Inside: 39 Inspirational Giving Back Quotes + Messages.
One of the best feelings in the world is giving. The positive energy is contagious. With just one act of kindness, you can inspire others to go out and plant seeds of happiness through giving, too.
Your greatest gift is the ability to share your blessings; it’s what makes life meaningful. These uplifting giving back quotes are the perfect way to spread encouragement to give back to your community.
Giving Back Quotes
1. Service to others is the rent you pay for your room here on Earth.
2. Volunteers don’t get paid, not because they’re worthless, but because they’re priceless.
3. Remember that the happiest people are not those getting more, but those giving more.
4. As you grow older, you will discover that you have two hands — one for helping yourself, the other for helping others.
5. Volunteers are the only human beings on the face of the earth who reflect this nation’s compassion, unselfish caring, patience, and just plain loving one another.
6. You may not have saved a lot of money in your life, but if you have saved a lot of heartaches for other folks, you are a pretty rich man.
7. Life’s most persistent and urgent question is, What are you doing for others?
8. Our generation has the ability and the responsibility to make our ever-more connected world a more hopeful, stable and peaceful place.
9. The purpose of life is not to be happy, but to matter– to be productive, to be useful, to have it make some difference that you have lived at all.
10. If you want to touch the past, touch a rock. If you want to touch the present, touch a flower. If you want to touch the future, touch a life.
11. The meaning of life is to find your gift. The purpose of life is to give it away.
12. The unselfish effort to bring cheer to others will be the beginning of a happier life for ourselves.
Giving Back to the Community Quotes
Volunteering is one of the best ways to serve your community. Check out these quotes about giving back to charity to find your favorite motivation.
13. Volunteers do not necessarily have the time; they just have the heart.
14. No one is more cherished in this world than someone who lightens the burden of another.
15. The only people with whom you should try to get even are those who have helped you.
16. It’s easy to make a buck. It’s a lot tougher to make a difference.
17. Act as if what you do makes a difference. It does.
18. We make a living by what we get, but we make a life by what we give.
19. If you become a helper of hearts, springs of wisdom will flow from your heart.
20. Volunteers are love in motion!
21. The broadest, and maybe the most meaningful definition of volunteering: Doing more than you have to because you want to, in a cause you consider good.
22. How wonderful it is that nobody need wait a single moment before starting to improve the world.
23. Being good is commendable, but only when it is combined with doing good is it useful.
24. Help one another. There’s no time like the present and no present like the time.
25. Unless someone like you cares a whole awful lot, nothing is going to get better. It’s not.
Inspirational Quotes About Giving Back
You will find tons of inspiration with these quotes about giving to others.
26. I am a little pencil in the hand of a writing God who is sending a love letter to the world.
27. While earning your daily bread, be sure you share a slice with those less fortunate.
28. One can pay back the loan of gold, but one dies forever in debt to those who are kind.
29. At the end of the day it’s not about what you have or even what you’ve accomplished… it’s about who you’ve lifted up, who you’ve made better. It’s about what you’ve given back
30. Even if you just change one life, you’ve changed the world forever.
31. You give but little when you give of your possessions. It is when you give of yourself that you truly give.
32. I am only one, but I am one. I cannot do everything, but I can do something. And I will not let what I cannot do interfere with what I can do.
Positive Giving Messages
33. Volunteering is the ultimate exercise in democracy. You vote in elections once a year, but when you volunteer, you vote every day about the kind of community you want to live in.
34. Those who bring sunshine to the lives of others cannot keep it from themselves.
35. What we have done for ourselves alone dies with us; what we have done for others and the world remains and is immortal.
36. It’s nice to be important, but it’s more important to be nice.
37. The work an unknown good man has done is like a vein of water flowing hidden underground, secretly making the ground green.
38. Even if it’s a little thing, do something for those who have need of a man’s help– something for which you get no pay but the privilege of doing it. For, remember, you don’t live in a world all your own. Your brothers are here, too.
39. I’ve learned that you shouldn’t go through life with a catcher’s mitt on both hands. You need to be able to throw something back.
More Quotes You’ll Love
If you like these giving back quotes, then check out a few more of our favorites.
- Budget Quotes Worth Saving – Budgeting can seem stressful and overwhelming at times, but once you get your goals set and your intentions placed, budgeting can be so rewarding. Financial Freedom can be so rewarding, but it is a true process. And it is okay to feel discouraged or overwhelmed at times, but it’s so important to always keep your head up and eye on the prize.
- Motivational Monday Quotes with Images – Mondays can go two different ways, motivating or super negative! Don’t let the Monday blues take hold of you, these motivating Monday quotes with images are the perfect way to start your week! I personally love Mondays, I always have. Maybe it’s because I love checking things off my list or maybe it’s because I love starting fresh, but Mondays to me are one of my favorite days of the week, that and Saturdays of course. With these Monday quotes with images, maybe Mondays can be your new favorite too.
- Classic Gilmore Girls Quotes that are Always True – The Gilmore Girls have said some funny things over the course of their show. I still quote silly lines from the series! Lorelai was always so random and many of us could relate to her dire need for coffee. She was definitely a cool mom and even though she’s a TV character, she provided a great example of how to raise a child. Lorelai was there for every heartbreak Rory faced every school event and every milestone moment in Rory’s life. They made each other a priority and that’s what was so special about their bond.