Inside: 53 Scars Quotes to Help You Heal.
Whether they are physical or mental, you won’t be leaving this life without a scar or two. A scar is a symbol that you have gone through something and made it out the other side.
I am proud of my various scars, and especially my c-section scar because it led to the birth of my beautiful son, who I couldn’t imagine life without. That inspired me to search for scars quotes that could help us embrace our scars and see the beauty in them.
I hope these 53 Scar Quotes help you heal, and start to see how beautiful your scars truly are.
1. “They’re scars for a reason. They don’t hurt anymore, but they’re there to remind you of all the things you’ve lived through, the moments that almost killed you, and the ones who made you who you are.” -R.M. Drake
2. “These scars? They are my torment and my peace. They are the stories of my life.” -Yarrow
3. “Your scars a warning to all future monsters, of the hell you have survived before them, every demon you vanquished, and every battle you won.” -Nikita Gill
4. “He was the one who healed her – that made her feel her scars were beautiful.” -Atticus
5. Only when you’ve felt the blade can you truly understand the scar.
6. Scars are signs of survival, a mark of a cutting open that didn’t end in brokenness, a miracle written on skin.
7. “Out of suffering have emerged the strongest souls; the most massive characters are seared with scars.” -Khalil Gibran
8. “Every scar tells a story, every smile hides one.” -Anju K. Sharma
9. “I’d rather have a body full of scars and a head full of memories than a head of regrets and perfect skin.” -Atticus
10. Scars aren’t pretty, but I’ve found that healing rarely is.
11. Scars on your body show that you have lived. Scars on your heart show that you have loved.
Scars Captions for Instagram
12. The scars you can’t see are the hardest to heal.
13. “We’ve been through a lot, and though many of the wounds have healed, the scars they’ve left behind still throb every now and then.” -Neha Yazmin
14. “I show my scars so that others know they can heal.” -Rhacelle Nicol
15. “A really strong woman accepts the war she went through and is ennobled by her scars.” -Carly Simon
16. “The girl wore her scars the way some women wore their finest jewelry.”-Sarah J. Maas
17. “From every wound there is a scar, and every scar tells a story. A story that says, ‘I SURVIVED’” -Craig Scott
18. “The marks humans leave are too often scars.” -John Green
19. Scar tissue is stronger than regular tissue. Realize your strength. Move on.
20. “The wound is the place where the Light enters you.” -Rumi
21. “Turn your scars into stars.” -Robert H. Schuller
22. Don’t hide your scars, they are defining moments that prove your strength and wisdom and later encourage perseverance when you feel weak.
23. “I just don’t want to die without a few scars.” -Chuck Palahniuk
Deep Sayings about Scaring and Life
24. Be proud of the scars you have, because they are symbols of your true STRENGTH.
25. “I think scars are like battle wounds-beautiful, in a way. They show what you’ve been through and how strong you are for coming out of it.”-Demi Lovato
26. “Scars have the strange power to remind us that our past is real.” -Cormac McCarthy
27. “Scars are a warrior’s beauty marks.” -Matshona Dhliwayo
28. “He showed me his scars, and in return he let me pretend that I had none.” -Madeline Miller
29. “Show me your hands. Do they have scars from giving? Show me your feet. Are they wounded in service? Show me your heart. Have you left a place for divine love?” -Fulton J. Sheen
30. “Scars show us where we have been, they do not dictate where we are going.” -David Rossi
31. “The scars of others should teach us caution.” -St. Jerome
32. “Scars show toughness: that you’ve been through it, and you’re still standing.” -Theo Rossi
33. “To be alive at all is to have scars.” -John Steinbeck
34. “I think that I am a walking testimony to you can have scars. You can go through turbulent times and still have victory in your life.” -Natalie Cole
The Strength in Our Scars
35. “It’s easy for someone to joke about scars if they’ve never been cut.” -William Shakespeare
36. “The lessons of life amount not to wisdom, but to scar tissue and callus.” -Wallace Stegner
37. “Good hearts don’t leave scars like that.” -Tomi Adeyemi
38. “The person may have a scar, but it also means they have a story.” -Jodi Picoult
39. “Maybe I should find another doctor; one who realizes the importance of scars.” -Rasmenia Massoud
40. “I have a lot of scars, man. My mother said that a man is not a man unless he has a scar on his face. And what she meant by a scar was some kind of battle that you had to go through, whether it was psychological or physical. To her, a scar was actually beautiful and not something that marred you.” -Nick Nolte
41. “Some scars are carved into our bones – a part of who we are, shaping what we become.” -Sue Lynn Tan
42. “Our scars make us beautiful.” -Danielle Orner
43. Scars are tattoos with better stories.
44. “Bones heal, pain is temporary, and chicks dig scars.” -Evel Knievel
Phrases to Help You Overcome
45. “I’m grateful for every scar, some pages turned, some bridges burned, but there were lessons learned.” -Carrie Underwood
46. Behind our eyes, are all these things: our stories, our dreams, our deficiencies, and our scars.” -Crystal Woods
47. “Scars are memory. Like sutures. They stitch the past to me.” -China Mieville
48. “Markings in dry clay disappear
Only when the clay is soft again.
Scars upon the self disappear
Only when one becomes soft within.”
49. “You can never heal completely. The scars will always stay behind, just to remind how cruel the time was once to you. But someday, you will learn to see beauty in the world that gave you these scars. And your eyes will shine with no lies in it. That day, you become beautiful. With baring all the scars, Which you always tried to hide from everyone.” -Akshay Vasu
50. “Hate leaves ugly scars, love leaves beautiful ones.” -Mignon McLaughlin
51. “A scar is what happens when the word is made flesh.” -Leonard Cohen
52. “I like someone who is a little crazy but coming from a good place. I think scars are sexy because it means you made a mistake that led to a mess.” -Angelina Jolie
53. “We are drawn to stories,” he says in a soft voice, “and every scar carries one.” -Marie Lu