Inside: Sweetest dog heaven quotes to help you mourn.
There is no sweeter soul than the soul of a dog. When you spend so much time bonding but such a sweet creature, it can be so painful when it is time for them to pass.
I think one of the only things that helped me recover was reading about dog heaven and being reassured that we would be connected again. I have gathered some of my favorite dog heaven quotes that will help ease your sorrows and remind you that they are still around.
Take a look at these and let all of the tears out. I seriously recommend having some tissues nearby because you are going to need them, and your eyes and nose deserve something softer than your sleeve.
Dog Heaven Quotes to Ease Your Sorrows
Doggy heaven is the sweetest concept that there is space for animals in the world beyond. And why wouldn’t there be? They have souls just like we do. So read through these and be reassured.
1. “I know you cannot see me but trust me, I’m still here. I walk beside you every day, my love keeping me near. I often see you crying when you softly call my name, but I’m right beside you whispering, ‘we only part to meet again'”
2. “When you feel me in your heart, just look up. I will be right there.”
3. “We may not be together in the way we used to be. We are still connected by a cord no eye can see so whenever you need to find me, we’re never far apart if you look beyond the horizon and listen with your heart.”
4. “There’s no greater heartache than having to live life without your dog.”
5. “I will wait for you. I came to you last night to be with you while you slept. I lay my head on your pillow while next to me, you wept. A gentle smile kissed your lips as I licked away a tear. Until your time to join me, I’ll be waiting through the years.”
6. “The hardest part of losing a dog you love isn’t having to say goodbye…it’s the way your entire world changes without them and the emptiness that’s left in your heart when they go.”
7. “I gave you a home. You gave me joy. I gave you treats. You gave me loyalty; I gave you walks. You gave me friendship, I gave you my heart. You gave me unconditional love.
8. Sweetest quote I’ve seen:
“I’d give everything I own away if it meant I could keep my dog forever.”
9. “I still cry. I cried when you passed away; I still cry today. Although I loved you dearly, I couldn’t make you stay. Your golden heart stopped beating. We laid you down to rest; god broke my heart to prove that He only takes the best.”
10. “The bond with a dog is as lasting as the ties of this earth can ever be.” – Konrad Lorenz
11. “If there is a heaven, it’s certain our animals are to be there. Their lives become so interwoven with our own, it would take more than an archangel to detangle them.” – Pam Brown
Lovely Dog Quotes
These quotes are all about how a dog’s love is never-ending. I think that is what you should be focussing on here, that your dog loves you, and you love your dog. That love doesn’t go anywhere.
12. “There is no greater early privilege than to have been loved by a dog.”
13. “Thank you for being my dog, someone to do life with, and above all, thank you for being my best friend.”
14. “I keep myself busy with things to do. But every time I pause, I still think of you.”
15. “With all of my heart, I believe it is true that there is a heaven for animals, too. Sometimes I think they already know, all of the animals…just where they’ll go.” – Nancy Tillman
16. “Dogs leave paw prints on our hearts.” – Unknown
17. “Pets have a way of finding the people who need them to fill an emptiness. We do not even know we have.”
18. “If there is a heaven, it’s certain our animals are to be there. Their lives become so interwoven with our own, it would take more than an archangel to detangle them.” – Pam Brown
19. “Heven goes by favor. If it went by merit, you would stay out, and your dog would go in.”
20. “You think dogs will not be in heaven? I tell you, they will be there long before any of us.” – Robert Louis Stevenson
21. “God will prepare everything for our perfect happiness in Heaven and if it takes my dog being there. I believe he’ll be there.” – Billy Graham
Sweetest Dog Heaven Quotes
Lastly, this is a great group of quotes that I know will help you immensely. These are not only sweet, but they are very true and I think you will find them more comforting than you ever realized.
22. “Man is truly blessed when a dog’s beautiful spirit has touched his life and heart.” – Cathy Asunma
23. “Heaven is a place where all the dogs you’ve ever loved come to greet you.” – Oliver Gasport
24. “If I have any beliefs about immortality, it is that certain dogs I have known will go to heaven, and very, very few persons.” – James Thurber
25. “I believe all animals were created by god to help keep a man alive.” – Iwao Fujita
26. “One day, we will see our animals again in the eternity of Christ. Paradise is open to all of God’s creatures.” – Pope Francis
27. “If tears could build a stairway and memories a lane, I’d walk right up to heaven and bring you home again.”
28. “The dog is a gentleman; I hope to go to his heaven, not man’s.” – Mark Twain
29. “Once you have had a wonderful dog, a life without one is a life diminished.” – Dean Koontz
30. “You think dogs will not be in heaven? I tell you, they will be there long before any of us.” – Robert Louis Stevenson
31. “There is a heaven, it’s certain our animals are to be there. Their lives become so interwoven with our own, it would take more than an archangel to detangle them.”
32. “Did you know that dog heaven and cat hell are the same places?” – Dana Gould
33. “Dogs have given us their absolute all. We are the center of their universe. We are the focus of their love and faith, and trust. They serve us in return for scraps. It is without a doubt the best deal man has ever made.” – Roger A. Caras
I am so sorry that your dog has passed away. I hope it wasn’t far before their time. But even so, just know that you gave them the best life they could have, and they are waiting for you on the other side of the rainbow bridge.
The idea of continuing life after the passing of a dog seems hard. They brought so much joy and laughter to your day-to-day; there will no doubt be a big hole left. But know that as time moves on, you will be okay. And perhaps the next dog you get will have been sent to you by your old one.
It’s never easy losing something. Whether that be your dog, your family member or your friend. Grief is a very isolating feeling. I have found that it improves when you connect with people, so check out some of our other grief quotes.