Inside: Homeschool Quotes to Inspire and Make You Giggle
The old stereotypes about being homeschooled are pretty much dead at this point. I’d like to thank those Mean Girls killed most of the stereotypes (thanks Lindsay Lohan!), but the reality is that it has become fairly normalized in our culture.
We all know perfectly fine people that were homeschooled and perfectly normal kids who are being homeschooled. But, we know how normal homeschoolers are in their ability to make fun of themselves – which is really how you know anyone is normal. So sit back and enjoy our curated list of the best homeschool quotes we could find.
Some are funny, some will make you smile, and hopefully, you will learn a thing or two.
Homeschool Quotes to Inspire and Make You Giggle
1. People like to say that homeschool kids are too sheltered from the real world. If sitting behind a desk all day is the “real world” maybe that’s a good thing?
2. It takes nothing to join the crows. It takes everything to take a stand-alone
3. If I wanted my kids to be trained for a life of busy work I would have sent them to the place that does that by giving them mindless worksheets to pass the time
4. Being homeschooled produced the likes of Abraham Lincoln and Albert Einstein, but that’s none of my business
5. “Play is the greatest form of research.” – Albert Einstein
6. What I said: “We are usually done homeschooling by lunch.” What everyone hears: “we are lazy and don’t do anything.” What actually happens: we learn in an appropriate amount of time and then explore instead of being herded like cats.
7. “Schools are producing test takers, while life needs thinkers and innovators.” – Bette Fetter
8. I’m pretty sure homeschooling was the right call, since I feel like I am learning most of this stuff for the first time when I teach them
9. I still think that teachers are some of the most important, gifted and brave people – I just believe the system is broken and handcuffs them from truly being as great as they could.
Speaking of Einstein… Homeschool Quotes
10. Just because I homeschool doesn’t mean I think less of you for sending your kids to school. We should never judge one another for making what we believe is the best choice for our kids.
11. I have no intentions of judging you for sending your kids to school, perhaps you could grant me the same courtesy for homeschooling?
12. “Children learn from anything and everything they see. They learn wherever they are, not just in special learning places.” – John Holt
13. By the age of 13, my children were in the highest percentile of national test scores A, had started their own businesses, excelled on sports teams, and were active in Scouts – it’s amazing what you can do when half of the day isn’t wasted in busywork.
14. Observant children should be put in the way of things worth observing.
15. I don’t homeschool my children to do school with them, I homeschool them because life is a great adventure that I am inviting them on.
16. “Children are born with all the curiosity they will ever need. It will last a lifetime if they are fed upon a daily diet of ideas.” – Charlotte Mason
17. “Homeschooling is not a race to the finish line. It’s a journey of a million small discoveries that lead you along the path God has marked out for you.” – Jeannie Fulbright
Observant children should be put in the way of things worth observing
You will feel inspired and revived with these amazing homeschool quotes!
18. Homeschooling is not about being different just to be different, it is about being different because that’s what’s best for my kids.
19. Homeschool, private school, public school – it doesn’t matter how we are educating our kids if we are modeling to them how to love one another, especially those we disagree with.
20. We should be far more worried about our kids turning out normal than turning out weird
21. It’s homeschooling, not solitary confinement – our kids get plenty of socialization
22. “Don’t question your ability to teach your child. Question putting your child into the same system that left you feeling incapable of teaching your child.”
23. I choose to believe that every parent wants what’s best for their child, and at the end of the day the child is being loved and cared for is far more important than the schooling option their parents chooses for them
24. Homeschooling is preparation for life, not a test. Sure, life has many tests, but so few of them happen behind a desk
25. If you think I chose to homeschool because it is easy, have you ever spend 8 hours a day with your kids keeping them on task for 5 days a week, for an entire year. Yeah, this was not the easy path.
We love these inspirational homeschool quotes, and we hope you do too! Let us know your favorite homeschool quotes and how it relates to you!