Inside: 27 Happy Memorial Day Quotes with Images.
There really is no way to say thank you to all the amazing men and women who fought for our freedom, their sacrifice is truly unmatched.
These 73+ Happy Memorial Day quotes with images are just a simple way to share some words to say thank you. The right words can show someone exactly how you feel, or celebrate an amazing moment.
Use these amazing quotes and images to share exactly how you feel on this special day.
Happy Memorial Day Quotes with Images
Enjoy a few of these amazing and inspired Memorial Day Quotes with Images!
1. We don’t know them all but we owe them all.
2. A hero is someone who has given his or her life to something bigger than oneself. – Joseph Campbell
3. America without her soldiers would be like God without His angels. – Claudia Pemberton
4. To those in uniform serving today who have served in the past, we honor you today and every day.
5. I have long believed that sacrifice is the pinnacle of patriotism.
6. What I can do for my country, I am willing to do. – Christopher Gadsden
Quotes with Images to Celebrate
Share these Happy Memorial Day quotes with Images!
7. And I’m proud to be an American, where at least I know I’m Free. And I won’t forget the man who died, who gave that right to me.
8. Freedom makes a huge requirement of every human being. With freedom comes responsibility. – Eleanor Roosevelt
9. Patriotism was a living fire of unquestioned belief and purpose. – Frank Knox
10. Those who have long enjoyed such privileges as we enjoy forget in time that men have died to win them. – Franklin D. Roosevelt
11. Patriotism is supporting your country all the time, and your government when it deserves it. – Mark Twain
12. America is hope. It is compassion. Excellence. It is valor.
13. One flag, one land, one heart, one hand, one nation forevermore! – Oliver Wendell Holmes
14. My fellow Americans, ask not what your country can do for you, ask what you can do for your country. – John F. Kennedy
15. The willingness of America’s veterans to sacrifice for our country has earned them our lasting gratitude. – Jeff Miller
Happy Memorial Day Quotes
These Happy Memorial Day quotes with images are full of patriotism and honor!
16. The brave die never, though they sleep in dust: Their courage nerves a thousand living men. – Minot J. Savage
17. Here men endured that a nation might live. – Herbert Hoover
18. This nation will remain the land of the free only as long as it is home of the brave. – Elmer Davis
19. There is nothing nobler than risking your life for your country. – Nick Lampson
20. As we express our gratitude, we must never forget that the highest appreciation is not to utter the words but to live by them. – John F. Kennedy
21. As America celebrates Memorial Day, we pay tribute to those who have given their lives in our nation’s wars. – John M. McHugh
22. A hero is someone who has given his or her life to something bigger than oneself. – Joseph Campbell
23. There’s intense national feeling in America that could be called patriotism. – Michael Ignatieff
These inspiring Happy Memorial Day quotes with images are the perfect words to celebrate all those who have served and continue to serve.
24. Home of the Free, Because of the Brave
25. “As we express our gratitude, we must never forget that the highest appreciation is not to utter the words, but to live by them.” — John F. Kennedy
26. The legacy of heroes is the memory of a great name and the inheritance of a great example.
27. “Your silent tents of green / We deck with fragrant flowers; / Yours has the suffering been, / The memory shall be ours.” — Henry Wadsworth Longfellow
28. Death leaves a heartache no one can heal, love leaves a memory no one can steal.
29. “They are dead; but they live in each Patriot’s breast, And their names are engraven on honor’s bright crest.” – Henry Wadsworth Longfellow
30. We can never repay the debt to those who gave their life for our freedom, but we can always honor them.
31. There is no greater honor we can give, than to remember and give thanks to those who gave their lives.
32. “And they who for their country die shall fill an honored grave, for glory lights the soldier’s tomb, and beauty weeps the brave.” — Joseph Rodman Drake
33. “Courage is contagious. When a brave man takes a stand, the spines of others are stiffened.” – Billy Graham 10
34. We do not know them all, but we do owe them all
35. “those who have long enjoyed such privileges as we enjoy forget in time that men have died to win them.” – FDR
36. “our debt to heroic men and valiant women in the service our country can never be repaid. They have earned our undying gratitude, America will never forget their sacrifices.” Harry S. Truman
37. “The willingness of America’s veterans to sacrifice for our country has earned them our lasting gratitude.” – Jeff Miller
38. “We come, not to mourn our dead soldiers, but to praise them.” — Francis A. Walker
