Inside: Orchid Quotes to Make You Fall in Love with the Unique Flower
Orchids come in a rainbow of hues and color combinations. They are a proud, upright flower that takes a little extra care to bloom beautifully.
People have loved orchids for centuries, even back to Greek mythology. In the 4th century BCE, a Greek botanist named Theophrastos stumbled upon an orchid and named the flower órkhis—a Greek word meaning “testes”. Since then, the orchid became a symbol of virility for the Greeks.
Orchids have deep roots in ancient Chinese culture also. In fact, orchids are endearing symbols of scholarly pursuit, nobility, integrity, and friendship in Chinese cultures.
If you are a fan of the beautiful and exotic orchid, this collection of Graceful Orchid Quotes to Make You Bloom will be sure to inspire you.
Beautiful Orchid Captions for Instagram
1.”The orchid is Mother Nature’s masterpiece.” ― Robyn
2. “An orchid in a deep forest sends out its fragrance even if no one is around to appreciate it.” ― Confucius
3. “When speech comes from a quiet heart, it has the strength of the orchid, and the fragrance of rock.” ― Stephen Mitchell
4. “Love is an orchid which thrives principally on hot air.” ― Myrtle Reed
5. “A human being isn’t an orchid, he must draw something from the soil he grows in.” ― Sara Jeannette Duncan
6. “I also like to garden. I grow things, vegetables, flowers… I particularly like orchids. I raise orchids.” ― Beau Bridges
7. “You’re a quiet, beautiful woman in a loud, ugly place. An orchid among weeds.” ― Lynn Viehl
8. “Orchid hunting is a mortal occupation.” ― Susan Orlean
9. It’s orchid season all year long.
Orchid by Georgia O’Keeffe
10. Orchids remind us how important it is to bloom.
11. Live life in full bloom.
12. “Where the flowers bloom, so does hope.” -Lady Bird Johnson
13. Bloom with kindness.
14. Water your roots so that your soul can blossom.
15. Happiness blooms from within.
Inspirational Orchid Quotes
16. “Orchids were not made by an ideal engineer; they are jury-rigged from a limited set of available components.” ― Stephen Jay Gould
17. “For other people, love is like some rare orchid that can only grow in one place under a certain set of conditions. For me it’s like bindweed. It grows with no encouragement at all, under any conditions, and just strangles everything else.” ― Scarlett Thomas
18. “One wants to move through life with elegance and grace, blossoming infrequently but with exquisite taste, and perfect timing, like a rare bloom, a zebra orchid… One wants… But one so seldom gets what one wants, does one?” ― Tony Kushner
19. “Scatter as a prayer
escaping my lips…
blooming in clouds.”
― Sanober Khan
20. “If I see an orchid that’s fantastically expensive, I’ll buy it. It’s worth it, for no other reason than it gives me pleasure.” ― Lee Radziwill
21. “When speech comes from a quiet heart, it has the strength of the orchid, and the fragrance of rock.” ― Stephen Mitchell
22. “When two friends understand each other totally, the words are soft and strong like an orchid’s perfume.” ― Sara Jeannette Duncan
23. “I have become an orchid washed in on the salt white beach. Memory, what can I make of it now that might please you- this life, already wasted and still strewn with miracles?” -Mary Ruefle
24. “For other people, love is like some rare orchid that can only grow in one place under a certain set of conditions. For me it’s like bindweed. It grows with no encouragement at all, under any conditions, and just strangles everything else.” ― Scarlett Thomas
25. “Lord Illingworth told me this morning that there was an orchid there as beautiful as the seven deadly sins.” ― Oscar Wilde
26. “As the seed buried in the earth cannot imagine itself as an orchid or hyacinth, neither can a heart packed with hurt imagine itself loved or at peace. The courage of the seed is that once cracking, it cracks all the way.” ― Mark Nepo
27. “She brought over a freshly brewed cup of black orchid tea and sat across from me. The tea was especially fragrant. From that day on, it was my favorite. The scent reminded me of rainy days and libraries and a jumble of gardens where there were flowers in bloom.” ― Alice Hoffman
28. “I would need … daisy love, you know, pretty love, sweet love that nonetheless was ubiquitous in roadside ditches in the summertime, and instead I would get orchid love. Love that needed misting and replanting and pruning and fertilizing and died anyway.” ― Mary Ann Rivers
Orchid Quotes That Remind You to Bloom
29. “In the winter, I enjoy cross-country skiing and raising orchids and amaryllises. If I could grow tropical flowers as perennials, I would, especially hibiscus and mandavilla.” ― Diane Ackerman
30. “I am a wild orchid of comedy, so I can only do well under specific conditions … There are people who I think can do any room, and do stadiums and thousand-seat theaters, and then there are people like me who just perform for my parents.” ― Maria Bamford
31. “What is the pattern that connects the crab to the lobster and the primrose to the orchid, and all of them to me, and me to you?” -Gregory Bateson
32. “Don’t compare her to sunshine and roses when she’s clearly orchids and moonlight.” ― Melody Lee, Moon Gypsy
33. “And the eye became a body, the murky heart of a rose. The sinister shadow of an orchid. Or the indolent poppy balanced behind the ear of Baudelaire.” ― Patti Smith
34. “I try to always have flowers in the house. I have a florist in Chinatown, and they deliver orchids every two weeks. I like living with living things.” -Phillip Lim
35. “Every orchid or rose or lizard or snake is the work of a dedicated and skilled breeder. There are thousands of people, amateurs and professionals, who devote their lives to this business. Now imagine what will happen when the tools of genetic engineering become accessible to these people.” ― Freeman Dyson
36. “We stood surrounded by orchids that would make Georgia O’Keeffe teary-eyed and most lesbians distracted.”
