Inside: The best California quotes to use for captions for your travel photos, the backs of postcards… anything!
Okay so depending on who you are, you know that California is really one of the greatest states. Sure there are some social and political differences that divide the country about what to think about the beautiful state, but regardless… it’s just that! Beautiful. It’s stunning from top to bottom, with the most amazing climate, and not to mention it has just about every different travel destination you could desire: mountains, beaches, cities, and forests.
It really has it all!
Maybe you’re planning a trip there or you just returned from the golden state and you need some captions for your travel photos or you need some ideas on what to write on the back of the postcard you purchased while you were there.
California quotes are easy to come by and even easier to fall in love with, and they will make you fall in love with the state all over again too.
Check out these California quotes to get some inspiration.
Golden State Quotes
1. In Los Angeles, you can have the city life and feel like you’re on holiday at the same time. – Isabell Marant
2. People cut themselves off from the ties of their old life when they come to Los Angeles. – Tom Bradley
3. A blvd called Sunset.
4. Follow your heart even if it takes you all the way to California.
5. Los Angeles is like a beauty parlor at the end of the universe. – Emily Mortimer
6. California is always a good idea.
7. Lost in Los Angeles.
8. I left my heart in California.
9. Golden state of mind.
10. California is where you get to start over. – Tracy Chevalier
11. California is where you can’t run any farther without getting wet.
12. Southern California, which is shaped somewhat like a coffin, is a giant sanatorium with flowers where people come to be cured of life itself in whatever way… This is the last stop before the sun gives up and sinks into the black, black ocean, and night – usually starless here – comes down. – John Rechy
13. She stood there as bright as the sun on that California coast.
14. California I sea you.
15. If they can’t do it in California, it can’t be done anywhere.
16. You’re not done with LA until LA is done with you.
17. I love driving. Driving along the California coastline is the best drive in the world.
18. I believe in that old adage that “as goes California, so does the country.”
19. California dreamin’
20. California girls just wanna have sun!
21. Home is where the heart is. And mine is in California.
22. The best way to live in California is to be from somewhere else.
23. I love you like the sun loves California.
24. California is all I ever wanted.
25. Move to California. Malibu is paradise.
26. They write songs about California girls for a reason.
27. You can take the girl out of California but you can’t take California out of the girl.
28. You know you’re from California when you don’t call it Cali.
29. California here I come!
Good Quotes About California
30. California is an unbelievable state. One day I might be in a spiritual place like Joshua Tree, then before I know it, I’m eating groovy sushi in a mini-mall. I’m a Cali girl through and through. – Drew Barrymore
31. She’s as busy as the New York City streets, with a soul as colorful as an L.A sunset, she’s not complicated, just passionate about keeping her vibe alive.
32. California where it is always summertime.
33.I want a little bit of California.
34. California is a queer place in a way. It has turned its back on the world and it looks into the void pacific. It is absolutely selfish, very empty, but not false, and at least, not full of false effort.
35. But here I am next to you the sky is so blue in Malibu.
36. If I can’t go to heaven, LA is the next best thing.
37. A week on the west coast is good for the soul.
38. When I came to California, it was the mecca of the world. Every young person on the planet wanted to be here. — Joni Mitchell
39. My heart cried out for you California.
40. West coast babe.
41. I should probably move here, right?
42. Not leaving anything behind in California but my heart.
43. Keep your face to the sun and you will never see the shadows.
44. Life’s a beach in California.
45. When I said this was my last trip to California, I lied.
West Coast Best Coast Travel Quotes
46. While I’m in L.A. I always make time for my favorite activity which is hiking. The trails in California are amazing, as they are always challenging, and I never get bored from all the beautiful scenery. – Dylan Lauren
47. There are so many different challenges California has; it’s the greatest state in the greatest country in the world. — Arnold Schwarzenegger
