Inside: 21 National Nurses Day Quotes + Messages.
The definition of a nurse: To go above and beyond the call of duty. The first to work and the last to leave. The heart and soul of caring, who will pass through your life for a minute and impact it for an eternity.
An empowered individual whom you may meet for only a 12-hour period, but who will put you and yours above theirs. In honor of Nurses Day, we have put together a list of the best National Nurses Day Quotes to share with your favorite healthcare worker!
National Nurses Day Quotes
1. Every nurse was drawn to nursing because of a desire to care, to serve, or to help.
2. The character of the nurse is as important as the knowledge she possesses.
3. Save one life and you’re a hero, save one hundred lives and you’re a nurse.
4. Nurses dispense comfort, compassion, and caring without even a prescription.
5. America’s nurses are the beating heart of our medical system.
6. It would not be possible to praise nurses too highly.
7. A nurse will always give us hope; an angel with a stethoscope.
Sweet National Nurses Day Quotes
8. To do what nobody else will do, in a way that nobody else can do, in spite of all we go through…that is what it is to be a nurse.
9. A nurse is not what you do. It is what you are… I am a nurse. It’s not what I do, it’s what I AM.
10. BE KIND for everyone you meet is fighting a BATTLE
11. Nurse: just another word to describe a person strong enough to tolerate anything and soft enough to understand anyone.
12. “I attribute my success to this; I never gave nor took any excuse.” —Florence Nightingale
13. The best way to find yourself is to lose yourself in the service of others.
14. When you feel like quitting, remember why you started.
15. May your scrubs be comfy, your coffee be strong, and your Monday be short.
Messages for Your Favorite Nurse
Share these cute national nurses day quotes with your favorite nurse.
16. “The meaning of life is to find your gift. The purpose of life is to give it away.” —William Shakespeare
17. Have a heart that never hardens, a temper that never tires, a touch that never hurts.
18. “It is not how much you do, but how much love you put in the doing.” —Mother Teresa
19. To know even one life has breathed easier because you have lived; that is to have succeeded.
20. Not all angels have wings…some have scrubs.
21. It’s a beautiful thing when a career and a passion come together.
More Quotes You’ll Love to Share
If you like these National Nurses Day Quotes, then check out a few more of our favorite quotes to share.
- Positive Growth Mindset Quotes for Kids – If you want to achieve your potential, have your children achieve their potential, or have your students achieve their potential, a growth mindset is a necessity. These positive growth mindset quotes for kids are the perfect way to focus kids’ attention on the power their minds can bring. They are so positive to encourage kids to toss out the fixed mindset that limits potential and possibilities and grow into a mindset that encourages effort and perseverance. You can share the quotes in your kid’s lunchbox, around their room, you can use them in a classroom or Sunday school class. The possibilities are endless and the motivation is overwhelming.
- Happy 70th Birthday Quotes – Whether your 70-year-old birthday girl or boy sees the glass half empty or half full, you need to give him or her something to feel good about. That’s we came up with these great 70th birthday quotes to celebrate this occasion with tender, loving care.
- Dog Birthday Quotes – From their silly looks to their loving licks, they all about sharing smiles and happiness in our lives. So when it comes to their birthdays, it was only natural that we put our hands and paws together to create fun birthday dog quotes, quips, and cuteness to celebrate them!