Inside: 53 Principle Quotes to Guide You.
To have principles means…
A principle is a kind of rule, belief, or idea that guides you. You can also say a good, ethical person has a lot of principles. In general, a principle is some kind of basic truth that helps you with your life. “Be fair” is a principle that guides (or should guide) most people and businesses.
Check out our favorite principle quotes and inspiring messages for your life.
Principle Quotes to Guide You
1. He that always gives way to others will end in having no principles of his own.
2. Let us cling to our principles, as the mariner clings to his last plank when night and tempest close around him.
3. Expedients are for the hour, but principles are for the ages.
4. Obey the principles without being bound by them.
5. Principles don’t change, people do.
6. It is right that we should stand by and act on our principles; but not right to hold them in obstinate blindness, or retain them when proved to be erroneous.
7. I wish to establish some sort of system not guided by chance but by some sort of definite and exact principle.
8. The change we personally experience from time to time, we deny to our principles.
9. Wrong is wrong, even if everybody is wrong. Right is right, even if nobody is right.
10. Solidarity is based on the principle that we are willing to put ourselves at risk to protect each other.
11. Do not be too moral. You may cheat yourself out of much life so. Aim above morality. Be not simply good; be good for something.
12. The purpose of morality is to teach you, not to suffer and die, but to enjoy yourself and live.
13. There is nothing divine about morality, it is a purely human affair.
14. Compassion is the basis of morality.
15. Morality is temporary, wisdom is permanent.
Stand By Your Principles Quotes
16. Those are my principles, and if you don’t like them… well, I have others.
17. A person that values its privileges above its principles soon loses both.
18. There are three constants in life… change, choice and principles.
19. Important principles may, and must, be inflexible.
20. My principles are more important than the money or my title.
21. Failure comes only when we forget our ideals and objectives and principles.
22. “Obey the principles without being bound by them.” – Bruce Lee
23. “Principles are the territory. Values are maps.” – Stephen Covey
24. “Principles are the simplicity on the far side of complexity.” – Stephen R. Covey
25. “There is no principle worth the name if it is not wholly good.” – Mahatma Gandhi
26. “A good principle not rightly understood may prove as hurtful as a bad.” – John Milton
27. “Let principles make decisions.” – Jack Hyles
28. “Teach principles not formulas.” – Richard P. Feynman
29. “Principle is a passion for truth.” – William Hazlitt
30. “The principle part of faith is patience.” – George Macdonald
Man of Principles Quotes
31. “Principle comes first; action thereafter.” – Todd Stocker
32. “Rise above principle and do what`s right.” – Joseph Heller
33. “Principles have a way of yielding to power.” – Bette Lord
34. “The first principle of all action is leisure.” – Aristotle
35. “Principles are what people have instead of God.” – Alexander Schmemann
36. “Important principles may and must be inflexible.” – Abraham Lincoln
37. “The principle of realism means denial of the ideal.” – Gustave Courbet
38. “Principles and their consequences are always constant.” – Sunday Adelaja
39. “Love is the only principle which makes life tolerable.” – Aleister Crowley
40. “The principles always work if you work the principles.” – Jack Canfield
41. “The deepest principle in human nature is the craving to be appreciated.” – William James
42. “A new principle is an inexhaustible source of new views.” – Luc De Clapiers
43. “Alter strategies and tactics, but never your principles.” – John Kessel
44. “Never compromise a principle or relinquish a vital truth.” – Alfred Armand Montapert
45. “The strongest principle of growth lies in human choice.” – George Eliot
Having Principles Sayings
Check out a few more of our favorite principle quotes and sayings.
46. “The principles of true art is not to portray, but to evoke.” – Jerzy Kosinski
47. “Fixed principles of truth are the only safeguard for youth.” – Ellen G. White
48. “If the principle is good for anything, it is worth living up to.” – Benjamin Franklin
49. I wish to establish some sort of system not guided by chance but by some sort of definite and exact principle.
50. The change we personally experience from time to time, we deny to our principles.
51. Wrong is wrong, even if everybody is wrong. Right is right, even if nobody is right.
52. Solidarity is based on the principle that we are willing to put ourselves at risk to protect each other.
53. Obey the principles without being bound by them.
More Inspiring Quotes You’ll Love
If you like these principle quotes then check out a few more of our favorite sayings and messages.
- Simple Life Quotes – These simple quotes are the ones that have grabbed hold of me and inspired me. The minimalist quotes have made me think and challenged my beliefs. And most importantly, the quotes about simplifying life that I return to time and time again to remind myself why simplifying and choosing to live with fewer leads to a life of more of what matters most to me.
- Grandpa Birthday Quotes for Your Favorite Guy – There is no one like Grandpa! Grandfathers are one of a kind, that is for sure. They are there to share their life experiences with you and pass on invaluable wisdom, along with some funny does of humor and a whole lot of love. Sometimes they like to spoil grandchildren, but that is just part of their “job” as a grandparent. If your grandpa made your childhood extra special, let him know on his birthday with these sweet and funny grandpa birthday quotes.
- Fake Friends Quotes and Sayings – We have all had that one friend that surprises us and shows their true colors. There is nothing worse than a fake friend, especially when you are a true friend to them. It is full of heartbreak, betrayal, and hurt feelings when finding out someone’s true colors.