Inside: Lighthearted quotes & funny tombstone sayings to use for Halloween.
When fall arrives and leaves everywhere turn orange and crimson, everyone knows that it is time for children’s favorite holiday ever: Halloween! People decorate their homes with scary and spooky décor and special sound effects every Halloween.
While some people set up huge spider webs and scary monsters in their front yard, many people like putting up tombstones to create a fun and scary vibe.
These Halloween tombstones have funny tombstone sayings that can make you laugh out loud. Some of these tombstones even have scary and funny puns that make them all the more hilarious.
Even while some people like bigger decoration elements, tombstones with funny tombstone sayings are some of the most memorable Halloween décor pieces. If you would like to read popular funny tombstone sayings or make your own quotes about tombstones this spooky season, check out the compilation below.
This collection of funniest tombstone sayings will have your neighbors cackling with laughter and kids giggle joy.
Scary Yet Funny Tombstone Sayings That Everyone Will Enjoy
If you are looking for quotes about a tombstone that are lighthearted and yet still make you shudder with fear, this compilation is perfect for you! The following funny yet scary tombstone sayings will have you quivering in fear before you break down in fits of laughter.
1. I finally had to admit: My mother-in-law’s chicken is ‘to die for’!
2. This is not exactly what I had in mind when I said, “Over my dead body!”
3. I’m finally skinny, maybe a little too skinny.
4. You don’t need to pity me! You should’ve seen the other guy
5. What are you doing here? I requested a tomb with a view!
6. I always said I was dead tired, but people never listened to me.
7. I’m free at midnight. You should come and talk to me then.
8. Duuuuude… that really was a killer wave!
9. How much did you pay to bury me here again?
10. I was here, but now I’m gone. Still, the party still goes on!
11. Don’t worry. I’ll be right up with you.
12. The car mechanic said that the brakes were fixed for good this time!
13. Can I take this tombstone off my taxes?
Funniest Quotes to Spook You Into Laughing
Halloween is the time when you want to decorate your home and make your loved ones laugh with your amazing sense of humor. If you want to add an element of joyful surprise to your Halloween decorations, you should pick out funny tombstone sayings that will make any passerby appreciate your sense of humor.
We have curated the following compilation of the funny tombstone sayings to make I finally have a parking space in this town.
14. Joke’s over. It’s time to let me out!
15. This atheist is all dressed up with nowhere to go.
16. I’d rather be reading this.
17. Beneath this tombstone, my wife lies; now she’s at rest, and so am I.
18. Mozart rests here, decomposing.
19. He was so brave until he forgot his parachute.
20. Here lies a beloved friend who grabbed the bull by the horns but forgot to let go.
21. First, a cough made me get carried off; now, a coffin they carry me off in.
22. She aimed for the brake but hit the gas.
23. I’d stay away from here in a zombie apocalypse.
24. Gosh darn! It’s so dark in here!
25. I wish I’d chosen to vacation in the Sahara instead.
26. I’m filling out my last cavity.
27. Here lies John Yeast. Pardon me for not rising to meet.
28. Yes! I have tried turning it off and then on again.
29. I know something you all don’t know.
Hilarious Quotes about Tombstones by Famous Personalities
Many famous writers and thinkers have written about death with a fun and sarcastic tone. Although death and graveyards are somber topics, it is alright to talk about them in a fun and lighthearted way, especially on Halloween.
The following compilation of funny tombstone sayings is guaranteed to make any adult snicker at the true reality of death.
30. “I’m ready to meet my maker. Whether my maker is prepared for the great ordeal of meeting me is another matter.” – Winston Churchill
31. “Nothing in life is certain except death and taxes.” – Benjamin Franklin
32. “Always look on the bright side of life.” – Monty Python
33. “The living are just the dead on holiday.” – Maurice Maeterlinck
34. “Either this man is dead, or my watch has stopped.” – Groucho Marx
35. “The idea is to die young as late as possible.” – Ashley Montagu
36. “Death is just nature’s way of telling you to slow down.” – Dick Sharples
37. “Death is so sad that we must laugh at it” – Robert A Heinlein
Other Quotes You May Enjoy Reading
Copycat Quotes: Do you have an annoying sibling who just won’t stop copying you? Are you tired of their copying and can’t come up with a good response? Here are some of the best copycat quotes that can make your frustrating friend or sibling stop copying you. You will be able to stop their teasing once and for all after reading these fantastic copycat quotes.
Aprils Fools Quotes: Aprils Fools is the best day to play pranks on your friends and family members! If you are looking for inspiration or want a caption for your Aprils Day post, click on the link above to read great Aprils Fools quotes. These Aprils Fools sayings will make you snicker and will be sure to give you ideas for making this 1st of April genuinely memorable.
Funny Family Quotes: Families who are really close with each other enjoy a really good bond with their siblings and parents. Click on the link above to read hilariously funny quotes about family and siblings. These quotes are sure to bring a smile to your mother’s, father’s, sister’s, or brother’s face when you share them with your closest family members.