Inside: Living a Simple Life Quotes to Live By
These simplicity quotes are the ones that have grabbed hold of me and inspired me. The minimalist quotes have made me think and challenged my beliefs.
And most importantly, the quotes about simplifying life that I return to time and time again to remind myself why simplifying and choosing to live with less leads to a life of more of what matters most to me.
I have always loved collecting quotes and words that inspire me. By sharing some of my favorite simple living quotes I’ve collected, I hope they inspire and encourage you as you simplify your life as much as they have for me!
What exactly is simple living?
It’s not a strict lifestyle that everyone follows in the same way. While some may live off-grid and grow their own vegetables, others may just aim for a less cluttered garage.
Simple living is all about finding beauty in less and putting quality over quantity. It’s about valuing things that make us happy instead of chasing status symbols or societal expectations.
It’s a lifestyle that often includes cutting back and streamlining your possession and living a simpler and more intentional life. A life is driven by what’s most important to you – not by possessions or status.
The importance of a simple life – and some benefits
A simpler, less cluttered, and hectic life has immeasurable benefits to your health. Living with less stress and eating simply means lower blood pressure, better sleep, and less chance of a heart attack or anxiety.
When you eliminate busy work from your calendar, your work-life balance is improved and you get more quality time with valued friends and family. Your relationships improve when you prioritize the important people in your life.
Simple living can also mean increased financial independence. There’s no more pressure to buy the latest gadgets or keep up with the neighbours, and no more retail therapy as a mood booster.
Simple living is also more sustainable and environmentally friendly when you consume less meat, go zero waste or become more mindful of where your clothes are made.
Living a Simple Life Quotes
A positive collection of simple life quotes that will get you thinking about how living more simply is the right thing to do, for so many reasons! You’re sure to find something that speaks to you, and makes life that bit easier. A more decluttered, humble, and minimalistic approach towards life can make everything simpler and beautiful.
1. My goal is no longer to get more done, but rather to have less to do.
2. The first step in crafting the life you want is to get rid of everything you don’t.
3. Your home is living space, not storage space.
4. The ability to simplify means to eliminate the unnecessary so that the necessary may speak.
5. The question of what you want to own is actually the question of how you want to live your life.
6. Take time to enjoy the simple things in life.
7. Make your life simple but significant.
8. I found the simple life, ain’t so simple.
Simple Living Quotes
These simple life quotes are wise words to live by. Figure out what matters most to you. Then, get rid of anything that doesn’t align with what matters most to you, or even worse, distracts you from what matters most.
9. A simple life is its own reward.
10. The greatest wealth is to live content with little.
11. Simplicity is the keynote of all true elegance.
12. Only great minds can afford a simple style.
13. It’s no bad thing to celebrate a simple life.
14. Simplicity is the ultimate sophistication.
15. Live simply so that others may simply live.
16. I am convinced that there can be a luxury in simplicity.
17. I live a reasonable simple life, off the beaten track.
18. Going back to a simpler life is not a step backward.
Simple Thing in Life Quotes
Not sure what matters most to you yet? Start by removing the clutter, the excess, and the distractions from your home and life. Notice what’s left. That’s what’s important to you, what makes you happy, and what lights you up.
19. Live a simple life; you will own the most beautiful treasures of the world!
20. The best rule for the simple life: Care with no reason and Love with no expectations.
21. Joy comes not through possession or ownership but through a wise and loving heart.
22. Life is really simple, but we insist on making it complicated.
23. It is very hard to be simple enough to be good.
24. God made life simple. It is a man who complicates it.
25. Fill your life with experiences, not things. Have stories to tell, not stuff to show.
26. The first step in crafting the life you want is to get rid of everything you don’t.
27. The question of what you want to own is actually the question of how you want to live your life.
28. Your home is living space, not storage space.
29. Clutter smothers. Simplicity breathes.
30. Minimalism isn’t about removing things you love. It’s about removing the things that distract you from the things you love.
31. The secret of happiness, you see, is not found in seeking more, but in developing the capacity to enjoy less.
More Quotes You’ll Love to Share
If you like these simple life quotes then check out a few more of our favorites.
- Funny Money Quotes – Money isn’t the most important thing in life, but it’s reasonably close to oxygen on the ‘gotta have it’ scale. Finding a balance in a budget can be exhausting. Sometimes the best thing to do when it comes to money is just to laugh a little, am I right? Speaking of laughing a little, we always enjoy a great quote that makes us giggle. That’s why we decided to search for the funniest money quotes that will make that financial stress a little less scary. Check out these 23 totally funny money quotes that are sure to burn a hole in your pocket and let us know your favorite.
- Funny Best Friend Quotes – There is nothing better than the funny moments you share with a best friend. Those ones that are brought up to each other just by a simple facial expression. Then you start laughing hysterically, and everyone looks at you like you are the biggest weirdos. There is something so special and intimate about having someone who knows you so well that you can laugh at just about anything.
- Housewarming Quotes – These Housewarming Quotes were designed to put a smile on a loved one’s face. Maybe through a funny quote or a sentimental saying. These quotes are an inexpensive way to help cement how happy you are for your friend in their new home.