Inside: 43 Retirement Quotes for Teachers.
We all have had that one teacher that taught us more than just words in a book. They taught us about life, growing, and becoming a better human being. That is why it is so hard when such an influential person decides to retire from their service. It’s such a bittersweet moment, we are so happy for them and yet so sad to see them go.
Here are 43 Retirement Quotes for Teachers that show just how much you appreciate everything they have done through the years!
Retirement Quotes for Teachers
Here are a few of our favorite retirement quotes for teachers!
1. It takes a big heart to shape little minds
2. There is not enough money in the world to pay you what you should have earned for teaching
3. Good teachers are the reason ordinary students do extraordinary things
4. You literally made the world a better place
5. Congrats for surviving a teaching career with your sanity intact!
6. You are not ending a career, you are completing a noble calling
7. You have changed the world because you touched the lives of so many
8. Hallmark doesn’t even have enough thank you cards to adequately express how grateful we are that you were a teacher
9. The influence of a good teacher can never be erased
10. “Do not cry because it’s over, smile because it happened.” Dr. Suess
Quotes for Teachers
Written on a card, piped on a cake, or hung on a banner, here are a few more of our favorite retirement quotes for teachers!
11. Your students will not remember everything you said, but they will remember how you made them feel like they could do anything
12. What do you call a person who is happy on Monday? Retired!
13. No one has earned their retirement more than a teacher
14. Thank you for being such an important part in the story of so many lives
15. There are few people who can touch as many lives as a teacher
16. You cannot retire from being great. So, it that sense, you aren’t completely retiring
17. If your pension plan was for all the money in the world it still would be less than you deserve
18. You shaped young people for a living. Thank you, enjoy your retirement
19. I refuse to accept you are retiring because everyone knows you can’t retire from being awesome!
Teachers Deserve the World
Teachers really do deserve the world, thats why it is so hard to see them go! These retirement quotes for teachers are just a small way to show how much you appreciate them and their work!
20. If we were to compile thank you’s from every life you touched you’d have to spend your entire retirement reading them all
21. We have no idea how you were able to teach for so long, the only explanation we could think of is that you have super-powers
22. You were underpaid, and underappreciated – yet somehow you still left an indelible mark on this world
23. “A teacher affects eternity; he can never tell where his influence stops.” – Henry Adams
24. Because you loved teaching you taught children to love learning
25. You were a teacher, the world will forever be in debt to your service
26. To the world you were just a teacher, but to your students you were a hero
27. “How lucky I am to have something that makes saying goodby so hard.” -Winnie the Pooh
28. Retirement is the beginning of the next great chapter of your life.
29. “Retirement is wonderful. It’s doing nothing without worrying about getting caught at it.” – Gene Perret
Quotes for Your Favorite Teacher
Here are a few more Retirement quotes for teachers that you’ll love!
30. Thank you for being the kind of person that taught others to be better people.
31. A great teacher is hard to find, difficult to part with, and impossible to replace.
32. Now that you’ve planted seeds that will last a lifetime you can sit back and watch them grow
33. The joy of retirement is having nothing to do and all day to do it
34. Teachers who retire will always be young at heart, and old in a few other places
35. Even though you’re retiring the values and knowledge that you have given to your students will never retire.
36. When most heros retire they get a parade, except for teachers. They sacrifice even in retirement
37. Teachers never really retire, since the work they do continues multiply long after they are done
38. “There is a whole new kind of life ahead, full of experiences just waiting to happen. Some call it retirement. I call it bliss”. ― Betty Sullivan
39. You are a blessing to this generation. May this new chapter in your life usher in long life, good health, and wisdom!
40. A teacher never really retires since their work lives on in the hearts of their students
41. The school will feel so empty and our classrooms won’t be the same without the inspirational presence of a teacher like you.
42. No one truly appreciates a hero more than the ones they helped, and you helped oh so many young lives
More Quotes You’ll Love
If you like these Retirement Quotes for Teachers then you will love these others! See a few more of our favorites!
- Hump Day Quotes – It’s Hump Day, or as most of you call it – Wednesday. Maybe you are like us and always giggle a little, or you just like celebrating almost making it through the week when you hear the term Hump Day. Either way, celebrating the middle of the week with some encouragement or a suggestive joke is always fun.
- Good Vibes Quotes – Good vibes only around here, that’s a must! Sometimes life can deal you some bad cards, but it’s how you handle it that matters! With a positive mindset and a kind soul, you can get through anything that life puts in your path. When you spread good vibes then better vibes find you. Check out these 37 Good Vibes Quotes for a happy life!
- Best Song Quotes – It can take a time of our life and capture it in a time capsule that is opened every time a song is played. These best song quotes capture that magic and even showcase the lyrics that are permanently written on our hearts. Which one speaks to you? Which one makes you want to open Spotify and open the playlist that you know will bring you to tears?