Inside: Best happy independence day quotes that honor where we come from
Happy Independence Day! It’s that time of the year again, the time when you hear the sizzle of hot dogs on the grill and can smell the freedom in the air. That’s right… it’s nearly the 4th of July! More often than not, I am shocked by how quickly time goes by these days.
Since we are already in July, I thought it would be a perfect moment to gather up some of my all-time favorite Happy Independence Day quotes to help everyone get into the season. I am so excited for you to read these! Every year, I like to look back on them to get into the proper mindset for this special day.
These quotes range from famous to lesser known, so I know there is something here that you haven’t read. Check out the lists below and see how you feel when you are done. My heart swells with pride! Some more of my favorite Holiday quotes always include these groundhog day quotes, so totally check those out when you’re done!
Happy Independence Day Quotes
The first Independence Day that I remember was way back when I was just a kid. I can so clearly see the bright flashes of color in the sky, and the feeling of the cold night air hitting my nose. My small town always had the biggest firework show, and it was amazing. These quotes fill me with a similar sense of nostalgia.
1. “May we think of freedom, not as the right to do as we please, but as the opportunity to do what is right.” – Peter Marshall
2. “The fact is, with every friendship you make and every bond of trust you establish, you are shaping the image of America projected to the rest of the world.” – Michelle Obama
3. “This nation will remain the land of the free only so long as it is the home of the brave.” – Elmer Davis
4. “The American, by nature, is optimistic. He is experimental, an inventor, and a builder who builds best when called upon to build greatly.” -John F. Kennedy
5. “Intellectually I know that America is no better than another country, but emotionally I know she is better than every other country.” – Sinclair Lewis
6. “We’re blessed with the opportunity to stand for something, for liberty and freedom and fairness. And these are things worth fighting for, worth devoting our lives.” – Ronald Reagan
7. “America is known as a country that welcomes people to its shores. All kinds of people.” – Ruth Bader Ginsburg
8. “It will be celebrated with pomp and parade, bonfires and illuminations from one end of this continent to the other.” – John Adams
9. “I believe in America because we have great dreams and because we have the opportunity to make those dreams come true.” – Wendell L. Wilkie
10. “I think of a hero as someone who understands the degree of responsibility that comes with his freedom.” – Bob Dylan
11. “As we celebrate our nation’s freedom, we honor the courageous men and women dedicated to preserving it.”
More Quotes for the Fourth
There are so many different ways that people celebrate this awesome holiday, all of which are a blast. How could they not be? The days are long and warm; the BBQ is heating up…it’s bound to be a great time! For more fun with quotes, check out this list of memorial day quotes!
12. “The fourth of July isn’t all about barbecues and fireworks. It’s also about freedom, liberty and the birthday of our country. Teach your kids about the true history of Independence Day.”
13. “I’m just like my country, I’m young, scrappy, and hungry and I am not throwing away my shot.” -Alexander Hamilton
14. “Enjoy this Independence Day with parades, fireworks, music and dance. Have a fun filled 4th of July.”
15. “I like to see a man proud of the place in which he lives. I like to see a man live so that his place will be proud of him.” – Lincoln
16. “My country, ’tis of thee sweet land of liberty. Of thee I sing; Land where my fathers died, land of the pilgrim’s pride from every mountainside, let freedom ring.”
17. “People in power are trying to convince us that the villain in our American story is each other. But that is not our story. That is not who we are. That’s not our America. Our United States of America is not about us versus them. It’s about we the people!” – Camila Alves
18. “I am an American, free born and free bred, where I acknowledge no man as my superior, except for his own worth, or as my inferior, except for his own demerit.” – Theo Roosevelt
19. “Who ever walked behind anyone to freedom? If we can’t go hand in hand, I don’t want to go.” – Hazel Scott
20. “The land of opportunity. You just need the right people and the right work ethic and you can accomplish anything.” – Bob Poser
Famous Happy Independence Day Quotes That Honor U.S.A
I love our Country because so many amazing people have come together over the centuries to help us grow. The list below is full of some of the most famous happy independence day quotes that may recognize. I really think you are going to love these.
21. “What was important wasn’t the fireworks, it was that we were together this evening, together in this place, looking up into the sky at the same time.”
22. “There is nothing wrong with America that cannot be cured by what is right with America.”
23. “Thanksgiving without turkey is like Fourth of July with no apple pie, or Friday with no two pizzas.” – Joey from Friends
24. “Laughter is America’s most important export.” – Walt Disney
25. “True patriotism springs from a belief in the dignity of the individual, freedom and equality not only for Americans but for all people on earth.” – Eleanor Roosevelt
26. “That’s the promise of tomorrow – that in the face of impossible odds, people who love their country can change it.” – Barack Obama
27. “The happiness of America is intimately connected with the happiness of all mankind; she is destined to become the safe and venerable asylum of virtue, of honesty, of tolerance, and quality and of peaceful liberty.” – Marquis de Lafayette
28. “If there is anyone out there who still doubts that America is a place where all things are possible; who still wonders if the dream of our founders is alive in our time; who still questions the power of our democracy, tonight is your answer.” – Barack Obama
29. “Where freedom is, there is my nation.” – Benjamin Franklin
30. “I’d like to be remembered as a person who wanted to be free and wanted other people to be also free.” – Rosa Parks
31. “Those who won our independence believed liberty to be the secret of happiness.” – Louis D Brandeis
I have always been so proud to call this great country my home, so I look forward to the fourth of July every single year. Independence Day is a day of celebration for everything we are able to have now, thanks to history.
I hope that you loved these Happy Independence Day Quotes as much as I loved putting them together. This list is timeless; to look back on it every time that you feel like you need a little bit of a pick me up.
If you are looking for even more July quotes, I have got you covered! Check out these July Birthday Quotes.