Inside: Cutest trick or treat quotes for the spookiest day of the year.
With Halloween fast approaching, there are so many little things left on our to-do lists! Carve the pumpkins, watch Halloween movies, and make spooky treats. Every single one of these activities has the same goal at the center of it: To get into the holiday spirit.
What if I told you I had a simple way to put a little more spooky pep in your spooky step? Trick or Treat Quotes!
These quotes are the cutest examples of Halloween spirit that I have ever seen. You can use them in cards, to make signs, to use as your phone background…anything!
So whether you are here for crafting reasons or just simply because you need some extra holiday cheer, I am so glad that you are here! Oh gosh…that rhymed. Okay, let’s get into the quotes before I do that again.
Trick or Treat Quotes
Here we have some simple trick-or-treat quotes to start you off. I like to make my lists like a fine meal: a light starter, a delish center, and a strong finish at the end. Check these out to see what I mean. The fun has just begun!
1. “Trick or treat, bags of sweets, ghosts are walking down the streets.”
2. “When the witches go riding, and black cats are seen, the moon laughs and whispers ’tis near Halloween.”
3. “A mask tells us more than a face” – Oscar Wilde
4. “I’ll stop wearing black when they make a darker color.” – Wednesday Addams
5. “There is magic in the night when the pumpkins glow by moonlight.”
6. “It’s just a bunch of Hocus Pocus” – Max from Hocus Pocus
7. “I’m wicked, through and through.”
8. “Villainy wears many masks, none so dangerous as the mask of virtue.”
9. “Fear in innocence as though it were a slightly sour sweet. Let terror, then, be turned into a treat.” -Nicholas Gordon
10. “I must go in; the fog is rising.” – Emily Dickinson
11. “Nothing on earth so beautiful as the final haul on Halloween night.” – Steve Almond
12. “Halloween is the only time people can become what they want to be without getting fired.”
13. “It is as much fun to scare as to be scared.” – Vincent Price
14. “I don’t know that there are real ghosts and goblins, but there are always more trick-or-treaters than neighborhood kids.” – Robert Brault
15. “Well, there is no imagination; there is horror.”
Cool Phrases about Trick or Treating
This next list is full of some of the coolest trick-or-treating quotes that I have found. I actually used number 18 and put it on my quote board because it was just so true. If you love Halloween, then you are going to love these.
16. “If human beings had genuine courage, they’d wear their costumes every day of the year., not just on Halloween.” – Doug Coupland
17. “We will play a Trick with you to make you our dinner treat.”
18. “The only thing we have to fear is fear itself…and spiders.”
19. “There is a child in every one of us who is still a trick-or-treater looking for a brightly-lit front porch.” – Robert Brault
20. “Halloween wraps fear in innocence as though it were a slightly sour sweet. Let terror, then, be turned into a treat…” – Nicholas Gordon
21. “Halloween shadows played upon the walls of the houses. In the sky, the Halloween moon raced in and out of the clouds…It was a lovely and exciting night, exactly the kind of night Halloween should be.” – Eleanor Estes
22. “I am all in a sea of wonders, I doubt: I fear; I think strange things which I dare not confess to my soul.” – Bram Stoker
23. “Shadows of a thousand years rise again unseen. Voices whisper in the trees, “Tonight is Halloween.” – Dexter Kozen
24. “Halloween is woke, and there’s nothing we can do about it.”
25. “Some people are born for Halloween, and some are just counting the days until Christmas.” – Stephen Graham Jones
26. “But I love Halloween, and I love that feeling: the cold air, the spooky dangers, lurking around the corner.” – Evan Peters
27. “When black cats prowl, and pumpkins gleam, May luck be yours on Halloween.”
28. “Halloween was confusing. All my life, my parents said, ‘never take candy from strangers.’ And then they dressed me up and said, ‘go beg for it.'” – Rita Rudner
29. “Halloween Shadows played upon the walls of the houses. In the sky, the Halloween moon raced in and out of the clouds…It was a lovely and exciting night, exactly the kind of night Halloween should be.” – Eleanor Estes
30. “Hell is empty and all the devils are here.”
31. “The dead rise again, bats fly, terror strikes, and screams echo, for tonight is Halloween.”
Best Trick or Treat Quotes
For our main course, I have prepared some of the best trick-or-treat quotes that you will ever see. Some of these of goofy, some of them serious, but they all are centered around the amazing holiday that is Halloween. Check them out.
32. “Give me something good to eat. Crackers fruit will not do. Give me candy, I want Two! Candy, candy, give me four. Candy, candy I want more!”
33. “I would rather sit on a pumpkin and have it all to myself than be crowded on a velvet cushion.” – Henry David Thoreau
34. “Hell in empty and all the Devils are here.” – William Shakespeare
35. “True love is like ghosts, which everyone talks about but few have seen.”
36. “There is magic in the night when the pumpkins glow and the wolf howls, and the children gather candy.”
37. “Sticky fingers, tired feet: One last house, Trick or Treat!” – Rusty Fisher
38. “Halloweens the time for Ghosts.”
39. “Boo! I am here to deplete your treats!”
40. “In masks and gowns, we haunt the street and knock on doors for trick or treat.” – Jack Prelutsky
41. “Trick or treat, bag of sweets, ghosts are walking down the street. Happy Halloween!”
42. “Ghosts and Goblins come to play on October’s final day!”
43. “Just because I cannot see it, does not mean I can’t believe it!” – Jack Skellington
44. “Werewolves Howl, Phantoms Prowl, Halloween is upon us now.”
45. “A pumpkin a day keep the Goblins away.”
46. “Trick or Treat, be so sweet. Give me something good to eat.”
47. “The universe is full of magical things patiently waiting for our wits to grow sharper.” – Eden Phillpots
Phrases to Replace Trick or Treat
Are you tired of hearing the same old phrase repeated time and time again? Then start switching it up! I know what you are thinking…wait, can we do that? The answer is yes! There are so many awesome ways that you can replace the classic saying, Trick or Treat, with something new and exciting. Check it out.
48. “Happy Halloween!”
49. “You have too much candy, let me help you with that.”
50. “Hear that? That is the sound of my stomach growling.”
51. “Tragic or magic?”
52. “Snacks or Shenanigans?”
53. “Gag or Goodies?”
54. Don’t want a trick? Then give some candy pronto, be quick!
55. Trick or treat, I’ll never admit defeat. You may as well give me all of your sweets.
56. Trick or treat, please don’t give me any beets. That’s not the kind of sweet I like to eat.
57. Don’t want a hoax? Use candy to coax!
58. Trick or treat without any fright, and your Halloween night is sure to be filled with delight.
59. Am I a good witch or bad? It depends on what kind of candy you have!
60. “I’ll scram is you fill my bag.”
61. “Sugar or spice? Please be nice!”
So…are you fully emersed in the Halloween spirit yet? Because if you weren’t before…you definitely should be now! I just love the power of words. They can change your day, your life, you name it, and you have to use words to describe it.
I hope these trick-or-treat quotes got you excited for this Halloween season. There are so many awesome things to look forward to, and trick or treating is one of them. Whether you are watching your littles collect the sweets or passing it out yourself, Halloween night is something to look forward to.
If you loved reading these quotes, you have to check out some of the other articles we have. There are so many options, from funny to adorable, so I know there is something you will love!