Inside: Apology for Lying Quotes.
Sometimes we mess up in life. One of the hardest things to do is to own up to that mistake and sincerely apologize for the hurt we have caused. However, to make amends, you must apologize from the heart and change your behavior.
True forgiveness takes time, but it is worth the effort to show remorse. That is not something you want to let linger on for too long. It will always hurt both the person who lied and the person who was lied to. In the end, it’s better to apologize so you both can move forward.
If you are finding yourself at a loss for words, these deep quotes and meaningful apologies can help you know what to say to ask for forgiveness from your loved one.
Apology For Lying Quotes
1.I want nothing more than for you to forgive me so that I can whisper in your ear how much I love you.
2. I deeply regret everything bad that I’ve done to you. Every lie I’ve told you.
3. You don’t have to forget everything straight away, but I’m asking you to forgive me for the lies. I don’t know what got into me and I am ashamed of what I said.
4. I am deeply sorry for lying to the best people in my life. I’m not sure I’ll ever forgive myself, but I’m begging for your forgiveness.
5. I am stunned by how badly I screwed up. I’m so sorry for lying and losing your trust.
6. There is no excuse for the lies. I am so sorry.
7. I promise this time, no more lies. I now see the consequences of my bad actions. I am so deeply ashamed.
8. I am sorry that I sometimes cannot be relied on and that I say things without thinking. I am sorry if I fail you sometimes. Thanks for your understanding.
9. I can’t even say it was a white lie. It was just a stupid mistake and I am so sorry.
10. I think the lies stemmed from the fact that I always felt that something was missing for me, that I was missing someone who would truly understand me because I could not understand myself.
11. The lies kept building and building, and finally it all collapsed around me. I can’t believe how badly I screwed life up.
Apology for Telling a Lie Captions for Instagram
12. The first to apologize is the bravest. The first to forgive is the strongest. The first to forget is the happiest. To my love, I’m so sorry for lying.
13. They say it takes courage to apologize to the one you love. Well now I’m being brave. I’m so sorry for the hurt I caused you and I wish I could take it all back.
14. I’m so sorry for the shame I have brought everyone. I am taking this time to grow and work on myself.
15. I know an apology isn’t good enough for all the wrongs I’ve done. I need time to prove I’ve changed but please try to forgive me. I am so sorry for lying to you.
16. Because I hurt you, I hurt me too. I’m so sorry for everything I did.
17. I’m sorry I’m so difficult and cranky all the time. Thank you for being patient with me. You amaze me every day.
18. I’m sorry if anything I ever did hurt you in any way. I’m sorry for lying to you. I am growing and changing as a person though.
19. I’m sorry for all the words I can’t take back. I would erase them all if I could.
Action > Words Quotes
20. Any good apology has 3 parts: First, I’m sorry. Second, It’s my fault. Third, What can I do to make it right? Most people forget the third part. – Anonymous
21. Sacrifice is at the heart of repentance. Without deeds, your apology is worthless. – Bryan Davis
22. A meaningful apology is one that communicates three R’s: regret, responsibility, and remedy. – Beverly Engel
23. Apologies are great, but they don’t really change anything. You know what does? Action. – Stella Young
24. “I’m sorry you’re angry” is not an apology. – Lisa Lutz
25. The hero isn’t the right one, but the one who steps forward to take the blame, deserved or not, and apologize to save a relationship. – Richelle E. Goodrich
26. Nothing is wrong with apologizing, but saying I’m sorry does nothing when you continue to make the same mistakes. – Anonymous
27. Sacrifice is at the heart of repentance. Without deeds, your apology is worthless. – Bryan Davis
28. “If an apology is followed by an excuse or a reason, it means they are going to commit same mistake again they just apologized for.” -Amit Kalantri
The Hurt Lies Leave Behind
29. “I’m not upset that you lied to me, I’m upset that from now on I can’t believe you.” -Friedrich Nietzsche
30. “Lies and secrets, Tessa, they are like a cancer in the soul. They eat away what is good and leave only destruction behind.” -Cassandra Clare
31. “Things come apart so easily when they have been held together with lies.” -Dorothy Allison
32. “Oh, what a tangled web we weave…when first we practice to deceive.” -Walter Scott
33. “A lie gets halfway around the world before the truth has a chance to get its pants on.” -Winston Churchill
Powerful Apology Messages
34. “Empathy, the ability to identify with someone else’s suffering, is certainly a prerequisite for a genuine apology.” -Danielle Ofri
35. “Apologies require taking full responsibility. No half-truths, no partial admissions, no rationalizations, no finger-pointing, and no justifications belong in any apology.” – Cathy Burnham Martin
36. “Never ruin an apology with an excuse.” -Benjamin Franklin
37. “The art of a sincere and heartfelt apology is one of the greatest skills you will ever learn.” – Jeanette LeBlanc
38. “An apology offered and, equally important, received is a step towards reconciliation and, sometimes, recompense. Without that process, hurts can rankle and fester and erupt into their own hatreds and wrongdoings.” – Margaret MacMillan
Quotes to Say Sorry
39. I am extremely sorry for my behavior. I wish I were more careful with my words. I love you, my friend. Please accept my apology for my lies.
