Inside: Wolf quotes that are bold and powerful to show your spirit animal strength.
Many of us find ourselves drawn to wolves. They are a fascinating animal that represent strength, loyalty, intelligence and courage. Wolves have been both revered and feared for thousands of years, sometimes being considered actual gods and sometimes being considered evil and cunning.
Wolves held a high place of honor amongst the nomadic Native American tribes, with many tribes considering wolves to be closely related to humans.
Here are 41 Dangerously Strong Wolf quotes, including Instagram captions, to inspire your inner alpha.
May these quotes and phrases inspire you to have the same qualities of the wolf – loyal, fearless and intelligent.
1. “Some days I am more wolf than woman, and I am still learning how to stop apologizing for my wild.” ― Nikita Gill
2. “Be like a lion and a wolf, then you have a big heart and the power of leadership.” – Unknown
3. “Those are the voices of my brothers, darling; I love the company of wolves.” – Angela Carter
4. “She slept with wolves without fear, for the wolves knew a lion was among them.”- R.M. Drake
5. “It never troubles the wolf how many the sheep may be.” -Virgil
6. “There is a battle of two wolves inside us all. One is evil. It is anger, jealousy, greed, resentment, lies, inferiority and ego. The other is good. It is joy, peace, love, hope, humility, kindness, empathy and truth. The wolf that wins? The one you feed.– Cherokee Proverb
7. “All species capable of grasping this fact manage better in the struggle for existence than those which rely upon their own strength alone: the wolf, which hunts in a pack, has a greater chance of survival than the lion, which hunts alone.” -Christian Lous Lange
8. “Where there are sheep, the wolves are never very far away.” — Plautus
9. “There are nights when the wolves are silent and only the moon howls.” — George Carlin
10. “According to the Iroquois, when the Creator made the animals of the earth, He shot each one in the left hind leg so that humans would be able to catch them, but He missed the wolf.” – Bruce Hampton, The Great American Wolf
11. “If you live among wolves you have to act like a wolf.” – Nikita Khrushchev
12. “The Canis Lupus, both wolf and man, were meant to be a family with one another. We gain strength through our bond with each other.” – Quinn Loftis
Clever Wolf Sayings
13. “It is madness for sheep to talk peace with a wolf.” -Thomas Fuller
14. “I woke up one morning thinking about wolves and realized that wolf packs function as families. Everyone has a role, and if you act within the parameters of your role, the whole pack succeeds, and when that falls apart, so does the pack.” -Jodi Picoult
15. “I guess I’m pretty much of a lone wolf. I don’t say I don’t like people at all, but, to tell you the truth, I only like it then if I have a chance to look deep into their hearts and their minds.” -Bela Lugosi
16. “Man is to man either a god or a wolf.” -Desiderius Erasmus
17. “We all have our preferences – some people go for birds – but for me, there’s just something about the wolf; the design of it is really aesthetically pleasing.” -Sarah Hall
18. “Oh, those golden-yellow eyes of the wolf! You can feel yourself being pulled in. I knew I had been accepted – and that I had spoken to another species.” -Jean Craighead George
19. “Grandmother dear, what big eyes you have!”
“The better to see with, my child.”
“Grandmother dear, what big teeth you have!”
“The better to eat you with!”
With these words, the wicked Wolf leapt upon Little Red Riding Hood and gobbled her up.” -Little Red Riding Hood
Wolf Quotes from Books
20. “For the strength of the Pack is the Wolf, and the strength of the Wolf is the Pack.” – Rudyard Kipling, ‘The Jungle Book’
21. “I was not prey any longer, I decided as I eased up to that door. And I was not a mouse. I was a wolf.” – Sarah J. Maas, ‘A Court Of Mist And Fury’
22. “The wolf exerts a powerful influence on the human imagination. It takes your stare and turns it back on you” – Barry Lopez, ‘Of Wolves And Men’
23. “A man might befriend a wolf, even break a wolf, but no man could truly tame a wolf.” – George R.R. Martin, ‘A Dance With Dragons’
24. “The Wild still lingered in him and the wolf in him merely slept.”- Jack London, ‘White Fang’
25. “I have wolf blood and wolf bones… Don’t expect me to graze with sheep.”- Melody Lee, ‘Moon Gypsy’
26. “Sometimes a wolf has to stand alone to find out what he’s made of.” – Dannika Dark, ‘The Vow’
27. “The wolves in the woods have sharp teeth and long claws, but it’s the wolf inside who will tear you apart.” – Jennifer Donnelly, ‘Stepsister’
28. “You are Arya of Winterfell, daughter of the North. You told me you could be strong. You have the wolf blood in you.” -George R.R. Martin, ‘A Clash of Kings’
Song Lyrics about Wolves
29. “Be careful of the curse that falls on young lovers / Starts so soft and sweet and turns them to hunters / A man who is pure at heart and says his prayers by night / May still become a wolf when the autumn moon is bright”. -Florence + the Machine, Howl
30. “But we’re running out of time / Oh, all the echoes in my mind cry / There’s blood on your lies / The sky’s open wide / There is nowhere for you to hide / The hunter’s moon is shining / I’m running with the wolves tonight.” -Aurora, Running with the Wolves
31. “I’ve been running through the jungle / I’ve been running with the wolves / To get to you, to get to you / I’ve been down the darkest alleys / Saw the dark side of the moon” -Selena Gomez & Marshmello, Wolves
“Wolves” by Selena Gomez & Marshmello music video
32. “Sheltered, you better keep the wolf back from the door / He wanders ever closer every night / And how he waits begging for blood / I promised you everything would be fine” -Mumford and Sons, Wolf
33. “In touch with the ground / I’m on the hunt I’m after you / Smell like I sound, I’m lost in a crowd / And I’m hungry like the wolf.“ -Duran Duran, Hungry Like the Wolf
Wolf Instagram Captions
34. Throw me to the wolves & I’ll return leading the pack
35. “I am not a wolf in sheep’s clothing, I’m a wolf in wolf’s clothing.” – Ricky Gervais
36. “Love will find a way through paths where wolves fear to prey.” — Lord Byron
37. I am the Alpha and this is my pack.
38. Fate whispered to the wolf, “You cannot withstand the storm,” and the wolf said, “I am the storm.”
39. A wolf doesn’t concern himself with the opinions of sheep.
40. “Hunger drives the wolf out of the wood.” – German Proverb
41. Live like a wolf: wild; free; hungry.
Whether you love or fear wolves, hopefully you are inspired by their unique traits! This list of wolf quotes really highlights the way they fascinate and also terrify us and have for thousands of years.
More Quotes about Animals:
- Inspiring Elephant Quotes and Positive Sayings – These elephant quotes capture the magnificence of the world’s largest land mammal – the elephant.
- Slow Sloth Quotes, Jokes & Sayings – Originally named after one of the Seven Deadly Sins, it’s no surprise that sloths have been labeled as the world’s laziest animals for decades.
- 87 “Hoppy” Bunny Quotes + Captions for Instagram – Bunnies are so adorable, and a clever pun always steals the show on social media.