Inside: Addiction Recovery Quotes to Encourage Those In Your Life Today.
Addiction is a terrible thing that has affected all of us in life. Some of you reading this are struggling with addiction or in recovery.
The hope of this post is to give inspiration for those dealing with addiction that they might see their value or worth and be inspired to keep fighting. If you see a quote here that speaks to you, write it down somewhere you will see it regularly.
These addiction recovery quotes are here for you. If they don’t speak to you, find someone who will speak life into you. If you are deeply struggling, in a life and death situation, or need someone to talk to please call this hotline now.
Addiction Recovery Quotes to Encourage Them
1. One day you will thank yourself for never giving up
2. “One of the hardest things was learning that I was worth recovery.” – Demi Lovato
3. “You know you’re an alcoholic when you misplace things … like a decade.” – Paul Williams
4. As the son of an alcoholic, the greatest gift my dad ever gave me was his sobriety
5. “It does not matter how slowly you go as long as you do not stop.” – Confucius
6. Your recovery must come first so that everything you love in life doesn’t come last
7. “you can, you should, and if you’re brave enough to start, you will.” –
8. “You do have a story inside you; it lies articulate and waiting to be written–behind your silence and your suffering.” – Anne Rice
9. “We all make mistakes, have struggles, and even regret things in our past. But you are not your mistakes, you are not your struggles, and you are here NOW with the power to shape your day and your future.” –
Addiction Recovery Quotes – Decide not to stay where you are
10. “The first step towards getting somewhere is to is to decide not to stay where you are.”
11. “Whether you think you can, or you think you can’t—you’re right.” –
12. “I got sober. I stopped killing myself with alcohol. I began to think: ‘Wait a minute – if I can stop doing this, what are the possibilities?’ And slowly it dawned on me that it was maybe worth the risk.” ― Craig Ferguson
13. “Recovery is hard. Regret is harder.” – Brittany Burgunder
14. “It is the children the world almost breaks who grow up to save it.” – Frank Warren
15. “You can come out of the furnace of trouble two ways: if you let it consume you, you come out a cinder; but there is a kind of metal which refuses to be consumed, and comes out a star.” – Jean Church
16. “Your pain is the breaking of the shell that encloses your understanding.” –
17. “It is not through fighting the opposition that will win you dignity. It is when you fight the fear in yourself that asks you why you don’t feel you have it, regardless if you win or lose.” –
18. “You don’t have to live with whatever life throws you–or whatever you’ve gotten yourself into…
You can choose to Change Your Story!” –
Be light, walk faster
Here are a few more of our favorite Addiction Recovery Quotes!
19. “Let go of everything that you hold onto, which does not serve you anymore. Be light, walk faster.” –
20. “Your dissatisfaction with yourself speaks of self-absorption, a vanity, which always gets in the way of your truly coming to rejoice in life.” –
21. “It is never easy being the one who takes the first step. But if we want things to mature in our life, we must fight for them relentlessly without compromise or excuse.” –
22. “Addictions of any nature or degree are temporary emotional and/or mental escapes we create to prevent us from dealing with a certain reality.” –
23. “Our core addiction is to struggle. All of the other addictions are an attempt to numb out from the heartache and stress that come hand and hand with struggle.” –
24. “If you can quit for a day, you can quit for a lifetime.” –
25. “Remember that just because you hit bottom doesn’t mean you have to stay there.” – Robert Downey Jr.
Let us know in the comments your favorite Addiction Recovery Quotes.