Inside: Palm Sunday quotes for an inspirational Easter season.
As spring is quickly approaching, so is Easter. And that means Palm Sunday, the Sunday before Easter.
Palm Sunday is a Christian holiday that commemorates the triumphal entry of Jesus Christ into Jerusalem, which is recorded in the Gospels of Matthew, Mark, Luke, and John. It is celebrated on the Sunday before Easter Sunday, which this year will be on March 28th.
One of the most significant aspects of Palm Sunday is the tradition of the Palm Sunday procession. Many churches hold a special service where the faithful gather to receive palm branches, which are blessed and then used in a procession that simulates the entry of Jesus into Jerusalem, where the people welcomed him with palm branches and shouts of “Hosanna!”
Palm Sunday is also known as “Passion Sunday” because it marks the beginning of the Passion Week, the final week of Lent, leading to the crucifixion of Jesus on Good Friday and the celebration of his resurrection on Easter Sunday. This week is traditionally a time of reflection and penitence, as Christians prepare themselves to commemorate the suffering and death of Jesus.
We all need some good reminders about what Jesus did for us on the cross and everything that he felt that week. Check out these Palm Sunday quotes to give yourself that little reminder today.
Palm Sunday Quotes
1. But Palm Sunday tells us that … it is the cross that is the true tree of life.
2. So they took branches of palm trees and went out to meet Him, crying out, ‘Hosanna! Blessed is He who comes in the name of the Lord, even the King of Israel!
3. God loves each of us as if there were only one of us.
4. Life is full of ups and downs. Glorify God during the ups and fully trust in Him during the downs. Happy Palm Sunday to you.
5. With great power the apostles continued to testify to the resurrection of the Lord Jesus. And God’s grace was so powerfully at work in them all.
6. The ash placed on our foreheads on Ash Wed comes from the palms on Palm Sunday. The rite of burning of the palms is done today.
7. Alleluia, how the people cheer and palm leaves rustle as the King draws near.
8. We must not get tired of doing good, for we will reap at the proper time if we don’t give up.
9. Lord, we lift up your name. With hearts full of praise; be exalted, o Lord my God! Hosanna in the highest!
10. It’s Palm Sunday and it’s time to look back and remember what Christ has done for you. He had you on His mind over 2000 years ago!
11. May you enjoy the beauty of the season of spring, may your heart be filled with happiness and joy, may you have a wonderful Palm Sunday with your loved ones, warm wishes on Palm Sunday to you.
12. A man who was completely innocent, offered himself as a sacrifice for the good of others, including his enemies, and became the ransom of the world. It was the perfect act.
Quotes For Holy Week
13. May the angels protect you, may the sadness forget you, may goodness surround you, and may God always bless you. Happy Palm Sunday!
14. Therefore, if anyone is in Christ, the new creation has come. The old has gone, the new is here!
15. Have a blessed and happy Palm Sunday. Remember a week before He was crucified like a criminal, He rode into the city a King.
16. And being found in appearance as a man, He humbled himself by becoming obedient to death—even death on a cross!
17. And being found in appearance as a man, He humbled himself by becoming obedient to death—even death on a cross!
18. We are told to let our light shine, and if it does, we won’t need to tell anybody it does. Lighthouses don’t fire cannons to call attention to their shining—they just shine.
19. Jesus arrived just like He died. Praise to our humble servant King!
20. Today is Palm Sunday which marks Jesus’ triumphal entry into Jerusalem. It is also the beginning of Holy Week.
21. What should young people do with their lives today? Many things, obviously. But the most daring thing is to create stable communities in which the terrible disease of loneliness can be cured.
22. Praying that your days ahead be full of high spirits. Happy Palm Sunday.
23. We are told to let our light shine, and if it does, we won’t need to tell anybody it does. Lighthouses don’t fire cannons to call attention to their shining—they just shine.
24. Ride on, ride on in Majesty! In lowly pomp ride on to die; O Christ, thy triumphs now begin O’er captive death and conquered sin.
25. On Palm Sunday Jesus had the bigger picture in mind. He looked beyond the present and thought about the world’s future.
26. Palm Sunday is the celebration of new flowers and chirping birds. It is the celebration of the arrival of Jesus in our lives.
27. Good morning on this Palm Sunday everything I do, I do in the name of the Lord.
28. Let’s welcome this Palm Sunday by singing and praising the Lord Jesus. Hail the Lord.
29. I believe in one God, the first and great cause of goodness. I also believe in Jesus Christ, the rebirth of the world. I also believe in the Holy Ghost, the comforter.
