Inside: Binge-Worthy Soul Food Quotes and Sayings.
The fetish for food is like a secret affair you never want to reveal. You can’t help salivating when you see the oh-so-delicious birthday cake, or the crisp fries, or even the melt-in-your-mouth lamb shanks. You may want to pretend that food does not affect you that much. But come on! Let’s be honest here. Don’t you wish you could eat all those yummy, to-die-for candies without putting an ounce of weight
What thought crosses your mind when you see a delicious slice of cheese?
Most of us would think of how it would melt in our mouth. But only a true connoisseur of fine food, like Clifton Fadiman, could think of another viewpoint, “Cheese—milk’s leap toward immortality.”
Clearly, food is an obsession with many. Binge on these other famous and meaningful soul food quotes.
Quotes About Food for the Soul
1. Food for the body is not enough. There must be food for the soul. – Dorthy Day
2. A recipe has no soul. You, as the cook, must bring soul to the recipe.
3. There is soul music, soul food, and soul love.
4. People who love to eat are always the best people. – Julia Child
5. Art is food for the soul, and an artistic climate is a healthy climate because it breeds empathy.
6. Bread and Books: Foor for the boy and food for the soul – what could be more worthy of our respect, and even love?
7. Fasting of the body is food for the soul.
8. I always thought that bagels and lox were my soul food, but it turns out it’s sushi.
9. If you like good ol’ fashioned southern soul food then yes, I am a good cook! My specialty is chicken dumplings and poke salad. – Doly Parton.
10. Laughter is brightest where food is best. – Irish Proverb
11. The stove is the shrine where I convene with my ancestors
12. Pull up a chair. Take a taste. Come join us. Life is so endlessly delicious.
Soul Food Quotes
13. Food is our common ground, a universal experience.
14.I felt once more how simple and frugal a thing is happiness: a glass of wine, a roast chestnut, a wretched little brazier, the sound of the sea. Nothing else. – Nikos Kazantzakis
15. This magical, marvelous food on our plate, this sustenance we absorb, has a story to tell. It has a journey.
16. Cooking is a caring and nurturing act. It’s kind of the ultimate gift for someone, to cook for them.
17. You don’t need a silver fork to eat good food.
18. Slat is born of the purest of parents: the sn and the sea.
19. Food to a large extent is what holds a society together and eating is closely linked to deep spiritual experiences.
20. Life is a combination of magic and pasta.
21. Sensuality is the real food for the soul.
22. I am not a glutton – I am an explorer of food.
23. The gentle art of gastronomy is a friendly one. It hurdles the language barrier, makes friends among civilized people, and warms the heart.
24. Cookbooks aren’t so much about what’s for dinner as they are about a world of abundant and creative choices. With cookbooks our options are always open; we not be able to ride the Concorde, but we can open a book and rustle up a Gratin de Poulet au Fromage if we’re so inclined. – Sara Ban Breathnach
25. Food is the central activity of mankind and one of the single most significant trademarks of a culture.
26. Comfort food is hearty. When hearts are heavy, they need gravitational and emotional equilibrium… food that reassures us that we will survive.
27. There is no love sincerer than the love of food.
28. How can we govern a country which has 246 varieties of cheese?
Many Haitian Creole phrases are good and useful to be used in the language. Here is a look at some of the best Haitian Creole quotes and sayings to use in country and enrich your time there.
29. Bondye Bon. – God is good.
30. Bondye fe san di. – God acts and doesn’t talk.
31. Nan tan grangou patat pa gen po. – In times of famine, sweet potatoes have no skin.
32. Neg di san fe. – People talk and don’t act.
33. Sa ki pa touye ou, li angrese ou. – That which doesn’t kill you makes you fat.
36. Sak vid pa kanp. – An empty sack can’t stand up.
37. Santi bon koute che. – Smelling good is expensive.
More Quotes You’ll Love to Share
If you like these soul food quotes, then check out a few more of our fun foodie favorites.
- Delicious Pie Quotes + Captions – Apple pie, cherry pie, pumpkin pie—the ingredients make no difference as long as you‘re working plenty of mouthwatering baked treats into your holiday diet. And since there‘s no better time of year to eat pie, there‘s also no better time to post about all your tasty desserts on Instagram. No matter what type of yummy pastry you prefer this holiday season, keep scrolling for 53 delicious pie quotes for your baker’s heart.
- Tasty Taco Quotes – Because, one, tacos are beloved by almost everyone and pretty much guarantee a lot of likes, and maybe even some follow. And two, tacos deserve even more love than they already get. You can show that love with the right caption, and we’ve got lots of funny ideas. Check out our favorite tasty taco quotes and captions that add the perfect dash of spice to your taco obsession!
- Funny Coffee Quotes – Don’t let the foodie obsession stop at tacos, pie, or creole, these warm coffee quotes are also a favorite. I like a nice tall, hot cup of joe every morning. Who am I kidding I usually have to have one every mid-afternoon as well! I know, I know, it’s a bad habit but listen a girl has to do what a girl has to do! Add a little extra pep to your morning routine with these coffee quotes.