Inside: 55 Yoga Quotes on Balance.
There is something so peaceful and rejuvenating about practicing yoga. I find myself getting lost with each flow, it is something I look forward to every day.
Taking a deep breath and releasing all my tension make tackling the day a little easier. Here are 55 of my favorite Yoga Quotes!
Yoga Quotes on Balance
1. “Breathe through it, and release anything that does not serve you.” – Anonymous
2. “Make an attitude to be in gratitude, you will find the whole Universe will come to you.” – Yogi Bhajan
3. “The quality of our breath expresses our inner feelings.” – T.K.V. Desikachar
4. “You cannot do yoga. Yoga is your natural state. What you can do are yoga exercises, which may reveal to you where you are resisting your natural state.” – Sharon Gannon
5. “Remember, it doesn’t matter how deep into a posture you go – what does matter is who you are when you get there.” – Max Strom
6. “Yoga is a way to freedom. By its constant practice, we can free ourselves from fear, anguish, and loneliness.” – Indra Devi
7. “In stillness, all conflict must end.” – Phillip Urso
8. “Inhale the future, exhale the past.” – Anonymous
9. “Yoga takes you into the present moment, the only place where life exists.” – Anonymous
10. “A photographer gets people to pose for him. A yoga instructor gets people to pose for themselves.” – T. Guillemets 1
11. “Put your heart, mind, intellect, and soul even into your smallest acts. This is the secret of success.” – Swami Sivananda
These yoga quotes are perfect for all your balance and meditation needs!
12. “By embracing your mother wound as your yoga, you transform what has been a hindrance in your life into a teacher of the heart.” – Phillip Moffitt
13. “The attitude of gratitude is the highest yoga.” – Yogi Bhajan
14. “Yoga exists in the world because everything is linked.” – Desikachar
15. “Yoga is 99% practice and 1% theory.”
16. “The chakras are very intelligent – they are like the software of the whole computer body.” – Dharma Mittra
17. ‘When the breath wanders the mind also is unsteady. But when the breath is calmed the mind too will be still, and the yogi achieves long life. Therefore, one should learn to control the breath.” – Hatha Yoga Pradipika
18. “You cannot do yoga. Yoga is your natural state. What you can do are yoga exercises, which may reveal to you where you are resisting your natural state.” – Sharon Gannon
19. “Yoga is invigoration in relaxation. Freedom in routine. Confidence through self-control. The energy within and energy without.” – Ymber Delecto
20. “Self-discipline, self-study, and devotion are yoga in the form of action” – Yoga Sutra II
21. “Concentrating on poses clears the mind while focusing on the breath helps the body shift out of fight or flight mode.” – Melanie Haiken
22. “The most important pieces of equipment you need for doing yoga are your body and your mind.” – Rodney Yee
23. “Here and now is where yoga begins” – Yoga Sutra
24. “Yoga has a sly, clever way of short-circuiting the mental patterns that cause anxiety.”- Baxter Bell
Yoga Quotes for Everyone
25. “To perform every action artfully is yoga” – Swami Kripaivananda
26. “Yoga teaches us to cure what need not be endured and endure what cannot be cured.” – B.K.S. Iyengar
27. “Yoga is a dance between control and surrender – between pushing and letting go – and when to push and when to let go becomes part of the creative process, part of the open-ended exploration of your being.” – Joel Kramer
28. “When you inhale, you are taking the strength from God. When you exhale, it represents the service you are giving to the world.” – B.K.S. Iyengar
29. “Yoga is really trying to liberate us from … shame about our bodies. To love your body is a very important thing — I think the health of your mind depends on your being able to love your body.” – Rodney Yee
30. “The yoga mat is a good place to turn when talk therapy and antidepressants aren’t enough.” – Amy Weintraub
32. “This calm steadiness of the senses is called yoga. Then one should become watchful, becomes yoga comes and go.” – Katha Upanishad
33. “Yoga is possible for anybody who really wants it. Yoga is universal…. But don’t approach yoga with a business mind looking for worldly gain.” – Sri Krishna Pattabhi Jois
34. “The very heart of yoga practice is abhyasa – steady effort in the direction you want to go” -Sally Kempton
