Inside: 73 Sakura Cherry Blossom Quotes & Captions for Instagram
Cherry blossoms, also known in Japan as ‘Sakura’, are an emblem of love, and they also symbolize good luck.
Cherry blossoms occupy a special place in Japanese traditions. The ‘Hanami’ festival in Japan is marked by the presence of cherry blossom, it is a time to celebrate life’s beauty, regain perspective and appreciate the good things that happen in life.
Cherry blossoms are so loved that they have become surprisingly expensive as they are so in demand. But don’t worry if you can’t find the real thing, you can still enjoy these cherry blossom quotes!
Cherry Blossom Inspirational Quotes
1. “What a strange thing! To be alive beneath cherry blossoms.” -Kobayashi Issa.
2. “In the cherry blossom’s shade there’s no such thing as a stranger.” – Kobayashi Issa.
3.” The work of preservation demands that the feelings playing about in one’s guts not be turned into action. Just watch their passing like cherry blossoms.” –Maxine Hong Kingston.
4.”The Japanese school year begins in spring. So mothers can send off their children as cherry blossoms fall from the branches.” -Cathy Davidson.
5.”It is spring time now! While the world looks for a new war to fight, you look for a cherry blossom to watch! Let the stupid seeks the violence; you seek the elegance!” -Mehmet Murat İldan.
6.” From all these trees, in the salads, the soup, everywhere, cherry blossoms fall.” – Matsuo Basho.
7.”Let us find inner freedom in each lucky moment that we encounter, like a sun-basking butterfly that finds peace on a cherry blossom petal.” – Erik Pevernagie.
8.” Flowers enshrine my heart between their petals; that’s why my heartbeats love them so much.” – Munia Khan.
9.” White cherry blossom behold the joy of spring, As white cherry blossom blooms, For it will be over soon.” – Christopher Tye, ‘White Cherry Blossom’.
10.”If in this world there were no such thing as cherry blossoms, perhaps then in springtime our hearts would be at peace. ” – Ariwara no Narihira.
Positive Cherry Blossom Quotes
11.”Everything blooms in its own time.” – Ken Petti
12.” I have a pretty good memory, but memories are time beings, too, like cherry blossoms or ginkgo leaves; for a while they are beautiful, and then they fade and die.” – Ruth Ozeki.
13.” I recall the months and years I spent as the intimate of someone whose affections have now faded like cherry blossoms scattering even before a wind blew.” – Yoshida Kenko.
14.” We celebrate the cherry tree not for its efficiency but for its effectiveness – and for its beauty. Its materials are in constant flow, and all those thousands of useless cherry blossoms look gorgeous. Then they fall to the ground and become soil again, so there’s no problem.” – William McDonough.
15.” The significance of the cherry blossom tree in Japanese culture goes back hundreds of years. In their country, the cherry blossom represents the fragility and the beauty of life. It’s a reminder that life is almost overwhelmingly beautiful but that it is also tragically short.” – Homaro Cantu.
16.”Look at the cherry blossoms! Their color and scent fall with them, are gone forever, yet mindless. The spring comes again.” – Ikkyu Sojun.
17.” When the mind is really absent, in that silence, in that unlimited space, your potential starts glowing, radiating, flowering. Suddenly you are full of cherry blossoms, a new presence, a new fragrance.” -Rajneesh.
18.” Between our two lives there is also the life of the cherry blossom”. – Matsuo Basho.
19.”If I were asked to explain the Japanese spirit, I would say it is wild cherry blossoms glowing in the morning sun! ” – Motoori Norinaga.
20. “And so the spring buds burst, and so I gaze, and so the blossoms fall, and so my days .” – Onitsura.
Sakura Flower Quotes
21.”Light as feathers, as fleeting as Zephyr, one moment they breathed pink, the next they faded. Cherry blossoms were as much an inspiration for beautiful verse as they were a reminder of life’s fickleness, she thought.” – Alice Poon, ‘The Green Phoenix’.
22.”Looking about I see no cherry blossoms, And no crimson leaves, A straw-thatched hut by a bay, In the autumn dusk.” – Fujiwara no Teika.
23.”Break open, A cherry tree and there are no flowers, But the spring breeze, Brings forth myriad blossoms.” – Ikkyu Sojun.
24.”Loveliest of trees, the cherry now is hung with bloom along the bough.” –A. E. Housman.
25. “Branches about to blossom or gardens strewn with flowers are worthier of our admiration.” -Yoshida Kenko.
26. “As the cherry blossoms bloom, festive picnics called Hanami usher in the spring with elaborate spreads of miso salmon, mountain vegetables, colorful bento, and fresh mochi turned pink with sakura petals.” – Matt Goulding.
27. “Come see the cherry trees of a water constellation and the round key of the rapid universe, come touch the fire of instantaneous blue, come before its petals are consumed.” – Pablo Neruda.
28.”It may just be because I get homesick, but I have concluded Washington’s cherry blossoms are just plain overrated.” -Newt Gingrich.
