Inside: Great OCD Quotes for the Hard Times
For many, obsessive-compulsive disorder is synonymous with hand-washing, organizing, color-coding and cleaning. And while associating OCD with these habits isn’t exactly wrong, it leaves out an important part of the picture. It’s easy to look at these behaviors and think, Oh, that’s not so bad. I would love to keep my room so clean. Or, Oh, I hate when my room is a mess. I’m so OCD too.
But what you don’t see, and what puts the “D” in OCD, are the thought processes behind the compulsive actions. People with OCD don’t organize because it brings them joy. They don’t clean because it’s one of their hobbies. And sometimes, people with OCD don’t clean or organize at all. OCD manifests itself in so many different ways, and likening it to a quirk can be hurtful for those who live with it every day.
These OCD Quotes are a little reminder of how impactful this disorder is, while also throwing in a little humor. We hope you enjoy these, let us know your favorite.
How OCD Quotes Helped Through the Journey
Catlin A. Palmer, LMSW @flowmentum_movement
Posting quotes, cartoons, memes, and selfies, Catlin A. Palmer shares honestly and easily about his life with OCD and addiction recovery on Instagram. As a mental health advocate, Catlin favors in-person events and shares about opportunities to meet him and come together with community members to make connections and bust mental health stigma. Give this OCD Instagram account a follow for passionate, real talk on mental health issues and updates on Catlin’s blog and website focused on OCD recovery.
The OCD Bee @theocdbee
The OCD Bee describes itself as, “The hive of information, support and awareness for Obsessive Compulsive Disorder.” Sometimes the the posts on this Instagram OCD feed are short, inspirational quotes. Other times, the page’s moderator will write longer mini-essays on life with OCD, which garner lots of conversation and connections in the comment section. Following this account will add visual value to your Instagram feed, and keep a positive perspective on OCD recovery.
Elizabeth McIngvale @emcingvale
This OCD Instagram feed is comprised of intimate family photos, heartfelt captions about mental health awareness, and a lightheartedness that makes Elizabeth easy to approach as a friend and resource online. Elizabeth’s bio states that she’s, “Speaking truth and refusing to hide. On a daily mission to be a voice for the voiceless.” Her Instagram community is new and growing, and a sweet place to make friends in the comments and connect with other people living with OCD, and friends and family of people who have obsessive-compulsive disorder.
Don’t Touch My Things – OCD Quotes
1. OCD thoughts can come into your mind but it’s up to you if you pay attention to them.
2. Ruminating on OCD obsession is like praying for something you don’t want.
3. Be who you are and say what you feel because those who mind don’t matter, and those who matter don’t mind.
4. If you are going through an OCD spike, allow it to pass, don’t force it to leave. Give no energy towards it!
5. If you want to get over OCD you need to be as strong as the disorder.
6. Don’t believe the guilt. It’s only a byproduct of OCD.
7. Let OCD tell you whatever it wants. Don’t try to solve it.
8. OCD is the disorder of doubt. Stop all doubt & you will stop OCD.
Powerful OCD Quotes
9. The thoughts are not you and the scenario they present is not real.
10. OCD thoughts are not the problem. Your choice to take them seriously is the problem.
11. Don’t try to figure out an OCD question. Accept the uncertainty.
12. Recovery takes time. Don’t get discouraged.
13. Don’t feel bad for yourself because you have OCD. Feeling bad is a sign of weakness and you need to be strong in your battle with OCD.
14. You can’t control your thoughts, but u can control your reaction to them. React with indifference.
15. With OCD, the more you seek the answer the more questions will arise.
16. You are in control of your OCD. No Fear = No OCD.
17. The most difficult phase of life is not when no one understands you; It is when you don’t understand yourself.
18. Don’t waste this moment, this moment is your life.
OCD Quotes for the Hard Times
19. If you worry about being bad you are good.
20. The road to success is not the path you find but the trail you blaze.
21. Fear is what stops you. Courage is what keeps you going.
22. You never know how strong you are until strong is the only way you can be.
23. The strongest man is he who stands alone.
24. There is strength in solitude. A man who needs a crowd is much more alone than he imagines.
25. Anxiety does not empty tomorrow of its sorrows, but only empties today of its strength.
26. Yes, I have OCD. No, it isn’t about being a “neat freak”
27. I am in charge of how I feel and today I choose happiness
28. Strength is born out of a deeply suffering heart.
More Quotes You’ll Love to Share
- Short Quotes About Life – Sometimes we need a quick pick-me-up to get going. For most of us that is coffee or an energy drink, and that’s good for the body, but what about the soul. We created these Very Short Quotes About Life as an energy drink for your soul. We hope that these encourage your soul with the inspiration and strength to tackle life with everything you have. It certainly seems that the happiest people in life are the ones that live it to the full. May these short quotes inspire you to do the same.
- Live in the Moment Quotes – These Live in the Moment Quotes are designed to inspire and encourage to live in the riches that today has to offer you. Whether it is forgiving the past, or telling your excuses they aren’t welcome anymore – today, use these quotes to take a step towards living in the moment. It’s a gift waiting for all of us to open, each and every day.
- Funny Teacher Quotes – Bring a smile to your favorite teacher’s face with these funny teacher quotes. Whether it’s the kids, the endless meetings, or the nature of the job itself, you can find humor in all of it! Laughter really can be the best medicine. These quotes are perfect to keep a light heart through the tougher days. Post them on your bulletin board, in the teacher’s lounge, or share with your teacher BFF. These funny teacher quotes are a fun way to bring a smile to you or your favorite teacher’s face! Share them and get a good laugh.