― Eva Indigo
37. “Raising orchids has taught me this: A plant’s inability to adapt to a new climate will always be immediately apparent. You’ll try a new soil and snip off dead parts from the leaves, maybe try fertilizer. But one day you’re going to walk in and find your beautiful orchid slumped over and hugging the earth whence it came.” ― Karen White
38. “To rise above treeline is to go above thought, and after, the descent back into bird song, bog orchids, willows, and firs is to sink into the preliterate parts of ourselves.” -Gretel Ehrlich
39. “No matter how decadent and corrupt my body becomes, I will, like a desert orchid that blooms once every hundred years, come to you bearing this frigidness toward life.” ― Bae Suah
40. “Because you have been created by God as a unique person, his plan to grow you will not look the same as his plan to grow anyone else. What would grow an orchid would drown a cactus.” ― John Ortberg
41. “He bought me so many orchids that I looked like a well-kept grave.” -Texas Guinan
Orchid Blushing Pink Phrases
42. “Inspired teachers … cannot be ordered by the gross from the factory. They must be discovered one by one, and brought home from the woods and swamps like orchids. They must be placed in a conservatory, not in a carpenter shop; and they must be honored and trusted.” ― John Jay Chapman
43. “Flower petals in the breeze look like a butterfly flapping its wings. My love for you takes flight like a white orchid blushing pink.’ ― Jarod Kintz
44. “Many collectors died in process of searching for new species, and despite persistent reports that the men died from drowning, gunshot and knife wounds, snakebite, trampling by cattle, or blows in the head with blunt instruments, it is generally accepted that in each case the primary cause of death was orchid fever.” ― Eric Hansen
45. “She left, never to return. I planted a tree and a seed each time I thought of her. I grew a small forest and a large garden and had no one to give the orchids to.” ― Darnell Lamont Walker
46. “And Alison’s leaning gently on my arm, her wild bouquet of orchid-red curls tickling into my neck.” ― Ben H. Winters
47. “I had come to love the space, and I could see why Lady Anna had too. The orchids were positively glorious. She’d tagged each flower with its proper botanical name, but I favored the pet names she’d given each bloom. For instance, a stunning pink ‘Cattleya’ was named “Lady Catalina.” And a yellow ‘Oncidium,’ which to me looked like a flock of ladies in fluffy party dresses, was called “Lady Aralia of the Bayou.” ― Sarah Jio
48. “She thought of the orchids spreading across the plains below, choking the life out of other plants, out of the soil itself, selfish and unstoppable. Tally Youngblood was a weed. And, unlike the orchids, she wasn’t even a pretty one.” -Scott Westerfeld
Charming Long Quotes
49. “It is so amazing to see a flower
As complex as these Orchids are
They brighten up a green house
And are the classiest flower by far” -Marilyn Lott
50. “On a bright morning I was greeted warm
By a host of flowers of the self same hue
Smiling disarmingly from an orchid wild
With their white petals washed in dew” -Valsa George
Orchids in the garden;
Found in the garden,
Growing up nicely,
With the muse of nature,
Original with the muse of life.” -Edward Kofi Louis
52. “eyes get delighted
watching into amazing
garden of orchids
glimpse of many animals
in fragrant zoo of flowers” -S.D. Tiwari
53. “White Orchid
smiles in the morning sun
as its creepers reach out
for the last drop
of fresh morning dew
A beauty of nature
sings upon the sunrise
birds join in chorus
‘Come, Look at me’” -Inkdrop
54. “Behold I stand handsome beauty
A black orchid among twisted roots
Behold you stand for me to see
A handsome beauty inside of you” – Derick Van Dusen
Sweet Orchid Sayings
55. If you grow other ornamental plants either in the garden or indoors, you can grow orchids
56. The delicate, exotic and graceful orchid represents love, luxury, beauty and strength.
57. With their symmetrical blossoms and unmatched beauty, orchids evoke fascination and adoration by people of all walks of life.
58. Orchid blooms have bilateral symmetry, which is similar to human faces. In fact, some experts theorize that this is one of the reasons we like them so much: They remind of us ourselves.
59. As a symbol of beauty, the orchid inspires us to pause and reflect on the exquisite artistry of nature.
60. The orchid takes the prize when it comes to exotic elegance.
61. As symbols of elegance, the orchid inspires us to appreciate the finer things in life – and to put in that extra effort to make things sparkle.
62. Some believe that meditating on the orchid can help you to manifest more wealth and luxury in your life.
63. Unlike the rose, with its classic beauty, the orchid is exotically unique. They inspire us to appreciate the power of individuality and the beauty in diversity.