Inside: Best motivational New Year spiritual quotes to bring in 2023!
I love the end of the year. It’s a time to reflect on the things we have done, the places we’ve been, and the things we have learned. It is also a time to think about what you want to accomplish in the up and coming year, and this is where things get fun.
As humans, we have the potential to do anything we want to do and be anything we want to be as long as we put our minds to it. So when you are coming up with your New Year Resolutions this year, remember that. I have compiled a list of the top motivational New Year spiritual quotes for you to look throw to ignite your inner fire.
As you read these, allow them to sink in. Remember that it takes about three weeks to turn an activity into a habit, so don’t give up. Be strict but understanding with yourself. You got this!
New Year Spiritual Quotes
First up, I wanted to hit you with some of my favorites. These should kick-start your excitement about moving into the New Year. If you have had a hard past 12 months, perhaps this is the time to be grateful for what you do have, and what you are happy to be bringing into this New Chapter.
1. “We look back and thank God. We look forward and trust God. Happy New Year to all!”
2. “With God as our leader, may we be prepared to live another year under his guidance. Happy New Year!”
3. “Don’t go into the new year holding a grudge from last year. Leave the hurts and disappointments behind.” -Joal Olson
4. “New Year Prayer: Thank You, Lord for giving me the brand new year ahead. Help me live the way I should as each day I tread. Give me gentle wisdom that I might help a friend, give me strength and courage, so a shoulder I might lend. The year ahead is empty, help me fill it with good things, each new day filled with joy and happiness it brings, Amen.”
5. “We will open the book. It’s pages are blank. We are going to put words on them ourselves. The book is called opportunity and its first chapter is New Year’s Day.” – Edith Lovejoy Pierce
6. “Happy New Year. May this new year give you lots of happiness, joy, and prosperity. As per last your, this new year fulfill your dreams. Enjoy the New Year celebration and holiday.”
7. “And now we welcome the new year, full of things that have never been.” – Rainer Maria Rilke
8. “An optimist stays up until midnight to see the new year in. A pessimist stays up to make sure the old year leaves.” – Bill Vaughan
9. “There is always an opportunity to start again and again; if the old ways were not working last year, look for better ways of doing it in the new year and start again afresh.” – Bamigboye Olurotimi
10. “May this New Year bring love and light on this beautiful planet through our creator’s love and through us who are one with that.” – April Peerless
11. “Kindness, kindness, kindness, I want to make a new year’s prayer, not a resolution. I’m praying for courage.” – Susan Sontag
Quotes to Bring in the New Year
New Year, New You. Okay, I actually hate this quote because it puts impossible expectations on us as humans. It is impossible to be an entirely new person over the course of a year. I do, however, like the implication behind it. We can be whatever we want! So let’s kick out the old and replace it with New Year, New Possibilities.
12. “Another fresh new year is here to live! To banish worry, doubt, and fear, to love and laugh and give!”
13. “The New Year is finally here! You’ve been given a fresh start. To express the love in your heart.”
14. “Plant seeds every single day that you know who you are, you know what you are about, and you know what goals you’ve set for yourself.’ – Steph Curry
15. “New Beginnings are in order, and you are bound to feel some level of excitement as new chances come your way.” – Auliq Ice
16. “A New Year, a new start, and way to go! Wish you a successful and glorious Happy New Year!”
17. “Breathe. Let go. And remind yourself that this very moment is the only one you know you have for sure.” – Oprah Winfrey
18. “You can get excited about the future. The past won’t mind.” – Hillary Depiano
19. “In our perfect ways. In the ways we are beautiful. In the ways we are human. We are here. Happy New Year’s. Let’s make it ours.” – Beyonce
20. “Packaged inside of every mistake, there lays a great lesson. And while I don’t want to take the mistake into the New Year, I most certainly want to take the lesson that’s packaged inside of it.” – Craig D. Lounsbrough
21. “We spend January 1 walking through our lives, room by room, drawing up a list of work to be done, cracks to be patched. Maybe this year, to balance the list, we ought to walk through the rooms of our lives, not looking for flaws, but for potential.” – Ellen Goodman
Top Inspiring Spiritual Goals Quotes
And lastly, I had to share some real show-stoppers. Honestly, even writing these has filled me with such inspiration and appreciation for my life; it is truly amazing. I think learning to appreciate that you have things to be grateful for, even when you are going through hard times, is the fastest way to get to the other side of them.
22. “You have the pencil and paper in your hand, and you write the story of the upcoming year. May your story be a year filled with positive happenings and successes, with few erase marks and full of exclamation marks.” – Theodore W Higginsworth
23. “It’s a terrible thing, I think, in life to wait until you’re ready. I have this feeling now that, actually, no one is ever ready to do anything. There is almost no such thing as ready. There is only now.” – Hugh Laurie
24. “Life is short, break the rules, forgive quickly, kiss slowly, love truly, laugh uncontrollably, and never regret anything that made you smile. Twenty years from now, you will be more disappointed by the things you didn’t do than by the ones you did. So throw off the bowlines. Sail away from the safe harbor. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream. Discover.” – H Jackson Brown Jr
25. “Tomorrow is the first blank page of a 365-page book. Write a good one.”
26. “Be always at war with your vices, at peace with your neighbors, and let each new year find you a better man.” – Benjamin Franklin
27. “When you start to think that things should have been better this year, remember the mountains and valleys that got you here. They are not accidents and those moments weren’t in vain. You are not the same, you have grown, and you are growing. You are breathing; you are living, and You are wrapped in endless, boundless grace. And things will get better. There is more to you than yesterday.” – Morgan Harper Nichols
28. “New year is the glittering light to brighten the dream-lined pathway of future.” – Munia Khan
29. “Your present circumstances don’t determine where you can go. They merely determine where you start.” – Nido Qubein
30. “Whatever it is you’re scared of doing, do it. Make your mistakes, next year and forever.” – Neil Gaiman
31. “Ah, New Year’s Eve. The evening of little miracles. Take away the dazzling fireworks, the celebrations, the drinking, and the countdowns and what you are left with is hope. Small human hope. The hope of better days, of fresh starts, and perhaps, if you are very lucky, a kiss.” – Beau Taplin
32. “New Year’s Resolution: To tolerate fools more gladly, provided this does not encourage them to take up more of my time.” – James Agate
33. “There comes a day when you realize turning the page is the best feeling in the world because you realize there is so much more to the book than the page you were stuck on.” – Zayn Malik
And there you have it, the top motivational New Year Spiritual Quotes. I hope these inspired you the same way they did me as I was writing them. Not only are these insanely helpful, but I think you will find that if you write them down and recite them to yourself every day, your life will change for the better.
New Year is not the only time that you can make life changes, of course. Whenever the time feels right for you, you can decide to change things up. If you would like some more inspirational quotes that don’t revolve around New Year, check these out.