Inside: 67 Irish Shamrock Quotes & Sayings for Good Luck.
St. Patrick’s Day is a cause for celebration.
March 17 is marked by an abundance of green attire, classic corned beef and cabbage, and Irish pubs.
But you don’t need to be Irish to join in on all the fun festivities. These funny St. Patrick’s Day Shamrock quotes are that best way to celebrate this spirited Irish holiday.
While we can’t guarantee you’ll find a leprechaun with a pot of gold at the end of these quotes, wish upon a four-leaf clover and luck might just be on your side. Raise a glass of green beer and celebrate St. Paddy’s Day by sharing these joyful Irish shamrock quotes with others.
Shamrock Quotes and Sayings
2. “St. Patrick’s Day is a day to celebrate our green heritage. The ancestry of Ireland. It is a day to celebrate what it means to be Irish and of Irish descent.” –Anthony T. Hicks
3. “May your blessings outnumber the shamrocks that grow. And may trouble avoid you wherever you go.” –Irish Blessing
4. “There is no language like the Irish for soothing and quieting.” –John Millington Synge
5. “Be still and know that I am. Be still and know. Be still. Be.” –St. Patrick
6. “Whether I drink often or just once in a whole; I’m always sure to raise a glass to the dear old Emerald Isle.” –Pat Maloney
7. “Luck is great, but most of life is hard work.” –Iain Duncan Smith
8. “The amount of good luck coming your way depends on your willingness to act.” –Barbara Sher
9. “I’m of Ireland, and I’ll stay in Ireland until I die.” –Tom Cruise
10. “May your trouble be less. And your blessings be more. And nothing but happiness come through your door.” –Irish Blessing
Irish Shamrock Quotes
11. “Ireland is a land of poets and legends, of dreamers and rebels.” –Nora Roberts
12. “St. Patrick’s Day is an enchanted time—a day to begin transforming winter’s dreams into summer’s magic.” –Adrienne Cook
13. “I’m Irish! When I feel well I feel better than anyone, when I am in pain I yell at the top of my lungs, and when I am dead I shall be deader than anybody.” –Morgan Llywelyn
14. “Love is never defeated, and I could add, the history of Ireland proves it.” –Pope John Paul II
15. “We may have bad weather in Ireland, but the sun shines in the hearts of the people and that keeps us all warm.” –Marianne Williamson
16. “That’s right, there’s free beer in Irish paradise. Everyone’s jealous.” –Kevin Hearne
17. “The only sure thing about luck is that it will change.” –Wilson Mizner
18. “The best luck of all is the luck you make for yourself.” –Douglas MacArthur
19. “That’s what the holidays are for—for one person to tell the stories and another to dispute them. Isn’t that the Irish way?” –Lara Flynn Boyle
20. “The heart of an Irishman is nothing but his imagination.” –George Bernard Shaw
Happy St. Patrick’s Day Shamrock Quotes
21. “Luck is a matter of preparation meeting opportunity.” Lucius Annaeus Seneca
22. I’m feeling lucky like a four-leaf clover.
23. You’re like a four-leaf clover. Rare to find but lucky to have…
24. For every four-leaf clover, expect to find 10,000 three-leaf plants!
25. Never iron a four-leaf clover because you don’t want to press your luck.
26. The leprechauns made me do it!
27. “Every St. Patrick’s Day every Irishman goes out to find another Irishman to make a speech to.” –Shane Leslie
28. “May God bless and keep in good health your enemies’ enemies.” –Irish Saying
29. “Here’s to you and here’s to me, I pray that friends we’ll always be, but if by chance we disagree, the heck with you and here’s to me.” –Irish Toast
30. “There are only two kinds of people in the world: the Irish and those who wish they were.” –Irish Saying
Four Leaf Clover Luck Quotes
31. “The one thing us Irish have is the ability to laugh at ourselves. God bless us all.” –Ann Kennedy
32. “Yeah, it’s St. Paddy’s Day. Everyone’s Irish tonight.” –Norman Reedus, The Boondock Saints
33. “For the whole world is Irish on the seventeenth o’ March!” –Thomas Augustine Daly
34. “May the road rise up to meet you. May the wind be always at your back.” –Irish Blessing
35. “For each petal on the shamrock, this brings a wish your way: Good health, good luck, and happiness for today and every day.” –Irish Blessing
36. “If you’re Irish, it doesn’t matter where you go—you’ll find family.” –Victoria Smurfit
37. “May your pockets be heavy and your heart be light, may good luck pursue you each morning and night.” –Irish Blessing
38. “A good friend is like a four-leaf clover, hard to find and lucky to have.” –Irish Proverb
39. “Lucky is believing you’re lucky.” –Tennessee Williams
40. “If you’re enough lucky to be Irish, you’re lucky enough!” –Irish Saying
Irish Sayings About Luck
44. The heart of an Irishman is nothing but his imagination.
45. May you have all the happiness and luck that life can hold—and at the end of your rainbows ay you find a pot of gold.
46. You gotta try your luck at least once a day, because you could be going around lucky all day and not even know it.
47. Wishing you a pot o’ gold and all the joy your heart can hold.
48. Luck was a mechanism to be devised, and luck and destiny were merely two sides of the same coin.
49. I have noticed that timing and luck sometimes line up in such a way that you can catch a break.
50. Don’t throw away luck on little stuff. Save it up.
51. Be still and know that I am. Be still and know. Be still. Be.
52. May the best day of your past be the worst day of your future.
53. We may have bad weather in Ireland, but the sun shines in the hearts of the people and that keeps us all warm.
54. May the road rise up to meet you. May the wind be always at your back.
56. Kiss me, I’m Irish!
57. I’m not Irish, but kiss me anyway.
58. Lucky me, I have you.
59. Irish you were here.
60. A best friend is like a four-leaf clover: Hard to find and lucky to have.
61. Found my lucky charm, and they’re better than a pot of gold.
62. Irish whiskey makes me frisky.
63. I think you’re neat. (Photo idea: Drinking Irish whiskey neat.)
64. Lucky AF.
65. More than lucky.
66. I’m clover the rainbow for you.
67. Lucky in love.
More Lucky St. Patrick’s DayQuotes You’ll Love
If you like these lucky shamrock quotes, then check out a few more of our favorite st. Patricks day inspired sayings.
- Funny St. Patricks Day Quotes – Pick out your cutest green get up and let’s PARTY! These St. Patricks Day quotes are the PERFECT inspo for all your St. Patty’s day plans. We have the best St. Patricks Day quotes for parties, lovers, friends, and even those few that are a little less spirited. So get inspired and HAVE FUN!
- Irish Quotes to Get You Laughing – Leave it to the Irish to come up with some really witty, sarcastic, wise, point-blank, and downright funny things to say about life, love, and all the general happenings around us. The people of Ireland have survived some dark times throughout our history. Through famine, oppression, and civil war, we have managed to reach the other side. But no matter what hardships we have faced, we have never truly lost our sense of humor. This collection of funny Irish quotes here is sure to have you smiling.