Inside: Beautiful Butterfly Quotes + Captions
With their brightly colored wings and fluttery flight, butterflies are considered a beauty by many around the world.
As spirit animals, butterflies embody personal transformation. They can go through life changes with such grace and lightness on they can possess.
Many cultures around the world believe butterflies to be the souls of a recently deceased loved one. Black butterflies might also mean death is nearby, while yellow or orange ones are symbols of happiness, excitement, and passion. In China, butterflies represent long life. Native Americans believe that if you whisper a wish to a butterfly and it flies to the heavens, it will come true.
Find the strength to get out of your cocoon and spread your wings through some of the best butterfly quotes and sayings.
Inspirational Butterfly Quotes
1. “You do not just wake up and become the butterfly. Growth is a process.” — Rupi Kaur
2. “Butterflies are self-propelled flowers.” — Robert A. Heinlein
3. “Well, I must endure the presence of a few caterpillars if I wish to become acquainted with the butterflies.” — Antoine de Saint-Exupéry, The Little Prince
4. “The butterfly is a flying flower. The flower is a tethered butterfly.” — Ponce Denis
5. “As with the butterfly, adversity is necessary to build character in people.” — Joseph B. Wirthlin
6. “There is nothing in a caterpillar that tells you it’s going to be a butterfly.” — Buckminster R. Fuller
7. “Just like the butterfly, I too will awaken in my own time.” — Deborah Chaskin
8. “Butterflies can’t see their wings. They can’t see how truly beautiful they are, but everyone else can. People are like that as well.” — Naya Riviera
9. “A season of loneliness and isolation is when the caterpillar gets its wings. Remember that next time you feel alone.” – Mandy Hale, The Single Woman: Life, Love, and a Dash of Sass
10. “We can learn a lesson from the butterfly beginning its life crawling along the ground, then spinning a cocoon, patiently waiting until the day it will fly.” — Heather Wolf, Kipnuk the Talking Dog
Life Butterfly Quotes
11. “Float like a butterfly, sting like a bee.” — Muhammad Ali
12. “The mark of your ignorance is the depth of your belief in injustice and tragedy. What the caterpillar calls the end of the world, the Master calls the butterfly.” — Richard Bach
13. “’Just living isn’t enough,’ said the butterfly, ‘one must have sunshine, freedom and a little flower.’” — Hans Christian Anderson, The Complete Fairy Tales
14. “How does one become a butterfly? You have to want to learn to fly so much that you are willing to give up being a caterpillar.” — Trina Paulus, Hope For The Flowers
15. “Everyone is like a butterfly. They start out ugly and awkward and then morph into beautiful, graceful butterflies that everyone loves.” — Drew Barrymore
16. “Open your heart and mind like the wings of a butterfly. See then how high you can fly.” — Zeenat Aman
17. “Failure is like a caterpillar before it becomes a butterfly.” — Peta Kelly, Earth is Hiring
18. “Happiness is like a butterfly, the more you chase it, the more it will evade you, but if you notice the other things around you, it will gently come and sit on your shoulder.” — Henry David Thoreau
19. “If nothing ever changed, there would be no such things as butterflies.” — Wendy Mass, The Candymakers
20. “We delight in the beauty of the butterfly, but rarely admit the changes it has gone through to achieve that beauty.” — Maya Angelou
Beautiful Butterfly Quotes
21. “Be like a butterfly and a flower—beautiful and sought after, yet unassuming and gentle.” — Jarod Kintz, This Book is Not for Sale
22. “Take time to be a butterfly.” — Gillian Duce, The Winning Game (Magic and Mayhem #2)
23. “The butterfly counts not months but moments, and has time enough.” — Rabindranath Tagore
24. “The butterfly does not look back upon its caterpillar self, either fondly or wistfully; it simply flies on.” — Guillermo del Toro
25. “Metamorphosis has always been the greatest symbol of change for poets and artists. Imagine that you could be a caterpillar one moment and a butterfly the next.” — Louie Schwartzberg
26. “The butterflies…What an educated sense of beauty they have. They seem only an ornament to society, and yet, if they were gone, how substantial would be their loss.” — Phil Robinson
27. “Beautiful and graceful, varied and enchanting, small but approachable, butterflies lead you to the sunny side of life. And everyone deserves a little sunshine.” — Jeffrey Glassberg
28. “Adding wings to caterpillars does not create butterflies, it creates awkward and dysfunctional caterpillars. Butterflies are created through transformation.” — Stephanie Marshall
29. “Butterflies are nature’s angels. They remind us what a gift it is to be alive.” — Robyn Nola
30. “Love is like a butterfly, a rare and gentle thing.” — Dolly Parton, “Love is Like a Butterfly”
Cute Butterfly Quotes
31. “Soar up high with the beauty and grace of a butterfly.” — Unknown
32. “A butterfly symbolizes the acceptance of each new phase in life. To keep the faith as everything around you changed.” — Lisa Kleypas, Rainshadow Road
33. “I embrace emerging experience. I participate in discovery. I am a butterfly. I am not a butterfly collector. I want the experience of the butterfly.” — William Stafford
34. “Although the butterfly and the caterpillar are completely different, they are one and the same.” — Kendrick Lamar
35. “Beautiful and graceful, varied and enchanting, small but approachable, butterflies lead you to the sunny side of life. And everyone deserves a little sunshine.” — Jeffrey Glassberg
