Inside: 53 Hug Quotes to Help Your Day.
Sometimes when we are having a terrible day, all we need is a hug to restore our sense of peace. There is something about being wrapped in the arms of a loved one that makes us feel safe and secure. It doesn’t matter if that person is a parent, a partner or a friend, the restorative power of a hug heals us.
Hugs are even beneficial to our physical health! According to Greater Good Magazine, hugs release oxytocin and dopamine, which helps to slow our heart rate, reduce stress and anxiety, improve sleep, and boost our immune system.
Social isolation and loneliness have been shown to lead to premature death, so it’s vital for our mental and physical health, that we are connecting with loved ones regularly.
Powerful Hug Quotes
“My mom smiled at me. Her smile kind of hugged me.” ― R.J. Palacio, Wonder
2. “There’s something in a simple hug that always warms the heart. It welcomes us back home and makes it easier to part.” – Johnny Ray Ryder, Jr.
3. “I have learned that there is more power in a good strong hug than in a thousand meaningful words.” -Ann Hood
4. “Being able to give someone a hug from the heart, it’s healing. It’s healing for yourself and healing for others, and we need a lot of that.” -Big Show
5.”The most inexpensive gift you could receive that could fit all sizes and can be exchanged is a hug.” -Maria Bastida
6. “Feel the presence of love wrapped up within a hug.” -Robert M. Hensel
7. “Hugs can do great amounts of good – especially for children.” -Princess Diana
The Power of a Hug from Mom
8. “A mother’s hug lasts long after she lets go.”
9. “The life of a mother is full of warm hugs and sweet memories.”
10. “One of the best things in life is when you hug your mom, and she hugs you back even tighter.”
11. “A mother never runs out of hugs or love for her children.”
12. “The hug that lasts longer even after it was let go if from our mothers.” -Maria Bastida
13. “Mamma holds me and I hold her back. Sometimes all you can do is hold on.” -Jasmine Warga
14.”Hug is my mother’s word for affection.” -Roberta Indiana
15. “I want to / stay curled and cosied / and chocolated….forever / in my mother’s arms.” -Sanober Khan
Sweet Instagram Captions about Hugs
16. Hugs are the universal medicine.
17. I can’t wait to hug you again someday.
18. Hug your loved ones while you can!
19. I could spend the whole day hugging you.
20. “A hug makes you feel good all day.” -Kathleen Keating
21. I don’t need therapy, I need a hug.
22. A hug is worth a thousand words.
23. A hug represents two hearts wrapped in arms.
24. A single hug from you chases all my fears away.
25. My most favorite thing in the world is your hug.
Healing with a Hug Quotes
26. “If you’re angry at a loved one, hug that person. And mean it. You may not want to hug – which is all the more reason to do so. It’s hard to stay angry when someone shows they love you, and that’s precisely what happens when we hug each other.” -Walter Anderson
27. “Hugs are God’s way of reminding us how much we are loved.” -Gail Lynne Goodwin
28. “With age, you get to a place where you don’t want to knock people out. You just want to give people a hug.” –Vin Diesel
29. “An only cure for certain pain is an affectionate, pauseful, warm hug.” -Meghna Sodha
30. “When the right person hugs you, it’s like medicine. I’m so grateful for those few people in my life who are good for my soul.” – Steve Maraboli
31. “Sometimes all you can do is hug a friend tightly and wish that pain could be transferred by touch to your own emotional hard drive.” -Richelle E. Goodrich
Hugging Your Loved One Sayings
32. “Millions and millions of years would still not give me half enough time to describe that tiny instant of all eternity when you put your arms around me and I put my arms around you.” – Jacques Prevert
33. “Some of the strongest people you know are waiting to curl up in the right pair of arms & let out the sigh they’ve been holding in forever.” -Nitya Prakash
34. “One day someone is going to hug you so tight that all of your broken pieces will stick together.” -Unknown
35. “That’s what people do who love you. They put their arms around you and love you when you’re not so lovable.” –Deb Caletti
36. “A hug is a mutual act of love and affection that induces feelings of comfort, contentment, and security.”-Brenda Knight
Hug Quotes to Make You Smile
37. “I will not play tug o’ war. I’d rather play hug o’ war. Where everyone hugs instead of tugs, Where everyone giggles and rolls on the rug, Where everyone kisses, and everyone grins, and everyone cuddles, and everyone wins.” -Shel Silverstein
38. “I love hugging. I wish I was an octopus, so I could hug ten people at a time.” –Drew Barrymore
39. “Love affords you these three things: smiles, hugs, and kisses.” -Matshona Dhliwayo
40. “Laughing together is as close as you can get to a hug without touching.” -Gina Barreca
41. “Hug your friends tight but your enemies tighter- hug’ em so tight they can’t wiggle.” -Lyndon B Johnson
42. “A hug at night at the right moment and a kind shoulder to lean on, is the sprinkle of magic that keeps us walking towards hope.” -Mimi Novic
43.“I’ve learned that every day you should reach out and touch someone. People love a warm hug, or just a friendly pat on the back.” –Maya Angelou
The Benefits of a Hug
44. “We can bring positive energy into our daily lives by smiling more, talking to strangers in line, replacing handshakes with hugs, and calling our friends just to tell them we love them.” -Brandon Jenner
45. “Hugs make you feel psychologically more secure and together.” -Leo Buscaglia
46. “If you have loved ones today you should hug them. Memories cannot be hugged.” –Maria Bastida
47. “When you hug someone, never be the first to let go.” -H. Jackson Brown, Jr.
48. “Some moments can only be cured with a big squishy grandma hug.” -Dan Pearce
49. “The good thing about hugs: when you give one, you get one too.” -Diana Rowland
50. “The best gift you can give is a hug: one size fits all and no one ever minds if you return it.” –Marge Piercy
51. “We need 4 hugs a day for survival. We need 8 hugs a day for maintenance. We need 12 hugs a day for growth.” – Virginia Star
52. A hug a day keeps the demons at bay. – German Proverb
53. “You can never have too many books or too many hugs.” -Gina House
One of the things we lost the most during the height of the Covid-19 pandemic was our physical connection to family and friends. Now that the world is opening back up, and safety measures are available, hugging our loved ones is more important than ever. We hope these hug quotes help inspire you to connect even more!
More meaningful quotes to check out:
- You Mean So Much To Me Quotes for Him and Her – Expressing love and appreciation to someone has never been easier and more fulfilling than with these heartwarming “You mean so much to me” quotes and sayings that will make that special someone feel truly special!
- 31 of the Best Irish Love Quotes – The best and the worst thing about love is that it cannot be expressed in words.
- 80+ Love You Forever Quotes + Poems – When you love someone, you want to find as many ways to show them as possible.