Inside: Turtle quotes for sea & land. These little land AND water cuties deserve every quote they get!
Turtles are some of the coolest creatures. There are so many different types of turtles, and each has such cool and unique features.
Almost every species of turtles live on both land and water, some are just land, but they all look so similar and are in the same family. We all know the kids movies that surround turtles or have cool turtle characters like Finding Nemo with the sea turtles that helped the journey through the East Australian Current, and of course Franklin the turtle as a main character. They’re just such a fun and fun loving creature, it’s easy to love them!
As you read through these turtle quotes, I hope that you find an even greater love and fascination for these animals and that you really find whatever it is you’re looking for.
Whether you saw a turtle in the wild, acquired a new turtle pet, or just love turtles, here are some cool quotes and sayings about your favorite little creatures.
Sea Turtle Sayings
1. Advice from a sea turtle: Swim with the current, be a good navigator, stay calm under pressure, be well traveled, think long term, go gracefully, spend time at the beach.
2. The sea, once it casts its spell, hols one in its net of wonder forever.
3. I don’t want to live in a world where I could say to my daughter, ‘There used to be turtles that swam in the ocean.’
4. And the turtles, of course…all the turtles are free, as turtles and, maybe, all creatures should be.
5. The voice of the sea speaks to the soul.
6. People want to do authentic things. They want to go horseback riding, fishing, shooting or searching for turtle nesting spots on the beach.
7. I would honestly say I’m in the turtle’s race. My journey is a marathon.
8. Retain a calm heart, sit like a turtle, walk swiftly like a pigeon, and sleep like a dog
9. The beach is in our blood. Everyone in our family returns to the beach instinctively, just like the sea turtles.
10. I’m happiest when floating in the sea.
11. We don’t even know if we’re in this room. We could be in a turtle’s dream in outer space.
12. Advice from a Sea Turtle: Be fearless. Always believe in yourself. Sometimes you’ll have to dig yourself out of a hole you didn’t dig. Never forget where you came from.
13. Even a mentally challenged shark would figure out that sea turtles did not wear boxer shorts printed in flying piggies, and no sea turtle would be yattering streams of obscenities between chain-smoker gasps of breath.
14. The very purpose of the shell is to protect the turtle from harm. And yet it is the shell that becomes its prison when danger comes.
Turtle Sayings And Quotes
15. Take a walk with a turtle. And behold the world in pause.
16. Move at your own pace. Slow down, go with the flow, don’t try to carry too much on your shoulders. Breathe come up for the air.
17. Try to be like the turtle, at ease in your own shell.
18. The speed doesn’t matter, forward is forward.
19. I’m turtally fine.
20. Behold the turtle. He makes progress only when he sticks his neck out.
21. My prince is not coming on a white horse but on a turtle, that’s why it takes so long before we’re together.
22. Life is good take it slow.
23. If a turtle doesn’t have a shell, is he homeless or naked?
24. It’s okay to play turtle for a while, as long as you don’t get too fond of your shell.
25. I am turtley in love with you.
26. Retain a calm heart, sit like a turtle, walk swiftly like a pigeon, and sleep like a dog
27. If a problem looks difficult, relax. If it looks impossible, relax even more. Then begin encouraging small changes, putting just enough pressure on yourself to move one turtle step forward. Then rest, savor, celebrate. Then step again. You’ll find that slow is fast, gentle is powerful, and stillness moves mountains.
28. Stephen Hawking’s A Brief History of Time tells the story of a cosmologist whose speech is interrupted by a little old lady who informs him that the universe rests on the back of a turtle. Ah, yes, madame, the scientist replies, but what does the turtle rest on? The old lady shoots back: You can’t trick me, young man. It’s nothing but turtles, turtles, turtles, all the way down.
29. Just a girl who loves turtles.
Pet Turtle Quotes
30. Turtles always strike me as devastatingly serious. If turtles could talk, I’d believe everything they said.
31. Every Halloween for six years, I was a Ninja Turtle, and Mikey was my favorite. The turtles really made me who I am today. They got me into martial arts, meditation, surfing, skateboarding; big time influence on who I am today.