35. “For me, yoga is not just a workout – it’s about working on yourself.” – Mary Glover
36. “You can enter yoga, or the path of yoga, only when you are totally frustrated with your own mind as it is. If you are still hoping that you can gain something through your mind, yoga is not for you.” – Osho
37. “Yoga is the journey of the self, through the self, to the self.” – The Bhagavad Gita
The Best Yoga Quotes for You
38. “This world is your body. This world is a great school; Our world is your silent teacher.” – Swami Sivananda
39. “Yoga is the fountain of youth. You’re only as young as your spine is flexible.” – Bob Harper
40. “The ultimate goal of yoga is to always observe things accurately, and therefore never act in a way that will make us regret our actions later.” – T.K.V. Desikachar
41. “Thus meditating you will no longer strive to build yourself up in your prejudices, but, forgetting self, you will remember only that you are seeking the Truth.” – James Allen
42. “If I’m losing balance in a pose, I stretch higher and God reaches down to steady me. It works every time, and not just in yoga.” – T. Guillemets
43. “Meditation is the dissolution of thoughts in Eternal awareness or Pure consciousness without objectification, knowing without thinking, merging finitude in infinity.” – Swami Sivananda 4044. “Anyone who practices can obtain success in yoga but not one who is lazy. Constant practice alone is the secret of success.” – Svatmaram
45. “When I started doing asana, the yoga postures, I had a very strong feeling of many unnecessary things dropping away – especially tension and inadequacy.” – Patricia Sullivan
46. “Yoga is the perfect opportunity to be curious about who you are.” – Jason Crandell
47. “This yoga is not possible, for the one who eats too much, or who does not eat at all; who sleeps too much, or who keeps awake.” – Bhagavad Gita
48. “Mountain pose teaches us, literally, how to stand on our own two feet…. teaching us to root ourselves into the earth…. Our bodies become a connection between heaven and earth.” – Carol Krucoff
A Few More of our Favorites
Here are a few more of our favorite yoga quotes!
49. “When the breath wanders the mind also is unsteady. But when the breath is calmed the mind too will be still, and the yogi achieves long life. Therefore, one should learn to control the breath.” – Hatha Yoga Pradipika
50. “Yoga is a light, which once lit, will never dim. The better your practice, the brighter the flame.” – B.K.S. Iyengar
51. “The practice of Yoga brings us face to face with the extraordinary complexity of our own being.” – Sri Aurobinda
52. “In asana practice we learn to cherish each breath, to cherish every cell in our bodies. The time we spend on the mat is love in action” – Rolf Gates
53. “Yoga is the perfect opportunity to be curious about who you are.” – Jason Crandell 5054. “Inhale, and God approaches you. Hold the inhalation, and God remains with you. Exhale, and you approach God. Hold the exhalation, and surrender to God.” – Krishnamacharya
55. “Yoga is possible for anybody who really wants it. Yoga is universal…. But don’t approach yoga with a business mind looking for worldly gain.” – Sri Krishna Pattabhi Jois
Quotes You’ll Love
If you liked these Yoga Quotes then you will love these other favorites!
- Good Vibes Quotes – Good vibes only around here, that’s a must! Sometimes life can deal you some bad cards, but it’s how you handle it that matters! With a positive mindset and a kind soul, you can get through anything that life puts in your path. When you spread good vibes then better vibes find you. Check out these 37 Good Vibes Quotes for a happy life!
- 80th Birthday Quotes – I mean, you thought your 30th birthday was a big deal, but 80??? These 80th Birthday Quotes are designed to help you celebrate a life well-lived. It’s no coincidence that people turning 80 this year were born the year the Great Depression ended. Their births represented a new hope for America.
- Happy Birthday, Husband Quotes – It’s your husband’s birthday! Today is a day to celebrate him for all the happiness he brings to your life. It’s a day to remember the gift that he is to you, and everything he means to you. These “Happy Birthday Quotes for Husband” are meant to help you find the right words to help celebrate his special day.