Inside: Best Taylor Swift Song Quotes 2023.
I know we have all heard Taylor’s new album, Midnights, and can I just say…I am obsessed! So many of her lyrics are literal poetry, I am just consistently shocked by her depth and talent.
As she grows older, her music transforms, and I am so excited to be able to watch her career change and grow right along with her. And now, many of us (at least the lucky ones will get to see her live again this year!).
So today I want to share with you some of my favorite Taylor Swift song quotes from that album. These are the ones that both melt like butter and chill you to your core.
For those of you who have been fans of Taylor’s since the beginning, I can only imagine how excited you must have been for her to drop this album. I mean, the song with Lana Del Rey alone was just *chefs kiss*, but anyways, I digress. Check these out!
Taylor Swift Song Quotes 2022
It was hard for me not to quote the entire song for each of these, but with so many beautiful lines I think it would be an injustice to lump them all together. They deserve their own spotlight, don’t you think?
1. “It’s me, Hi, I’m the problem it’s me.” – Anti Hero
2. “And it’s like snow at the beachWeird but f***** beautiful Flying in a dream, stars by the pocketful You wanting me tonight feels impossible But it’s coming down, no sound, it’s all around.”
– Snow on the Beach
3. “And I chose youThe one I was dancing with in New York No shoes Looked up at the sky and it was The burgundy on my t-shirt when you splashed your wine into me And how the blood rushed into my cheeks, so scarlet it was The mark they saw on my collarbone The rust that grew between telephones The lips I used to call home So scarlet, it was maroon.”
4. “If you fail to plan, you plan to fail. Strategy sets the scene for the tale.” – Master Mind
5. “If I was some paint, did it splatter on a promising grown man,” – Would’ve Could’ve Should’ve
6. “Dear reader
Get out your map, pick somewhere and just run.
Burn all the files desert all your past lives,
and if you don’t recognize yourself
That means you did it right.”
– Dear Reader
7. “I hosted parties and starved my body like I’d be saved by a perfect kiss.” – You are on your own, kid
8. “Dear Reader, If it feels like a trap, you’re already in one.” – Dear Reader
9. “Once upon a time, the planets and the other fates and all the stars aligned.”
10. “I can’t let this go, I fight with you in my sleep.” – Would’ve Could’ve Should’ve
11. “And now that I know, I wish you’d left me wondering.” – Would’ve Could’ve Should’ve
12. “The tomb won’t close; stained glass windows in my mind.” – Would’ve Could’ve Should’ve
Taylor Lyrics That Make You Think
I had to separate these quotes on the 13th number, otherwise, I would not be a real Taylor Swift fan, now would I? Okay, jokes aside, this next list is full of lyrics that will make you think. Check these out and start contemplating!
13. “And the touch of a hand lit the fuse of a chain reaction of countermoves.” – Mastermind
14. “Goodbye, Goodbye, Goodbye. You were bigger than the whole sky. You were more than just a short time. And I’ve got a lot to pine about. I’ve got a lot to live without. I’m never gonna meet, what could have been, would’ve been, should’ve been you.” – Would’ve Could’ve Should’ve
15. “One day I’ll watch as you’re leaving, and life will lose all its meaning, for the last time.” – Anti Hero
16. “I’ll stare at directly at the sun but never in the mirror; it must exhausting, always rooting for the anti-hero.” – Anti-Hero
17. ” My fourth drink in hand, these desperate prayers of a cursed man.” – Dear Reader
18. “So make the friendship bracelets, take the moment and taste it, you’ve got no reason to be afraid.” – You’re On Your Own, Kid
19. “I didn’t choose this town; I dream of getting out.”
20. “I want your midnights, but I’ll be cleaning up bottles with you on New Year’s Day.” – New Year’s Day
21. “He wanted a bride; I was making my own name, chasing that fame, and he stayed the same. All of me changed like midnight.” – Midnight
22. “You should find another guiding light, but I shine so bright.” – Dear Reader
23. “I damn sure never would’ve danced with the devil at nineteen.” – Would’ve Could’ve Should’ve
24. “I’m the problem. It’s me. At teatime, everybody agrees. I’ll stare directly at the sun but never in the mirror; it must be exhausting always rooting for the Anti-Hero.” – Anti Hero
Top Taylor Swift Song Quotes in 2022
And lastly, here are the top Taylor Swift song quotes in 2022. I think these are going to make you fall in love if you haven’t already. There are so many moments when I am continually reminded that this is Taylor’s world and we are just living in it. Don’t you think?
25. “Oh my, love is a lie. S***, my friends say to get me by, ’cause it’s you. Catastrophic blues, Moving on was always easy. For me to do, it hits different; it hits different ’cause it’s you.” – Hit’s Different
26. “I lost you, the one I was dancing with in New York.” – Maroon
27. “I am damned if I do give a damn what people say.”
28. “He was sunshine, I was midnight rain.” – Midnight Rain
29. “I don’t start it, but I can tell you how it endsDon’t get sad; get even So on the weekends I don’t dress for friends Lately, I’ve been dressing for revenge.” – Vigilante S***.
30. “Good girl, sad boy
Big city, wrong choices
We had one thing goin’ on
I swear that it was somethin’
‘Cause I don’t remember who I was
Before you painted all my nights
A color I’ve searched for since.”
31. “Baby love, I think I’ve been a little too kindDidn’t notice you walking all over my peace of mind In the shoes I gave you as a present Puttin’ someone first only works when you’re in their top five And by the way, I’m going out tonight.” – Bejeweled
32. “”It only hurts this much right now”Was what I was thinking the whole time Breathe in, breathe through, breathe deep, breathe out I’ll be getting over you my whole life.”
33. “Spider-boy, king of thievesWeave your little webs of opacity My pennies made your crown Trick me once, trick me twice Don’t you know that cash ain’t the only price? It’s coming back around.”
34. “They said the end is comin’Everyone’s up to somethin’ I found myself a-runnin’ home to your sweet nothings Outside they’re push and shovin’ You’re in the kitchen hummin’ All that you ever wanted from me was sweet nothin'”
– Sweet Nothing
35. “What if I told you none of it was accidentalAnd the first night that you saw me, nothing was gonna stop me? I laid the groundwork and then, just like clockwork The dominoes cascaded in a line.”
36. “No one wanted to play with me as a little kidSo I’ve been scheming like a criminal ever since.” – Mastermind
37. “The mark they saw on my collarboneThe rust that grew between telephones The lips I used to call home So scarlet it was maroon.”
So…are you fangirling as much as I am? Even if I wasn’t already a fan, these quotes would have turned me. There is so much emotion, so much depth; it’s hard to deny her. If you loved reading these song lyrics, there are even more where these came from; you can continue the fun here.
Songs make the world go around, in my opinion. They give us something to relate to, something to connect with people about, and something to dance to in our living rooms at 1 am.
I couldn’t live without music. Every day I am so grateful that it exists, and I am grateful to people like Taylor, who constantly kick out new jams for us to listen to. I hope you loved these Taylor Swift Song Quotes!