32. And when you look at the Turtle’s movie there is something
there, definitely something there.
33. The turtle teaches us about walking our path in peace and sticking to it with determination and serenity.
34. Oh, a very useful philosophical animal, your average tortoise. Outrunning metaphorical arrows, beating hares in races… very handy.
35. The Turtle`s teachings are so beautiful. So very special. It teaches us that everything you are, everything you need and everything you bring to the world is inside you, not external, and you carry it with you, and are not limited to a place, space or time.
36. Tortoises are cynics, they always expect the worst. Why? I dunno, ‘cause it often happens to them, I suppose.
37. Words have a life of their own. There is no telling what they will do. Within a matter of days, they can even turn turtle and mean the opposite.
38. The world is not black and white; there are lots of shades of grey. There are good things and bad things in every era, and I think it’s kind of very blindfolded to say one era was wonderful, as it was wonderful, but there were a lot of bad things as well.
39. Our cat is kind dove shellfish, and thinks the world is hers, She finds a comfy spot and then we pet turtle sheep purrs.
40. I’m slow and my wrinkles might annoy you, I’m green and slimy but I sure my shell can protect you.
41. Oh, a very useful philosophical animal, your average tortoise. Outrunning metaphorical arrows, beating hares in races… very handy.
42. Changes in Latitudes began when I was looking at a photograph of a sea turtle swimming underwater. I had such a strong feeling for the beauty of this ancient creature, at home in the sea. On the spot, I wanted to swim with that turtle. I began to imagine a character who would do just that.
43. I’m like an old turtle these days. I don’t run wide-open everywhere, but at the end of the day, I’ll be where I’m supposed to be.
44. It does not matter how slowly you go as long as you do not stop.
Inspirational Turtle Sayings
45. Be like the turtle. If he didn’t stick his neck out, he wouldn’t get anywhere at all
46. As true as steel, as plantage to the moon, As sun today, at turtle to her mate, As iron to adamant, as earth to center.
47. Trusting in wealth is like looking for feathers on turtles.
48. Looking for peace is like looking for a turtle with a mustache: You won’t be able to find it. But when your heart is ready, peace will come looking for you.
49. In the end, everyone loses everyone. There was no invention to get around that, and so I felt, that night, like the turtle that everything else in the universe was on top of.
50. We’re the tortoise that has outrun the hare because it chose the easy predictions.
51. Slow and steady wins the race.
52. One day, a tortoise will learn how to fly
53. But we are mostly what we are, and the turtle stretching toward delicious buds on high does not lighten his carapace by his resolve.
54. I learn as much from a turtle as from a religious text.
55. I am now a turtle. Virtually everything I own is on my back and suffice it to say I am one ton lighter and therefore 2,000 pounds happier. All houses are gone.
56. I would honestly say I’m in the turtle race. My journey is a marathon.
57. As true as steel, as plantage to the moon, as sun to day, as turtle to her mate, as iron to adamant, as earth to center.
58. It’s the tortoise’s shell, ugly and hard, that protects its lifelong journey on earth.
59. If superstition could contradict science, the world may as well be on the back of a turtle. But giving into turtle worship was a bridge too far.
60. Like the turtle, you need to stick your neck out to make progress.
Positive Turtle Quotes
61. The Turtle’s teachings are so beautiful. So very special. It teaches us that everything you are, everything you need, and everything you bring to the world is inside you, not external, and you carry it with you and are not limited to a place, space, or time.
62. Pride of one’s work is not improper, unladylike, or vain. We can all take a lesson from the sea turtle. She does not travel thousands of miles or risk all for her ego. She has an instinct for greatness — one that I believe is found in all living creatures.
63. Anytime you see a turtle up on top of a fence post, you know he had some help.
64. Most people were heartless about turtles because a turtle’s heart will beat for hours after it had been cut up and butchered. But the old man thought, I have such a heart too.
