Inside: 47 Happy Groundhog Day Quotes + Captions.
By the time February rolls around, we’re all itching to know if spring will come early.
So we turn to the groundhog on February 2 to let us know if six more weeks of chilly winter or warmer days are right around the corner.
Whether your town is throwing a groundhog celebration or you just want to get in the spirit, it’s easy to get in the mood for this big day with a little fun and witty sayings.
Celebrate the coming of spring or the stay of Winter with these funny, snarky, and maybe even a little hopeful happy groundhog day quotes.
Plus we included some of our favorite famous quotes from the ever so popular “Groundhog Day” movie!
About Groundhogs Day
The Groundhog Day is held on the 2nd of February each year. This day is all about checking up the Punxsutawney Phil and find if he is able to see his shadow this year. If the Pennsylvanian groundhog is able to see his shadow, then North Americans should expect about six more weeks of winter. If he doesn’t then, winter is almost over and spring is just right around the corner. This celebration is really an interesting one. Forecasting what the climate is going to be is relied heavily on such activity by the animal.
Happy Groundhog Day Quotes
1. Happy Groundhog Day, everyone! Let’s hope the little rodent is brave so we don’t get six more weeks of winter!
2. Happy Groundhog Day! Shadow or no, spring is just around the corner!
3. Today is Groundhog Day, when we anxiously await a long-range weather forecast from a glorified rodent.
4. Shadow or no shadow, I hope everyone has a great Groundhog Day!
5. Happy Groundhog Day! Or at least it will be if the groundhog delivers the right verdict!
6. It’s Groundhog Day! C’mon woodchuck, give us an early spring!
7. Happy Groundhog Day to everyone who believes in the weather forecasting abilities of marmots.
8. Happy Groundhog Day, everyone. For the record, I’ll be thrilled if winter only lasts six more weeks.
9. Happy Groundhog Day! Think spring, everyone!
10. Happy Groundhog Day! So, will it be an early spring or six more weeks of winter? Only the shadow knows.
11. “The trouble with weather forecasting is that it’s right too often for us to ignore it and wrong too often for us to rely on it.” — Patrick Young
12. No winter lasts forever; no spring skips its turn.
Famous Groundhog Day Quotes
Bill Murray in ‘Groundhog Day’ plays an arrogant weatherperson, who is very shallow and hates Groundhog Day. But who knew that the day was going to last a lifetime for him?
‘Groundhog Day’ is one of the best romantic comedies out there. The movie delivers its point clearly and it knows its audience. This is a movie to watch if you want a positive perspective and want to be encouraged.
13. “Okay campers, rise, and shine, and don’t forget your booties ‘cause it’s cold out there… it’s cold out there every day.” – Phil Connors
14. “I’m a god — I’m not the God, I don’t think.” – Phil Connors
15. “I think people place too much emphasis on their careers. I wish we could all live in the mountains at high altitudes. That’s where I see myself in five years. How about you?” – Phil Connors
16. “Phil: Something is… different. Rita: Good or bad? Phil: Anything different is good.” – ‘Groundhog Day’
17. “Whew! Watch out for that first step. It’s a doozy!” – Ned Ryerson
18. “I peg you as a glass half empty kinda guy.” – Gus
Funny Groundhog Day Quotes + Sayings
19. I don’t have a date for Groundhog Day. I guess that means an extra six weeks of sweatpants.
20. Today is Groundhog Day, spread the word on this very important holiday, said no one ever.
21. Groundhog Day: ‘This is one time where television really fails to capture the true excitement of a large squirrel predicting the weather.’
22. Can it just be Groundhog Day already? I need to find out if there’s 6 more weeks of hell or not.
23. Dear Groundhog, on groundhogs day, please don’t see your shadow. I’m over this winter nonsense. You’ve been warned.
24. See the little groundhog, furry and brown. See the little groundhog, look all around. If he sees his shadow, down he goes. There’s more winter, little Groundhog knows.
25. Just saying. If the groundhog sees his shadows on Feb. 2, I’ll make a hat and scarf out of his fur.
26. I hope the groundhog sees or doesn’t see his shadow, depending on which means what.
27. I’m celebrating Groundhog Day by repeating the same crappy day I had yesterday.
Short and Sweet Groundhog Day Captions for Instagram
28. Don’t you mess with us, ground squirrel.
29. Winter is coming (again).
30. Scared of a shadow.
31. Here to see Punxsutawney.
32. On a superstition mission.
33. Liar, liar fur on fire.
34. Sunny with a chance of why are we trusting a rodent?
35. Why do we do this over and over and over?
36. Are you there, spring?
37. Something about today feels familiar.
38. More winter? More wine.
Silly Groundhog Day Sayings
39. Celebrating Groundhog Day and hoping spring is on the way!
40. Wanted for fraud [with image of groundhog].
41. He’s a rodent, not a meteorologist!
42. Time to take down the Christmas tree.
43. Getting our Phil.
44. Without a shadow of a doubt.
45. We don’t believe in global warming but we believe a groundhog.
46. Where’s Bill Murray?
47. Don’t you mess with us, ground squirrel.
More Fun Quotes You’ll Love to Share
If you like these funny Happy groundhog day quotes then check out a few more of our favorite hilarious sayings!
- Funny Teenager Quotes – Being a teenager is filled with ups, downs, and everything in between. From school crushes to your first job, many memorable moments that come with being a teenager. At times, being a teenager can be emotionally taxing. You may feel like you’re carrying the world on your shoulders. These funny teenage quotes are filled with little reminders of life’s funny moments that may bring you a little laugh.
- National Best Friends Day Quotes for Your BFF – Your friends have been there for you through the hard times, the family drama, the unbreathable bouts of laughter, and all the moments in between. It’s an unconditional kind of love that is often overlooked, but these best friend quotes really sum up all the feelings. Whether you both are attached at the hip, live on opposite sides of the country, don’t see each other as often as you would like to, or talk every single day, there is something for everyone here.
- Funny Money Quotes – Money isn’t the most important thing in life, but it’s reasonably close to oxygen on the ‘gotta have it’ scale. Finding a balance in a budget can be exhausting. Sometimes the best thing to do when it comes to money is just to laugh a little, am I right? Speaking of laughing a little, we always enjoy a great quote that makes us giggle. That’s why we decided to search for the funniest money quotes that will make that financial stress a little less scary. Check out these 23 totally funny money quotes that are sure to burn a hole in your pocket and let us know your favorite.