Inside: Most Hilarious graduation quotes for friends.
Graduating is such a huge deal. Whether it’s you(if so, congrats), a friend, or a loved one…this is an occasion that deserves to be celebrated. Chances are you’ll be getting the graduate of honor a card, and you may be wondering what to write in it.
It’s got to be good, witty, and true to you…I have so many great ideas that will do the trick. So I have compiled some of my favorite graduation quotes for friends for you to look through. See which ones you relate with the most and use those! The important thing is that you convey how you feel.
Perhaps sprinkle in a little life wisdom if you can since they are finishing the final stepping stone that leads them into the ‘real world’ , So any advice you have is bound to be greatly appreciated.
Graduation Quotes for Friends
First up, I thought I would give you a good taste of what you have in store. These are hilarious so I think you will enjoy reading them as much as your friends will when they get your card!
1. “Congratulations on getting through the easiest part of life.”
2. “Life has no remote. Get up and change it yourself.”
3. “You’re going to fall down, but the world doesn’t care how many times you fall down, as long as it’s one fewer than the number of times you get back up.” – Aaron Sorkin
4. “You are graduating from college. That means that this is the first day of the last day of your life. No, that’s wrong. This is the last day of the first day of school. Nope, that’s worse. This is a day.” – Andy Samberg
5. “Follow your passion, stay true to yourself, never follow someone else’s path unless you’re in the woods and you’re lost and you see a path then, by all means, you should follow that.” – Ellen
6. “Graduation day is tough for adults. They go to the ceremony as parents. They come home as contemporaries. After twenty-two years of child-raising, they are unemployed.” – Erma Bombeck
7. “I learned many great lessons from my father, not the least of which was that you can fail at what you don’t want, so you might as well take a chance on doing what you love.” – Jim Carrey
8. “As you set off into the world, don’t be afraid to question your leaders. But don’t ask too many questions at one time or that are too hard because your leaders get tired and/or cranky.” – Will Ferrell
9. “Congrats and don’t let no coronavirus … take a special moment from you…Make sure you research careers that is around the money that you want to make in the future. And make sure you research a career that is like OK, ‘When I finish and I go get a job, is this job gonna help me pay my college debt? Is it gonna help me live the lifestyle that I want?’” – Cardi B
10. “Of course, there’s a lot of knowledge in universities: The freshmen bring a little in; the seniors don’t take much away, so knowledge sort of accumulates.” – Lawrence Lowell
11. “I’m sick of following my dreams. I’m just going to ask them where they’re goin’, and hook up with them later.”
Best Quotes for People Who Graduated
Here we have some of the best quotes to share with people who have graduated. These are also hilarious, seeing as I wouldn’t put something in this article that ISN’T; you shouldn’t be surprised.
12. “You know that point at your graduation ceremony where everyone tosses up their caps? Isn’t it great that we all celebrate how smart we are by throwing sharp pointy objects in the air?”
13. “Your families are extremely proud of you. You can’t imagine the sense of relief they are experiencing. This would be a most opportune time to ask for money.” – Gary Bolding
14. “My dear terrified graduates, you are about to enter the most uncertain and thrilling period of your lives. The stories you are about to live are the ones you will be telling your children, grandchildren, and therapists.” – Lin Manuel Miranda
15. “Don’t ever rob a bank. Enjoy life. Have fun. Choose to be happy now; don’t wait until you’re ‘successful,’ because honestly, I was as happy when we were unemployed and scrounging around for a buck.” – Peter Farrelly
16. “A graduation ceremony is an event where the commencement speaker tells thousands of students dressed in identical caps and gowns that “individuality” is the key to success.” – Robert Orben
17. “I heard the next chapter gets really good. Too bad I’m done reading for a while!”
18. “Congratulations to me for sitting through this long graduation ceremony. Just kidding, so proud of you!”
19. “Even though I’m upset about losing my bet, congratulations on graduating! Just kidding, I always knew you could do it! I’m proud of you!”
20. “You know that point at your graduation ceremony where everyone tosses up their caps? Isn’t it great that you all celebrate how smart you are by throwing sharp, pointy objects in the air?”
21. “I’m so proud of both of you! I wasn’t sure you guys could do it 😉 Just kidding! I am so excited to see what amazing things you guys end up doing! I believe in you both, and I know you’ll achieve whatever you set your mind to! I love you both so much! Happy graduation!!”
Hilarious Graduation Quotes for Friends
And lastly, I have a real show-stopper for you with these quotes. These are super hilarious, and I think you will enjoy them immensely. Take a look, and remember that your card is going to look awesome with one of these quotes inside!
22. “Congratulations on your graduation!!! Now, get a job so you can support your father! LOL… just kidding! Grad $$$ will be sent to your bank account.”
23. “Congrats on graduating high school! I can’t believe it. I will always remember you as the 8-year old that never failed to make me laugh until my stomach hurt. I’m excited to see the difference you make in this world! I miss you so much and can’t wait to celebrate soon.”
24. “Don’t take life too seriously. No one makes it out alive.” – Elbert Hubbard
25. “If they can make penicillin out of moldy bread, they can sure make something out of you.” Muhammad Ali.”
26. “You did it! I’m totally not surprised, shocked, or flabbergasted.”
27. “So you are graduating; how fun. Today you party; tomorrow you get hit in the face by the real world!”
28. “You are no longer in high school. Does this mean that you can give me rides around town now?
29. “I think that graduating is a huge occasion, so I bought you flowers. Can you reimburse me for them with your fancy new degree money.”
30. “CONGRATULATIONS! Welcome to the world of 6$ gallons of gas and taxes.”
31. “You graduated! I would say congrats but the real world is less than fun, so go back to school while you can.”
32. “You and I both know you would not be graduating without google.”
33. “So, 20,000 dollars and you still couldn’t buy me that coffee this semester?”
34. “Ahhhhh, I am blinded by the brightness of your future!”
So…did you find the quote for your card? I hope so! There were so many great options to choose from. Graduating is a big deal and one that is supposed to be celebrated. These quotes perfectly balance celebrating your friend while also making them laugh.
It really doesn’t get much better than that; I don’t think. If you want to go in a different direction with your card, then perhaps you should take a look at some of our other graduate quote ideas, we have plenty for you to work with, so if you didn’t find the one here, I know you will with these ones.