Inside: 45+ Quotes About Asking Questions
It’s a funny thing: People are sometimes afraid to ask questions out of fear of seeming “stupid.” And yet the smartest people on the planet are often the ones who ask the most questions. Case in point: Albert Einstein.
No one person knows all the information in the world. To find the right answers, you must ask the right questions.
These quotes about asking questions encourage the continued search for information and knowledge.
Quotes About Asking Questions
1. The art and science of asking questions is the source of all knowledge.
2. Part of being successful is about asking questions and listening to the answers.
3. Once you start asking questions, innocence is gone.
4. Asking questions is the first way to begin change.
5. The man who asks a question is a fool for a minute, the man who does not ask is a fool for life.
6. The first step to receiving an answer is being brave enough to ask a question.
7. If you ask the right questions you’ll discover how truly fascinating people are.
8. There are years that ask questions and years that answer.
9. The key to wisdom is this – constant and frequent questioning, for by doubting we are led to question, by questioning we arrive at the truth.
10. It is not the answer that enlightens, but the question.
11. Question everything. Learn something. Answer nothing.
12. The big question is whether you are going to be able to say a hearty yes to your adventure.
13. The only true wisdom is in knowing that you know nothing.
14. A wise man can learn more from a foolish question than a fool can learn from a wise answer.
15. It is better to debate a question without settling it than to settle a question without debating it.
Quotes on Asking Questions
16. The master key of knowledge is, indeed, persistent and frequent questioning.
17. A prudent question is one-half of wisdom.
18. The one who knows all the answers has not been asked all the questions. – Confucius
19. The most serious mistakes are not being made as a result of wrong answers. The true dangerous thing is asking the wrong question.
20. “Only the one who does not question is safe from making a mistake.” – Albert Einstein
21. The power to question is the basis of all human progress.
22. What are you trying to do – one of the easiest to ask and most difficult to answer of questions.
23. “Life’s most persistent and urgent question is, ‘What are you doing for others?’” – Martin Luther King, Jr.
24. There are no right answers to wrong questions.
25. You can tell whether a man is clever by his answers. You can tell whether a man is wise by his questions.
26. Never ask a question unless the answer makes a difference.
27. There are no foolish questions and no man becomes a fool until he has stopped asking questions.
28. The greatest compliment that was ever paid me was when someone asked me what I thought, and attended to my answer.
29. It’s better to know some of the questions than all of the answers.
30. Questions are never indiscreet, answers sometimes are.
Asking the Right Questions Quotes
31. Successful people ask better questions, and as a result, they get better answers.
32. One of the best questions you can ask when something negative happens is this: What does this experience make possible?
33. Life is filled with unanswered questions, but it is the courage to seek those answers that continues to give meaning to life.
34. We get wise by asking questions, and even if these are not answered, we get wise, for a well-packed question carries its answer on its back as a snail carries its shell.
35. Always ask the questions you want to, life is too short to know if you’ll get a second chance to ask.
36. Think about the answers of the questions that have not yet been asked! When they are asked, you will have the answers ready!
37. I found I wasn’t asking good enough questions because I assumed I knew something.
38. I grew a reputation for always asking questions and being nosy.
39. I have always been much better at asking questions than knowing what the answers were.
40. I never learn anything talking. I only learn things when I ask questions.
Quotes About Questions and Learning
41. If they can get you asking the wrong questions, they don’t have to worry about answers.
42. If you do not ask the right questions, you do not get the right answers. A question asked in the right way often points to its own answer.
43. In all affairs, it’s a healthy thing now and then to hang a question mark on the things you have long taken for granted.
44. In school, we’re rewarded for having the answer, not for asking a good question.
45. It is better to know some of the questions than all of the answers.
46. It is not the answer that enlightens, but the question.
47. It’s not that they can’t see the solution. They can’t see the problem.
48. Judge a man by his questions rather than by his answers
More Quotes You’ll Love to Share
- Fake Family Quotes + Images to Help You Deal With The Faux Family –Dealing with a fake family member can be very difficult and emotionally exhausting. Family is supposed to be our ride or die and have our back no matter what. So it can be extremely disappointing to find out that a close family member is being fake to you or another loved one. These fake family quotes are a great reminder of how to cut that negativity out of your life and move on in a positive direction.
- National Dog Day Quotes – National Dog Day may have to be one of my favorite holidays to celebrate, because, well dogs are the best. I am a firm believer that a four-legged friend is the best kind of friend. There is nothing like the love that a pup shares, from wet nose boops to scratchy tongue kisses, dogs are God’s greatest gift to the world. My whole life we had a family dog and even as I have gotten older and create my own family, the home just isn’t the same without a pet pup. Give all your love and gratitude to your furry friend this year with these National Dog Day Quotes.
- Eco-Friendly Sustainability Quotes to Live By – Our environment is all we have. If we don’t take care of it who will? These sustainability quotes are some of the many ways that we can learn and understand the importance of sustainable development. Human interaction with the environment is something that has brought so many adverse effects in some areas while positive ones in other areas. Therefore, as we try to hit our sustainability goals, it is also important to also think of the impact of such developments on what surrounds us.