40. I have made many mistakes in life, but none of them came back to haunt me so much as the lies I have told. I am deeply sorry for the pain I have caused you. Please forgive me.
41. I will never lie to you again. I will never cause you any more pain. From now on I will be extremely cautious because our friendship is too precious. Please forgive me.
42. I miss you every moment of every day. It was very immature of me to hurt you like that and tell you lies. I am extremely sorry for hurting you with my words. I love you so much.
43. If I knew my actions would hurt my best friend, I would have thought a thousand times before doing that. You matter to me more than you think. I am sorry!
44. I’m only human, but I want to be a better one. I’m sorry for my lies, friend.
Sayings for Showing Remorse For Lying
45. I know I have not acted the way a friend should do, and for that I am sorry. I promise to make it up to you when I have the chance.
46. Thoughtless. Careless. Insensitive. I’m sure you could add more words to describe me to that list, friend. I’m sorry for not considering your feelings and for the stupid lies I told you.
47. “Never forget the nine most important words of any family- I love you. You are beautiful. Please forgive me.” -H. Jackson Brown Jr.
48. “True remorse is never just a regret over consequences; it is a regret over motive.” -Mignon McLaughlin
49. “Guilt doesn’t help. What should fill in for it? Remorse. Remorse is when you feel bad about what you did. Guilt is when you feel bad about who you are.” -David D. Burns
Song Lyrics to Say Sorry for Lyings
50. “Let me apologize to begin with / Let me apologize for what I’m about to say / But trying to be genuine was harder than it seemed / And somehow I got caught up in between” -Linkin Park
51. “And so it seems I broke your heart / My ignorance has struck again / I failed to see it from the start / And tore you open ’til the end” -Halsey
52. “I don’t want to fight / I’m a little bit wrong / And you’re a little bit right” -The Monkees
53. “After all that we’ve been through / I will make it up to you / I promise to / And after all that’s been said and done / You’re just a part of me, I can’t let go” -Chicago
54. “Oh I’m sorry for blaming you/For everything I just couldn’t do/And I’ve hurt myself by hurting you.” -Christina Aguilera
55. “So this is me swallowin’ my pride / Standin’ in front of you sayin’ I’m sorry for that night / And I go back to December all the time / It turns out freedom ain’t nothin’ but missin’ you” –Taylor Swift
56. “Hello from the other side / I must’ve called a thousand times / To tell you I’m sorry for everything that I’ve done / But when I call, you never seem to be home” -Adele
IG Captions to Publicly Beg for Forgiveness
57. BEST friends tolerate the WORST in you. Thank you for being one. I’m sorry.
58. I’m not perfect, I make mistakes, I hurt people. But when I say sorry, I mean it.
59. You gave me your heart and in return, I gave you lies. I can’t say sorry enough.
60. I’m sorry I lied. I’m sorry I told the truth. I’m sorry that sorry is never enough.
61. I hate it when we fight. I really hate it when I realize it’s all my fault. I’m so sorry for all the lies and all the trust I’ve lost.
62. I’m sorry for all the lies I told you. I’m sorry for all the things I never said.
63. I made a terrible mistake when I lied to you. Please forgive me so we can be normal again.
64. “There’s no point in telling all the lies I’m telling you, cause baby all we got is everything and nothing” -5 Seconds of Summer
65. I’m so sorry for worrying you all. I’m sorry for the lies. I am working hard to get back to normal. Thank you for loving me.
66. I’m sorry for overreacting the way I did, and the lies I told. Please forgive me.
67. I’m sorry for all the times I lied. I’m sorry for all the times I hurt you. I don’t deserve your forgiveness but I’m begging for it anyway.
Whether it’s in public or private, a genuine apology must come from the heart and be sincere. And then there must be positive steps forward in order for everyone to grow. Most of all, be careful how you treat people. Lying never fixes anything!