotes About Peace & Tranquility
You’ve read some pretty awesome quotes so far, but it doesn’t just stop there. There are too many amazing quotes to just pick the top 15, so here are even more that I think you will enjoy. If you love these, then you should check out these 2021 quotes.
16. “In peace, sons bury their fathers. In war, fathers bury their sons.” – Herodotus
17. “Peace is not the absence of war but the presence of justice.” – Harrison Ford
18. “If you want to make peace with your enemy, you have to work with your enemy. Then he becomes your partner.” – Nelson Mandela
19. “The only real prison is fear, and the only real freedom is freedom from fear.” – Aung San Suu Kyi
20. “Peace is not something that can be achieved through violent means; it can only be attained through understanding, compassion, and dialogue.” – Dalai Lama
21. “Peace is the virtue of civilization. War is its crime.” – Victor Hugo
22. “The pursuit of peace and progress cannot end in a few years in either victory or defeat. The pursuit of peace and progress, with its trials and its errors, its successes and its setbacks, can never be relaxed and never abandoned.” – Dag Hammarskjöld
23. “It isn’t enough to talk about peace. One must believe in it. And it isn’t enough to believe in it. One must work at it.” – Eleanor Roosevelt
24. “Peace is not just the absence of conflict; it’s the presence of justice.” – Martin Luther King Jr.
25. “Peace is more than just the absence of war. It is the active presence of a capacity for love and compassion.” – Thich Nhat Hanh
26. “We can never obtain peace in the outer world until we make peace with ourselves.” – Dalai Lama
27. “The greatest enemy of peace is the illusion of it.” – Mennonite Proverb
28. “Peace is not the product of a victory or a command. It has no finishing line, no final deadline, no fixed definition of achievement.” – Oscar Hammerstein II
29. “Those who are at war with others are not at peace with themselves.” – William Hazlitt
30. “Peace is not something you wish for; it’s something you make, something you do, something you are, and something you give away.” – John Lennon
Famous World Peace Quotes
World peace is not a new concept. As you will see below, important peoples, WISE people have been talking about it since before many of us were born.
31. “Peace is a daily, a weekly, a monthly process, gradually changing opinions, slowly eroding old barriers, quietly building new structures.” – John F. Kennedy
32. “Peace is not a relationship of nations. It is a condition of mind brought about by a serenity of soul.” – Jawaharlal Nehru
33. “Peace is the only battle worth waging.” – Albert Camus
34. “World peace must develop from inner peace. Peace is not just mere absence of violence. Peace is, I think, the manifestation of human compassion.” – Dalai Lama
35. “We seek peace, knowing that peace is the climate of freedom.” – Dwight D. Eisenhower
36. “Peace is the result of retraining your mind to process life as it is, rather than as you think it should be.” – Wayne W. Dyer
37. “If we have no peace, it is because we have forgotten that we belong to each other.” – Mother Teresa
38. “In the midst of movement and chaos, keep stillness inside of you.” – Deepak Chopra
39. “The practice of peace and reconciliation is one of the most vital and artistic of human actions.” – Thich Nhat Hanh
40. “Peace is not the absence of trouble, but the presence of Christ.” – Sheila Walsh
41. “Tranquility is the root of everything in the universe. If you maintain tranquility, everything in the universe will be in order.” – Confucius
42. “Tranquility comes when you stop caring about what they say. Tranquility is inner peace, and inner peace is freedom.” – Leon Brown
43. “The more tranquil a man becomes, the greater is his success, his influence, his power for good. Calmness of mind is one of the beautiful jewels of wisdom.” – James Allen
44. “The best fighter is never angry.” – Lao Tzu
45. “Calmness is the cradle of power.” – Josiah Gilbert Holland
Best World Peace Quotes
I cannot wait for you to read this last list of quotes. There are so many different ways to get inspired to make change, but reading quotes is one of my all-time favorites.
46. “Tranquility is freedom from disturbance, calmness, and serenity. It is the state of being at peace with oneself and the world.” – Unknown
47. “The pursuit, even of the best things, ought to be calm and tranquil.” – Marcus Tullius Cicero
48. “To find tranquility in a world of chaos is a rare and beautiful gift.” – Katrina Mayer
49. “In quietness and in confidence shall be your strength.” – Isaiah 30:15
50. “Tranquility is not the absence of turbulence but the presence of peace amid the turbulence.” – Unknown
51. “When we are unable to find tranquility within ourselves, it is useless to seek it elsewhere.” – François de La Rochefoucauld
52. “Tranquility is not just about being calm and quiet. It is about having a peaceful mind and heart even in the midst of chaos.” – Unknown
53. “The greatest weapon against stress is our ability to choose one thought over another.” – William James
54. “The tranquility of the heart is a state of inner peace that allows you to face life’s challenges with grace and resilience.” – Unknown
55. “Tranquility is the mother of all virtues.” – Thomas Carlyle
56. “When you find peace within yourself, you become the kind of person who can live at peace with others.” – Peace Pilgrim
57. “Tranquility is the true state of the soul.” – J. S. Bryan
58. “True tranquility comes from within, and it radiates outward.” – Unknown
These quotes, uttered by luminaries and ordinary individuals alike, bear witness to humanity’s collective yearning for peace. They challenge us to strive for a world where conflicts are resolved through dialogue, where compassion and empathy triumph over hatred, and where unity prevails over division.
In a world often beset by turmoil and discord, these quotes offer a glimmer of hope and a roadmap for the future. Let us carry the wisdom of these words with us as we navigate the complexities of our time, and let us be inspired to work tirelessly toward a world where peace, justice, and understanding reign supreme.
In the end, it is through our collective efforts and unwavering commitment to the ideals of peace that we can truly make a difference and leave a legacy of harmony for generations to come. I know we can do this!
For some personal upliftment, check out these you are amazing quotes!