30. Palm Sunday is like a glimpse of Easter. It’s a little bit joyful after being sombre during Lent.
31. Then I saw heaven opened and a white horse appeared. Its rider is the Faithful and True; he judges and wages just wars.
32. Lord, we lift up your name. With hearts full of praise; Be exalted, O Lord my God! Hosanna in the highest!
33. No pain, no palm; no thorns, no throne; no gall, no glory; no cross, no crown.
34. Today, many years ago, He rode a donkey, not a horse. Peace is still the way He travels.
35. Palm Sunday is to take inspiration from Christ and be a good soul.
36. May God shower you with blessings and love on Palm Sunday and always. Have a blessed day.
37. May the spirit of this Sunday The wonders of this season, and the beauty of springtime. Fill your heart with joy and your life with love.
38. I remember when Martin Luther King was assassinated and riots broke out in the city. We celebrated Palm Sunday on 14th Street.
39. Today is a very special day for every Christian and we must celebrate this day with great enthusiasm.
Sayings For Easter
Easter didn’t start on Easter. It didn’t even start on Palm Sunday. But these Palm Sunday quotes sure will remind you how long this process really was for Jesus.
40. On this holy occasion, I pray that you may enjoy the favor and blessings of God throughout your life.
41. Billboards were not around. Telephones were not invented. The only way that they could have known that Jesus was coming was by word of mouth. That is impressive if you had all those people coming without our modern-day advertisement ideas. in Palm Sunday.
42. When Christ entered into Jerusalem the people spread garments in the way: when He enters into our hearts, we pull off our own righteousness, and not only lay it under Christ’s feet but even trample upon it ourselves.
43. Palm Sunday’s thought; Life is full of ups and downs. Glorify God during the ups and fully trust in Him during the downs.
44. Palm Sunday’s thought: Life is full of ups and downs. Glorify God during the ups and fully trust in Him during the downs.
45. We will never know, this side of heaven, what terrible struggles took place in the spiritual world between Palm Sunday and Easter morning.
46. Remember finally, that the ashes that were on your forehead are created from the burnt palms of last Palm Sunday. New beginnings invariably come from old false things that are allowed to die.
47. God proved His love on the Cross. When Christ hung, and bled, and died, it was God saying to the world, ‘I love you.’
48. We like control; God, it seems, loves vulnerability. If we haven’t touched and united with the vulnerable place within us, we’re normally projecting seeming invulnerability outside and judging others for their weakness.
49. It’s Palm Sunday, and so begins our journey with Jesus from Jerusalem’s gate to Golgotha’s cross to Easter’s triumph!
50. It is a tragedy, perhaps, that human beings can get so much energy and enthusiasm from hate.
Palm Sunday Sayings
51. One of the scariest questions in the Palm Sunday story…. How will I respond when Jesus comes riding humbly into my life? Will I recognize the time of God’s coming to me? Will I recognize and welcome God’s personal visit?
52. Today, we remember not just Jesus’ entry into Jerusalem in the past, but also His entry in the future.
53. Of course, if you can pretend to be strong all your life, then you can be very comforting to those around you.
54. Palm branches were to the Jews of that day what the stars and stripes of our flag means to us today.
55. We understand and acknowledge that the resurrection has placed a glorious crown upon all of Christ’s sufferings!
56. He set an example
by washing their feet,
commanding them to do unto one another
the very same feat.
57. The tragedy of this event was the fickleness of the people. At this point they are acclaiming the Lord Jesus as the long expected Messiah – within a few days they were crying for His death!
Palm Sunday quotes remind us what was on Jesus’ mind as he entered the city/ It is also an opportunity to reflect on the meaning of Jesus’ entry into Jerusalem, which is a reminder of his message of humility and love, and his mission to bring salvation to humanity. The beginning of Holy Week marks the beginning of the last week of Jesus’ ministry, and it’s a period that isn’t held lightly by those of this faith. It is also a reminder of the powerful role that faith can play in our lives, as it can give us the strength to face any challenge and conquer any obstacle.
Palm Sunday is an important Christian holiday that commemorates the triumphal entry of Jesus into Jerusalem and marks the beginning of the Passion Week. It’s also an opportunity to participate in the Palm Sunday procession, to reflect and repent, and to prepare ourselves to commemorate the suffering and death of Jesus.
I hope these Palm Sunday quotes and sayings have added to the depth of the meaning of this week for you, and that you can celebrate and acknowledge everything that this week holds with a deeper reverence.
If you need some more quotes for the spring season, here are some dandelion quotes for you!