There is something magical about sailing. While others choose to lay on the beach to feel the sun, we need to feel the wind, be kissed by the sea, and get the worst tan lines possible. These sailing quotes are designed to remind you of why there is no place you would rather be than a boat.
So send a quote to your sailing partner, book your next adventure on your calendar and get out there!
Sailing Quotes to Remind You of the Sea
1. We travel not to escape life, but so that life doesn’t escape us.
2. Happiness is the wind in your sails.
3. Don’t listen to what they say. Go see.
4. Self-doubt is the anchor that keeps us from sailing.
5. A smooth sea never made a skilled sailor.
6. Life is better on a boat.
7. A rough day on the sea is better than an easy day in the office.
8. Work like a captain, play like a pirate.
9. I can’t change the direction of the wind, but I can always adjust my sails.
10. “A ship is always safe at shore, but that’s not what it’s built for.” – Albert Einstein
Sailing Quotes – Home is where the anchor drops
11. Home is where the anchor drops.
12. Salt Air. Cool Breeze. Adventure in my Soul.
13. “A sailor is an artist whose medium is the wind.” – Webb Chiles
14. “The goal is not to sail the boat, but rather to help the boat sail herself.” – John Rousmaniere
15. The is no good excuse not to be on a boat.
Sail it as you stole it, especially if you did
16. Sail it as you stole it, especially if you did.
17. Born to Sail. Forced to Work.
18. “it’s always ourselves we find in the sea.” – E.E. Cummings
19. “Now Voyager, sail thou forth, to seek and find.” – Walt Whitman
20. “You haven’t lived until you’ve sailed.” – David Sedaris
21. “A sailor without a destination cannot hope for a favorable wind.” – Leon Tec
22. The roughest storms prove the strength of our anchors.
23. Live life with no excuses, and travel with no regrets.
24. “The sea hates a coward.” – Eugene O’Neil
25. As the wind blows you must set your sail.