Inside: Encouraging LDS Quotes on Hope + Faith
We have incredible hope. But sometimes life can “get in the way” and it can be hard to hold on to that hope. There are many Bible verses about hope that encourage us and remind us of how much we have to hope for!
Our hope is that after we have lived this life for Jesus we will be like Him and we will be with Him eternally. That’s what we live for.
This requires that we don’t have our focus on things of the earth, but that we have our eyes set in the heavenly places.
Sometimes this can be hard to do, as the cares of this world threaten to choke out our hope and draw our sights down to anlevel. But we know we have a better hope than that! Here is a collection of LDS Quotes on the hope that can be used as a weapon to fight back those threats and help us to see past this world to the eternal.
LDS Quotes on Hope
1. “Blessed be the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ, who according to His abundant mercy has begotten us again to a living hope through the resurrection of Jesus Christ from the dead, to an inheritance incorruptible and undefiled and that does not fade away, reserved in heaven for you, who are kept by the power of God through faith for salvation ready to be revealed in the last time.” 1 Peter 1:3-5.
2. “If then you were raised with Christ, seek those things which are above, where Christ is, sitting at the right hand of God. Set your mind on things above, not on things on the earth.” Colossians 3:1-2.
3. “The eyes of your understanding being enlightened; that you may know what is the hope of His calling, what are the riches of the glory of His inheritance in the saints.” Ephesians 1:18.
4. “For our light affliction, which is but for a moment, is working for us a far more exceeding and eternal weight of glory, while we do not look at the things which are seen, but at the things which are not seen. For the things which are seen are temporary, but the things which are not seen are eternal.” 2 Corinthians 4:17-18.
5. “For God so loved the world that He gave His only begotten Son, that whoever believes in Him should not perish but have everlasting life.” John 3:16.
6. “These things I have written to you who believe in the name of the Son of God, that you may know that you have eternal life, and that you may continue to believe in the name of the Son of God.” 1 John 5:13-14.
7. “He who sows to the Spirit will of the Spirit reap everlasting life.” Galatians 6:8.
LDS Quotes About Hope
8. “Beloved, now we are children of God; and it has not yet been revealed what we shall be, but we know that when He is revealed, we shall be like Him, for we shall see Him as He is. And everyone who has this hope in Him purifies himself, just as He is pure.” 1 John 3:2-3.
9. “And we know that all things work together for good to those who love God, to those who are the called according to His purpose. For whom He foreknew, He also predestined to be conformed to the image of His Son, that He might be the firstborn among many brethren.” Romans 8:28-29.
10. “The Spirit Himself bears witness with our spirit that we are children of God, and if children, then heirs—heirs of God and joint-heirs with Christ, if indeed we suffer from Him, that we may also be glorified together.” Romans 8:16-17.
11. “To them, God willed to make known what are the riches of the glory of this mystery among the Gentiles: which is Christ in you, the hope of glory.” Colossians 1:27.
12. “Being confident of this very thing, that He who has begun a good work in you will complete it until the day of Jesus Christ.” Philippians 1:6.
13. “Brethren, I do not count myself to have apprehended; but one thing I do, forgetting those things which are behind and reaching forward to those things which are ahead, I press toward the goal for the prize of the upward call of God in Christ Jesus.” Philippians 3:13-14.
14. “For I consider that thes of this present time are not worthy to be compared with the glory which shall be revealed in us.” Romans 8:18.
LDS Messages of Hope
These LDS quotes on hope are the perfect encouragement.
15. “But may the God of all grace, who called us to His eternal glory by Christ Jesus, after you have suffered a while, perfect, establish, strengthen, and settle you.” 1 Peter 5:10.
16. “For I know the thoughts that I think toward you, says the Lord, thoughts of peace and not of evil, to give you a future and a hope.” Jeremiah 29:11.
17. “Fear not, for I have redeemed you; I have called you by your name; you are Mine. When you pass through the waters, I will be with you; and through the rivers, they shall not overflow you. When you walk through the fire, you shall not be burned, nor shall the flame scorch you.” Isaiah 43:1-2.
18. “Through the Lord’s mercies we are not consumed, because His compassions fail not.” Lamentations 3:22.
19. “Be strong and of good courage, do not fear nor be afraid of them; for the Lord your God, He is the One who goes with you. He will not leave you nor forsake you.” Deuteronomy 31:6.
20. “But when the kindness and the love of God our Savior toward man appeared, not by works of righteousness which we have done. But according to His mercy He saved us, through the washing of regeneration and renewing of the Holy Spirit, whom He poured out on us abundantly through Jesus Christ our Savior, that having been justified by His grace we should become heirs according to the hope of eternal life.” Titus 3:4-7.
Bible Verses on Hope
21. “But those who wait on the Lord shall renew their strength; they shall mount up with wings like eagles, they shall run and not be weary, they shall walk and not faint.” Isaiah 40:31.
22. “Blessed is the man who trusts in the Lord, and whose hope is the Lord. For he shall be like a tree planted by the waters, which spreads out its roots by the river, and will not fear when heat comes: but its leaf will be green, and will not be anxious in the year of drought, nor will cease from yielding fruit.” Jeremiah 17:7-8.
23. “For we were saved in this hope, but hope that is seen is not hope; for why does one still hope for what he sees? But if we hope for what we do not see, we eagerly wait for it with perseverance.” Romans 8:24-25.
24. “Now hope does not disappoint, because the love of God has been poured out in our hearts by the Holy Spirit who was given to us.” Romans 5:5.
25. “For the law made nothing perfect; on the other hand, there is the bringing in of a better hope, through which we draw near to God.” Hebrews 7:19.
More Quotes You’ll Love to Share
If you like these LDS quotes on hope, here are a few more that you’ll love.
- Smiling Through Pain Quotes – Some days are rough, shoot some months or even YEARS are rough. Life throws up wild curve balls that we never saw coming and the weight of that can pull us down. Even in the worst of situations, finding a way to seek happiness and joy will make it all the easier to heal. These quotes about smiling through pain will offer encouragement and inspiration. No matter what you are going through you are strong enough to overcome it, and you can start with a simple smile. I mean, it can’t hurt… right?
- Inspiring Growth Mindset Quotes – No matter your age or where you are in life we can all benefit to grow from the lessons we learn in life. I love finding great quotes to help me through moments in life and provide a bit of positive inspiration. These growth mindset quotes are the perfect way to get your mind right and learn from all of life’s lessons.
- Addiction Recovery Quotes – Addiction is a terrible thing that has affected all of us in life. Some of you reading this are struggling with addiction or in recovery. If you see a quote here that speaks to you, write it down somewhere you will see it regularly. These addiction recovery quotes are here for you. If they don’t speak to you, find someone who will speak life into you.