Inside: Comparison Is The Thief of Joy Quotes that will rock your world.
I think one of the hardest parts about being human is how hard we can be on ourselves. I just finished reading these gilmore girls quotes, and it struck me. I’m barely 23 and I think I have spent the better half of my life comparing myself to others.
Whether it be what type of clothes I’m wearing, what my hair looks like, or what job I am doing…there isn’t one corner of my life that I haven’t compared to someone else’s. I am slowly learning to reverse this bad habit, and my life is getting exponentially better as I do.
One of my favorite ways to inspire myself to be a little kinder with my inner thoughts is by reading Comparison is the Thief of Joy quotes. This was originally said by Teddy Roosevelt himself, but there have been many other takes on this subject that I think you will find just as inspirational if you are on this journey to self-love like I am!
Comparison Is the Thief of Joy Quotes
First up, I want to give you some classics. As you can see below, I kick off this list with the original. Teddy Roosevelt said this quote first, so I had to put him at the top! Then I show you some other well-known quotes that describe was Teddy has said but with their own viewpoint. By the end of this article, you are going to feel so inspired. I’m excited FOR you!
1. “Comparison is the thief of joy.” – Theodore Roosevelt
2. “Don’t compare yourself to others. There’s no comparison between the sun and the moon.”
3. “I learned long ago to focus on things you can control and don’t even pay attention to things you don’t.” – Bryan Cranston
4. “Comparison is the enemy of creativity.” – Eyen A Gardener
5. “Comparing yourself with others is one of the highest forms of self-destruction and people who love themselves don’t destroy themselves.” – Sarvesh Jain
6. “Comparison only leads to two things: Pride in believing that you are better than others OR low self-esteem falsely believing that others are better than you. Neither belief is beneficial nor accurate. Remember, no one in the whole world can do a better job at being you than you.”
7. “Personality begins where comparison leaves off. Be unique. Be memorable. Be confident. Be proud.” – Shannon L Alder
8. “Why are you trying so hard to fit in when you’re born to stand out.” – Oliver James
9. “Don’t compare yourself to others; compare yourself to the person you were yesterday.” – Jordan Peterson
10. “Don’t waste your energy trying to change opinions…do your thing and don’t care if they don’t like it.” – Tina Fey
11. “Don’t compare your beginning with else’s middle.” – Thorin Klosowski
More Inspirational Quotes
Next up, I have some more inspiration comparison is the thief of joy quotes that I think you will get a real kick out of. Not only do these go even further into depth about just how awful comparing yourself can be, but they also remind you just how perfect you are as is. After all, you wouldn’t compare apples to oranges! To top this off, check out these simple life quotes.
12. “Comparing yourself with others is nothing but a waste of your time and energy. Be true to yourself and trust that you will always come out as a winner in the end.” -Marcus Garvey
13. “To be yourself in a world that is constantly trying to make you into something else is the greatest accomplishment.” – Ralph Waldo Emerson
14. “Comparison is the fastest way to feel unhappy.”
15. “Everyone is born unique. No comparison is possible. You are you, and I am I.” -Rajneesh
16. “The day I stopped comparing myself to others was the jay that joy came flooding back into my life. I didn’t realize what I was missing until it was back.”
17. “Every minute you spend wishing you had someone else’s life is a minute you spend wasting yours.”
18. “No one else is you, and that is your power.”
19. “No one can make you feel inferior without your consent.” – Eleanor Roosevelt
20. “Comparison is the crush of conformity from one side and competition from the other – It’s trying to simultaneously fit in and stand out.” – Brene Brown
21. “Confidence isn’t walking into a room thinking you are better than everyone; it’s walking in not having to compare yourself to anyone at all.”
Most Inspiring Comparison is the Thief of Joy Quotes
And lastly, this list contains some of the most inspiring comparison is the thief of joy quotes that you will ever read. This wraps up my favorite quotes, I had so much fun putting this together, I hope you enjoy them as much as I do! While you work your way through these, think about all the times you compared your situation to others…becoming aware is the first step.
22. “There is no need for comparison. Be happy with yourself and find satisfaction in your work.” – Lailah Gifty Akita
23. “Jealousy is comparison. And we have been taught to compare; we have been conditioned to compare, always compare. Somebody else has a better house; somebody else has more money. Somebody else has a more charismatic personality. Compare, go on comparing yourself with everybody else you pass by, and great jealousy will be the outcome. It is the by-product of the conditioning for comparison.” – Rajneesh
24. “I am too busy working on my own grass to notice if yours is greener.”
25. “Don’t compare your situation to others, you don’t know what goes on behind the scenes.”
26. “The reason you are not getting what you want is because you are focussing on what they got. Don’t get distracted by their results.”
27. “Comparison is a very foolish attitude because each person is unique and incomparable. Once this understanding settles in you, jealousy disappears. – Rajneesh
28. “the reason why we struggle with insecurity is that we compare our behind-the-scenes with everyone else’s highlight reel.”
29. “Comparison kills creativity. There is room for you; nobody can do it with your voice. Your experience. With your insight.” Karen Walrond
30. “The only relevant test of the validity of a hypothesis is comparison with prediction with experience.” -Milton Friedman
31. “Comparison will be the number one thing that will keep you from doing what god’s calling you to do. He’s put a gift and a call and a desire in your heart that is different than anyone else’s. And you’re wired that way for a reason.” -Kari Jobe
Learning to be nicer to yourself is such an important mission, so take a second and be proud of yourself. You are bound to live a much happier life if you can first create a balanced inner world, and being kind to yourself is the first step in creating that.
I hope that you enjoyed this list of Comparison is the Thief of Joy Quotes, as much as I loved putting them together. There are so many brilliant minds out there, ready to help inspire others to be better people. This is why I am so obsessed with quotes! I just can’t get over the power of the written word.
If you are interested in feeling even more inspired(who wouldn’t be) then you much check out this amazing compilations of work life balance Quotes. These will help you create an even more balanced life. I hope you love them as much as you loved these!