Inside: 57 Magical Witch Quotes (Empowering + Fun).
When it comes to one of the coolest Halloween icons, very few things beat a witch. For some people, being dubbed a witch might have a negative connotation, but not for us. Witches are totally powerful and ooze confidence, so it makes sense that there are so many shows and movies about them. Not to mention, it’s one of the best Halloween costume ideas for both kids and adults.
We’ve rounded up the best quotes and sayings about witches. Including lines from The Wizard of Oz, American Horror Story: Coven, Practical Magic, Hocus Pocus, and other witchy films.
Witchy sayings that are empowering feminist, funny, and love-inspired quotes. And, of course, sayings that are all about magic — any of which would make the perfect caption for your Halloween Instagram or as a greeting for the little trick or treaters who are going to make a stop at your house this year.
Halloween Witch Quotes
1. You’d think they’d never seen a girl and a cat on a broom before.
2. “On Halloween, witches come true; Wild ghosts escape from dreams. Each monster dances in the park.” – Nick Gordon.
3. It’s all just a bunch of hocus pocus!
4. “I am a witch. A real house-haunting, broom-riding, cauldron-stirring witch.” —Samantha Stephens, “Bewitched”
5. “We’ve all got both light and dark inside us. What matters is the part we choose to act on.”—J.K. Rowling
6. When witches go riding, and black cats are seen, the moon laughs and whispers, ’tis near Halloween.
7. I’m going to be a very good witch from now on.
8. “The day he left me was the day I died. But then I was reborn as a witch.” — Elaine Parks, “The Love Witch”
9. All right! You wanna fry a witch! I’ll give you a witch!
10. “You’ve always had the power, my dear. You just had to learn it for yourself.” —Glinda, “The Wizard of Oz”
11. “What’s the matter? I have to be a witch, I have to be a mortal, I have to be a teenager, and I have to be a girl all at the same time. That’s what’s the matter.” —Sabrina the Teenage Witch
Funny Witch Quotes
12. You say witch like it’s a bad thing.
13. “I am a witch. A real house-haunting, broom-riding, cauldron-stirring witch.” —Bewitched
14. “The day we found magic, I thought we were going to change the world.” —Charmed
15. “You girls need to learn to fight. When witches don’t fight, we burn.” —American Horror Story: Coven
16. Witch better have my candy!
17. There’s a little witch in all of us.
Macbeth Witches Quotes
18. “Yet do I fear thy nature, It is too full o’ th’ milk of human kindness to catch the nearest way.” – Lady Macbeth, ‘Macbeth, Act I, Scene V.’
19. “To know my deed, ’twere best not know myself.” – Lady Macbeth, ‘Macbeth, Act II, Scene II.’
20. “First Witch: Lesser than Macbeth and greater.
Second Witch: Not so happy, yet much happier.
Third Witch: Thou shalt get kings, though thou be none. So all hail, Macbeth and Banquo!” – ‘Macbeth’, Act 1, Scene III.
21. “All hail, Macbeth, hail to thee, thane of Cawdor. All hail, Macbeth, thou shalt be king hereafter!.” – The Three Witches, ‘Macbeth, Act 1, Scene 3.’
22. “First Witch: When shall we three meet again? In thunder, lightning, or in rain?
Second Witch: When the hurly-burly’s done when the battle’s lost and won.
Third Witch: That will be ere the set of sun.
23. “Double, double toil and trouble; fire burn and cauldron bubble.”
24. First Witch: Where the place?
Second Witch: Upon the heath.
Third Witch: There to meet with Macbeth.” – ‘Macbeth’, Act 1, Scene I.
Glinda the Good Witch Quotes
25. You always had the power, my dear, you just had to learn it for yourself
26. And all you do is follow the Yellow Brick Road
27. You are capable of more than you know
28. Close your eyes and tap your heels together three times and think to yourself there’s no place like home
29. Are you a good witch or a bad witch?
30. It’s always best to start at the beginning.
31. Because she wouldn’t have believed me. She had to learn it for herself.
32. Go ahead and annoy me one more time….. The last witch that did is laying under a house.
The Witcher Quotes
33. Whatever You Lack In Talent, You Make Up For In Confidence.
34. If I Have To Choose Between One Evil And Another, Then I Prefer Not To Choose At All.
35. You Can’t Outrun Destiny Just Because You’re Terrified Of It.
36. In The Face Of The Inevitable, Good Leaders Should Always Choose Mercy.
37. Chaos Is The Same As It’s Always Been. Humans Just Adapted Better.
38. Respect Doesn’t Make History.”
Cute Witch Quotes
39. “‘Witch’ is something we call a woman who demands the benefit of the doubt, who speaks the truth, who punctures the con, who kills your joy if your joy is killing.” —The Witches Are Coming, by Lindy West
40. “The first time I called myself a ‘Witch’ was the most magical moment of my life.” – Margot Adler
41. A witch is a woman who worships herself as her own god. She is the creator of her own life, the healer of herself.
42. Witches don’t look like anything. Witches are. Witches do. – Franny Billingsley
43. Love for life in all its forms is the basic ethic of Witchcraft. – Starhaw
44. Sky Above, Earth Below, Peace Within
45. She was devoted to the moon in its darkness she found comfort and in its light she found hope – Wild Woman Sisterhood
Witch Sayings for Halloween
46. Caution! Witch Crossing
47. Please park all brooms at the door
48. Son of a Witch
49. Happy as a witch on a broom
50. “A witch out never be frightened in the darkest forest… because she should be sure in her soul that the most terrifying thing in the forest was her” – Terry Pratchett
51. You Say Witch Like It’s a Bad Thing.
52. “The day I decided that my life was magical there was suddenly magic all around me.” – Marabeth Quin
53. Unruly women are always witches no matter what century we’re in – Roxane Gay
More Fun Halloween Quotes You’ll Love
If you like these magical witch quotes then you will love these other fun Halloween sayings.
- Halloween Letterboard Quotes – These cute Halloween letter board quotes are the perfect little way to add a festive flair for the spooky season! One of my favorite ways to spice up my space for any holiday is to spruce up my letter board with a witty quote. Halloween is probably one of the more fun holidays to add a little pun to your board.
- Not So Scary Quotes for Kids – Grab your candy and bring on the spook these totally fun Halloween quotes for kids are perfect for all your Halloween festivities. From haunted house decor to witchy wishes these magic messages are perfect to send to all your ghostly friends!
- Funny Halloween Sayings – These spooky scary and totally fun Halloween quotes are perfect for all your Halloween festivities! From haunted house decor to witchy wishes these magic messages are perfect to send to all your ghostly friends!
- Hallows Eve Quotes – Is there any other holiday that ignites the imagination quite like All Hallow’s Eve? Because a picture may be worth a thousand words, but you shouldn’t have to choose between one or the other.