39. They gave up their tomorrows so we could have our. We are eternally grateful for their sacrifice.
40. “The brave die never, though they sleep in dust / Their courage nerves a thousand living men.” — Minot J. Savage
41. “No person was ever honored for what he received. Honor has been the reward for what he gave.” – Calvin Coolidge
42. There is no question what the roll of honor in America is. The roll of honor consists of the names of men who have squared their conduct by ideals of duty.” – Woodrow T. Wilson
43. We take one day a year to remember the lives of the men and women to give us the privledge of living the other 364 days free. 20
44. “The patriot’s blood is the seed of freedom’s tree.” — Thomas Campbell
45. “Our nation owes a debt to its fallen heroes that we can never fully repay, but we can honor their sacrifice.” –Barack Obama
46. “Freedom does not come without a price. We may sometimes take for granted the many liberties we enjoy in America, but they have all been earned through the ultimate sacrifice paid by so many of the members of our armed forces.” – Charlie Dent
47. “Heroes never die. They live on forever in the hearts and minds of those who would follow in their footsteps.” – Emily Potter
48. “The legacy of heroes is the memory of a great name and the inheritance of a great example.” — Benjamin Disraeli
49. “A hero is someone who has given his or her life to something bigger than oneself.” – Joseph Campbell
50. Memorial Day isn’t about a 3 day weekend. It is a time to honor, reflect, and remember those who’ve made the ultimate sacrifice for their country
51. The cost of freedom is always high, but Americans have always paid it. And one path we shall never choose, and that is the path of surrender, or submission.
52. To the loved ones we have lost. You are forever in our hearts and minds. Your service and sacrifice will never be forgotten.
53. We are forever thankful for all the good memories you gave us. We hope you know how grateful the people are for what you did for our country.
54. May God bless everyone who is mourning the loss of a loved one today. Be strong and cherish the moments of happiness.
55. With the deepest admiration, we should strive to live by the liberties and principles for which our bravest soldiers fell.
56. As we express our gratitude, we must never forget that the highest appreciation is not to utter the words but to live by them.
57. May our eternal gratitude for the sacrifice these men and women made bring us peace and hope for a better tomorrow.
58. To those who gave their lives in service to our country. Thank you for your invaluable contribution, renewed hopes, and national aspirations.
59. We are mourning those who died for the United States to remind ourselves of worthy ideals, virtues, and priorities. May their sacrifice be a constant reminder of things that matter.
60. “Without memory, there is no culture. Without memory there would be no civilization, no future.” – Elie Wiesel
61. “America without her soldiers would be like God without His angels.” – Claudia Pemberton
62. “So long as the memory of certain beloved friends lives in my heart, I shall say that life is good.” – Hellen Keller
63. “And they who for their country die shall fill an honored grave, for glory lights the soldier’s tomb, and beauty weeps the brave.” – Joseph Rodman Drake 40
64. “Courage is almost a contradiction in terms. It means a strong desire to live taking the form of readiness to die.” – G.K. Chesterton
65. “Regard your soldiers as your children, and they will follow you into the deepest valleys; look on them as your own beloved sons, and they will stand by you even unto death.” – Sun Tzu
66. “The legacy of heroes is the memory of a great name and the inheritance of a great example.” – Benjamin Disraeli
67. “Never throughout history has a man who lived a life of ease left a name worth remembering.” – Theodore Roosevelt
68. “Ceremonies are important. But our gratitude has to be more than visits to the troops, and once-a-year Memorial Day ceremonies. We honor the dead best by treating the living well.” – Jennifer M Grandholm
69. “Who kept the faith and fought the fight; The glory theirs, the duty ours.” – Wallace Bruce
70. “For love of country they accepted death, and thus resolved all doubts, and made immortal their patriotism and their virtue.” James A. Garfield
71. “It is foolish and wrong to mourn the men who died. Rather we should thank God such men lived.” – George S Patton
72. “Our flag does not fly because the wind moves it. It flies with the last breath of each soldier who died protecting it.”
73. “The brave die never, though they sleep in dust, their courage nerves a thousand living men.” – Minot J Savage
“The patriot’s blood is the seed of freedom’s tree.” – Thomas Campbell
More Quotes You Will Love
As you know by now, we love QUOTES! They are the perfect way to share a thank you, your love for someone, or a funny joke, here are a few more of our favorite quotes!
- Adventurous Hiking Quotes – I don’t know about you but I love a good adventure. Crisp air, birds chirping, and a great hike is all the makings for a great for me! There is something so refreshing about a great adventure, no matter how big or small! I love a smooth Sunday afternoon stroll at our local hiking path to tackling a big rocky mountain! If you love hiking and fun adventures check out these amazing 25 Hiking Quotes!
- St. Patricks Day Quotes – Pick out your cutest green get up and let’s PARTY! These St. Patricks Day quotes are the PERFECT inspo for all your St. Patty’s day plans. We have the best St. Patricks Day quotes for parties, lovers, friends, and even those few that are a little less spirited. So get inspired and HAVE FUN!
- Sailing Quotes – There is something magical about sailing. While others choose to lay on the beach to feel the sun, we need to feel the wind, be kissed by the sea, and get the worst tan lines possible. These sailing quotes are designed to remind you of why there is no place you would rather be than a boat.
I hope you feel all the inspiration from these amazing quotes. Let us know in the comments what your favorite Happy Memorial Day quotes with images were and make sure to share it with your favorite Veteran or active service member!