29. “As I caress the pink cherry blossom of the tree which has been keeping me for one-third of a century safe.” – Nobody Nose.
30.”Oh, the wonder of it! The outrageous beauty! God didn’t have to give us cherry blossoms you know. – Lynn Austin.
Cherry Blossom Love Quotes
31. “The cherry blossoms have a spiritual meaning for the Japanese people.” – Ann McClellan.
32.” Like any great and good country, Japan has a culture of gathering – weddings, holidays, seasonal celebrations – with food at the core. In the fall, harvest celebrations mark the changing of the guard with roasted chestnuts, sweet potatoes, and skewers of grilled gingko nuts.” – Matt Goulding.
33.”The cherry blossom season was over, but two of His Excellency’s trees must have consented to wait, for they were in late and glorious bloom.” – Murasaki Shikibu, ‘The Tale Of Genji’.
34. “Elsewhere the single-petalled cherry blossoms fell, the doubles faded, mountain cherries bloomed, and the wisteria colored.” – Murasaki Shikibu, ‘The Tale Of Genji’.
35.” There is much to be said for cherry blossoms, but they seem so flighty. They are so quick to run off and leave you.” – Murasaki Shikibu, ‘The Tale Of Genji’.
36.”It is true, as they say, that the blossoms of spring are all the more precious because they bloom so briefly.” – Murasaki Shikibu, ‘The Tale Of Genji’.
37.” Yes, the cherry trees put this truth very plainly: none of the glory of blossoms and autumn leaves lasts long in this fleeting world.” – Murasaki Shikibu, ‘The Tale Of Genji’.
38. “Due to their short bloom time, Sakura blossoms are a metaphor for life itself: beautiful yet fleeting. You’ll realize when you’re as old as me to hang on to the good times because they won’t last forever.” – Shannon M Mullen, ‘See What Flowers’.
39. “Since ancient times, the Japanese have heralded the arrival of the cherry blossoms because they symbolize the ephemeral beauty of life.” – Victoria Abbott Riccardi.
40. “Donated by Japan, cherry blossoms grace the paths where a wall once stood in Berlin. Walls divide. Flowers unite.” -Khang Kijarro Nguyen.
Short Cherry Blossom Instagram Captions
41. Let your dreams bloom.
42. Hello again cherry blossom!
43. The beautiful blossom came.
44. Honey bees and flowers, please.
45. Welcome blossom!
46. Blossom is in the air.
47. Life began in a garden.
48. I’ll be planted right here.
49. Today will be a great day!
50. Seasons change, and so do we.
51. Here comes the blossom.
52. Stop & smell the roses.
53. April showers bring May flowers.
54. Spring Blossoms.
55. Blossom is the best medicine.
56. You belong among the wildflowers.
57. Where flowers bloom so does hope.
58. A flower blossoms for its own joy.
59. Decorate your own soul.
60. Bloom baby, bloom.
61. Stop & smell the cherry blossoms.
Sweet Blossom Sayings
62. Let your dreams bloom.
63. Cherry blossom cherry blossom it’s the air that we breathe.
64. Spring is here to say hello.
65. This year may have been challenging, but the flowers still bloom.
66. To the one I love, cherry blossom girl.
67. Let your dreams bloom.
68. My love for you blossoms like the Spring.
69. Spring is proof that change can be beautiful.
70. Sunshine is the best medicine.
71. My love for you blossoms like the Spring.
72. Between our two lives, there is also the life of the cherry blossom.
73. Break open the cherry tree: where are the blossoms? Just wait for springtime to see how they bloom.
More Blooming Sayings You’ll Love
If you like these cherry blossom quotes then check out a few more of our favorite flowery sayings.
- Sunflower Quotes to Spread Joy – Sunflowers are most often taken as an example of positivity and joyfulness. A sunflower will never look directly away from the sun. It is one of the most beautiful flowers in the world and is cherished by everyone. We have put together a sunny list of Sunflower quotes for you that are bright, beautiful, and full of joy. You’ll find quotes about what sunflowers symbolize, good short quotes, what makes a sunflower unique, and positive quotes.
- Inspirational Wildflower Quotes and Images – Wildflowers are part of our nature. It has a special beauty and also it has the nature of being blown without any care. Most of us find these flowers around us but don’t care about them. But poets and thinkers have a special eye that can simply find a divine beauty in these flowers. For them, wildflowers are very special. They are special to different people for different reasons. Some people find similarities in life with wildflowers, other people find teaching from these wildflowers. But mainly wildflowers are famous for their simple beauty, and strong willpower to grow everywhere. For these reasons, wildflowers are so special.
- Flower Love Quotes – Tis’ the season of flowers! From Easter, to Mother’s Day, to thanking teachers for their end of year amazingness. We have so many reasons to be handing out flowers to those people we truly love and appreciate this time of year. Let’s be sure to include a few sweet words along with our bouquets.