48. Palm trees, ocean breeze, salty air, sun-kissed hair, California, take me there.
49. It kills me when people talk about California hedonism. Anybody who talks about California hedonism has never spent a Christmas in Sacramento. — Joan Didion
50. To capture a California sunset in South Pasadena is to hold an angel’s wings with bated breath.
51. I’m sure I’ve never seen a place this beautiful.
52. I know once you come to California you will never look back.
53. Cheers to endless horizons, and golden skies in the golden state.
54. Salt air, cool breeze, adventure in my soul.
55. I’m a surfer. I grew up in Southern California and used to surf twice a day, every day. — Paul Walker
56. This is California. Blondes are like a state flower or something.
57. As one went to Europe to see the living past, so one must visit Southern California to observe the future. — Alison Lurie
58. You had me at California
59. You can travel the world but nothing comes close to the golden coast.
60. Life in California is beautiful.
California Quotes In Songs
61. Nothing comes close to the golden coast. – Katy Perry
62. How they dance in the courtyard, sweet summer sweat.
Some dance to remember, some dance to forget – The Eagles (Hotel California)
63. in the streets of San Francisco, gentle people with flowers in their hair – Scott McKenzie
64. Still a lot of lands to see, but I wouldn’t want to stay here, it’s too old and cold and settled in its ways. Oh, but California, California I’m coming home – Joni Mitchell
65. California soul, California soul. They say the sun comes up every morning, and if you listen carefully, the winds that ride on the high time whistle in melody. – The Fifth Dimension
66. West Coast… Best Coast.
67. Made up my mind to make a new start, going to California with an aching in my heart. Someone told me there’s a girl out there with love in her eyes and flowers in her hair. – Led Zeppelin
68. I’ve got to make it home somehow before I lose my mind. So won’t you carry me back to California? I’ve been on the road too long… – Carole King
69. Have you ever walked down through the sycamores where the farmhouse used to be? There the monarch’s autumn journey ends on windswept cypress trees. – The Beach Boys
70. Dreams turn into dust and blow away, and there you are. – Dionne Warwick
71. I’d be safe and warm if I was in LA, California dreamin on such a winter’s day. – The Mamas And The Papas
72. California day, California weather. Take the clouds away, I’ll feel a whole lot better. California day. There’s nothing like the sunshine to get me out of doors… – Starland Vocal Band
73. California… knows how to party
California… knows how to party
In the citaaay of L.A.
– Tupac and Dr. Dre
74. Cruising down Pacific Coast Highway
Put the top down, crawl into the back seat
Let’s create anthems of our own tonight – The Ataris
75. We’ve been on the run, Driving in the sun, Looking out for number one, California here we come, Right back where we started from – Phantom Planet
76. Beverly Hills, that’s where I want to be. – Weezer
Sayings And Quotes
77. All scenery in California requires distance to give it its highest charm. ― Mark Twain
78. California is always in my mind.
79. California can and does furnish the best bad things that are obtainable in America.
80. I’m your biggest fan, California, I’m coming home. ― Joni Mitchell
81. Find me on the beach in California.
82. All of the beach volleyball coaches and all the top players, everything is based out of Southern California. – Brooke Sweat
83. California here I come, straight from where I started from.
84. You haven’t lived until you’ve died in California.
85. I fell in love, her name is California.
86. And you know something because everything I’ve gotten– my career, my money, my family; everything that I’ve gotten and achieved is because of California.
87. Secretly, I think everyone who makes fun of California really does want to be in California. ― Zooey Deschanel
If you need a reason to read California content, no you don’t. It’s really such a fun state to visit, and whether it’s home for you or just a travel destination, there’s no reason not to love such a wonderful state.
Hopefully these quotes gave you all of the content you needed, maybe for multiple photo dumps! 87 California quotes was a lot but there’s so much to say about Cali, it should do the trick.
I’ve loved each of my visits to California, mainly to Los Angeles, but I am so ready to start to see other parts of the state too! I want to explore everywhere from the forests to the beaches to the deserts. Coachella, anyone?
Enjoy these California quotes and if you need some adventure inspiration, I’ve got it for you right here.