65. The tortoise stores its wisdom in his shell.
66. Always be yourself. Except if you can be a turtle, then always be a turtle.
67. Retain a calm heart, sit like a turtle, walk swiftly like a pigeon, and sleep like a dog
68. I want to meet the man who saw a turtle and said, “People will LOVE the ninja version of that.
69. How you start is important, very important, but in the end, it is how you finish that counts. It is easier to be a self-starter than a self-finisher. The victor in the race is not the one who dashes off swiftest but the one who leads at the finish. In the race for success, speed is less important than stamina. The sticker outlasts the sprinter in life’s race. In America, we breed many hares but not so many tortoises.
70. Tortoises are cynics, they always expect the worst. Why? I dunno, ‘cause it often happens to them, I suppose.
71. Turtle has just one plan at a time, and every cell buys into it.
72. Turtles always strike me as devastatingly serious. If turtles could talk, I’d believe everything they said.
73. Oh, a very useful philosophical animal, your average tortoise. Outrunning metaphorical arrows, beating hares in races… very handy.
74. If the road is beautiful, walk the road slowly; be a turtle, be a snail, and even better than this: Stop walking; live the road fully!
75. No turtle can be a revolutionist because revolution requires high speed.
76. Tortoises can tell you more about the road than hares.
77. Never discourage anyone who continually makes progress, no matter how slow.
78. Move at a snail’s pace or walk with the speed of a turtle or run like a rabbit! Just move; forget about the speed and just move ahead!
79. Sleepy turtles never catch up with the sunrise.
80. The world kept turning, and the Turtle moved.
81. No man has ever seen a turtle climbing the wall. In order to do the things which are impossible for you, you need to change yourself, and better still, transform yourself into something new!
82. Good habits are the basic tools that will determine whether you are a tortoise or hare in life!
83. I suppose without curiosity, a man would be a tortoise. A very comfortable life a tortoise has.
84. You can’t get the taste of winning in a running competition with a turtle!
85. A good thing about turtles is that they never complain carrying their protective shells, As a matter of fact, it helps them increase their appetite! Remember this.
86. I’m like an old turtle these days. I don’t run wide-open everywhere, but at the end of the day, I’ll be where I’m supposed to be.
87. Nature is slow but sure; she works no faster than need be; she is the tortoise that wins the race by her perseverance.
88. Words have a life of their own. There is no telling what they will do. Within a matter of days, they can even turn turtle and mean the opposite.
Cute Turtle Quotes
89. Turtle has just one plan at a time, and every cell buys into it.
90. If the road is beautiful, walk the road slowly; be a turtle, be a snail and even better than this: Stop walking; live the road fully!
91. You are absolutely free to describe me as a turtle or something.
92. Lovely turtle quotes
Love makes even a turtle smile.
93. Turtle makes all men equal.
94. We could all be in a turtle’s dream, in outer space!
95. You know the sultans used to light their garden parties with turtles? They’d put candles on their backs and let them wander around. Hundreds of them.
96. Perhaps I am the turtle, able to live simply anywhere, even underwater for short periods, with my home on my back.
97. You don’t ease off until your horses are saddled and on the track. Until then, I’m like a snapping turtle. I snap at almost everybody with impatience.
98. See the turtle of enormous girth, on his shell, he holds the earth. If you want to run and play, come along the beam today.
99. I’m as self-contained as a turtle. When I put my key in the ignition, I have my home right behind me.
100. If a turtle doesn’t have a shell, is he homeless or naked?
101. Turles are the best because they are sweet.
102. Turtles are slow because they know that life moves too fast.
When you really stop to think about the amazing creatures in our world, it sure can be overwhelming! There’s a new level of appreciation for nature when you see what these animals can do and simply sit and appreciate them for a bit. It really is phenomenal!
Turtles are fascinating and unique creatures that have adapted to survive in a wide variety of environments. Their shells and diverse habitats make them an important and interesting part of our planet’s biodiversity. It’s so important for us to protect and conserve these ancient creatures for future generations to enjoy.
The endangerment of different animals and species is heartbreaking, that’s why it so warms my heart to see little protection areas set up around different parts of a beach where you just know a mama has laid her sea turtle eggs. We must do what we can for these creatures that we share the earth with!
Want some more sea animal quotes? Try these dolphin sayings!