36. Butterflies are our loved ones come to flutter.
37. “Love is like a butterfly: It goes where it pleases, and it pleases wherever it goes.” — Unknown
38. “Children are caterpillars and adults are butterflies. No butterfly ever remembers what it felt like being a caterpillar.” — Cornelia Funke, The Thief Lord
39. “I only ask to be free. The butterflies are free.” — Charles Dickens, Bleak House
40. “When a caterpillar bursts from its cocoon and discovers it has wings, it does not sit idly, hoping to one day turn back. It flies.” — Kelseyleigh Reber
A Butterfly Flaps Its Wings Quotes
41. “Go on, hitch a ride on the back of a butterfly. There’s no better way to fly.” — Train, “Get To Me”
42. “When you find yourself cocooned in isolation and you cannot find your way out of darkness… Remember, this is similar to the place where caterpillars go to grow their wings.” — Necole Stephens
43. “Just when the caterpillar thought “I am incapable of moving,” it became a butterfly.” — Annette Thomas
44. “She is like a butterfly; beautiful to look at but hard to catch.” — Nikki Rowe
45. “Like a butterfly stuck in a chrysalis, waiting for the perfect moment, I was waiting for the day I could burst forth and fly away and find my home.” — Emme Rollins, Dear Rockstar
46. “A butterfly always reminds that there is always beauty at the end of all the pain.”– Unknown
47. “When I was a girl, I would look out my bedroom window at the caterpillars; I envied them so much. No matter what they were before, no matter what happened to them, they could just hide away and turn into these beautiful creatures that could fly away completely untouched.” — Carin, Patch Adams
48. “When the spirit of nature touches us, our hearts turn into a butterfly!” — Mehmet Murat Ildan
49. “Don’t waste your time chasing butterflies. Mend your garden, and the butterflies will come.”— Mario Quintana
50. “Love is like a butterfly, beautiful and delicate… If you truly care for it, you’ll do whatever you can to make it happy, even if that means letting it go.” — Scott Pemberton
51. Butterflies are flowers that sing.
52. “Butterflies are God’s confetti, thrown upon the Earth in celebration of His love.” — K. D’Angelo
53. Embrace the change… the outcome can be beautiful!
More Fun Quotes You’ll Love to Share
- Honey Bee Quotes – There is a saying that is closely related to bees and honey, and it goes, “you catch more flies with honey than vinegar.” If you want to live by this saying keep reading our honey-filled bee quote that includes quotes about bees, and honey quotes. In case you are looking for some social media captions, we have the perfect cute bee quotes for you.
- You Make Me Happy Quotes – Is there anything in the world better than being happy? Well, being with someone that makes you happy is probably a step above. This post is dedicated to all the people and things that make us happy. These You Make Me Happy quotes are designed to remind or something or someone that makes you happy. As you scroll through think of a person who would be made happy by you sending them each quote.
- Keep Your Head Up Sayings – If this is how you’ve been feeling lately or how you’re feeling today, fear not! Life is a miracle and learning to cope with our bad choices, decisions and disappointments is a part of it. Keep your head up quotes and sayings will help you find your silver lining and find the courage to accept the things you cannot change. Because life is a miracle teaching us valuable lessons and transforming us into our best selves!