Inside: 101 Teacher Appreciation Quotes
We all have that one teacher who changed our lives or the lives of our kids. For me, it was my 5th Grade English and Writing teacher, which as I am writing this makes total sense that she had such a huge impact on my life. I love writing and I owe a lot of that to her.
She was such a sweet, caring, and creative lady that brought so much joy to my little life. Sometimes sharing exactly how you feel can be tough, but with these, but these awesome Teacher appreciation quotes sharing your appreciation (even from home!) can be a little easier and maybe at times include a little thank you fun in the mix as well.
One of the biggest blessings I can think of though is having my children find a teacher that truly inspires them and makes learning exciting and fun. Sharing these fun teacher quotes on Teacher Appreciation Day is a great way to say “Thank You” for their role in your kiddos life.
Teacher Appreciation Quotes
Like I said before, my favorite teacher was my 5th grade English teacher, she inspired me to be creative and write daily. Here are a few of my favorite teacher appreciation quotes inspired by her!
1. Without teachers, life would have no class.
2. To the world, you may be just a teacher but to your students, you are a HERO!
3. You don’t just teach, you inspire!
4. You are making a difference every day!
5. Teachers encourage minds to think, hands to create, and hearts to love!
6. May your coffee be strong and your students be calm!
7. People will never forget how you made them feel.
8. The influence of a good teacher can never be erased.
9. It takes a big heart to shape little minds.
Inspiring Teacher Quotes
These teacher heroes spend a lot of time with our kids, they help mold them into smart and creative humans. Say thank you with these fun teacher appreciation quotes that are the perfect thing to write on a thank you card during appreciation day or week.
10. Thank you for helping our children grow!
11. The future of the world is in your classroom today!
12. Teachers gonna teach!
13. Teachers plant the seeds of knowledge that last a lifetime.
14. How sweet it is to be taught by you!
15. Coffee. Teach. Sleep. Repeat.
16. Thanks a latte for being an awesome teacher!
17. You teach tiny humans, you’re kind of a big deal!
Special Quotes for Special Teachers
Send a special message to a “Nacho average Teacher” and put a smile on their face. I love these teacher appreciation quotes and I really love sharing them with our favorite teachers!
18. A teacher presents the past, reveals the present and create the future.
19. Nacho average teacher!
20. Throw kindness around like confetti!
21. You light up our world!
22. Keep calm and teach on!
23. The wonder of teaching is watching caterpillars become butterflies.
24. A good teacher deserves an apple. You deserve the whole tree.
25. The world needs more teachers just like you.
The fun doesn’t stop here… After all, teachers are one of the most important influences in our life, so they deserve the best!
There are so many reasons that we should be writing, texting and sending these teacher appreciation quotes. Not only are they the ones that are on the front lines, choosing to spend their days with our children in order to raise the next generation on their own shoulders, but they put up with so much while doing so.
They deal with the attitudes, the antics, and the early mornings that I sure know I could never put up with the way that they do.
It’s a totally different world being a teacher. For most of my childhood, my mom was a stay at home mother, but she moved into teaching when my sisters and I got to be a little older. In fact, her first year teaching, she was one of my teachers! As the years went on, there was a growing appreciation for my mother by her students— and I saw the gifts, cards, and gift cards come rolling in. But what she really loved was the cards with words of appreciation, hearing how she was impacting her students to grow into new passions.
If you have a teacher you really love and appreciate, don’t hesitate to let them know. Here are some teachers appreciation quotes for you to do so.
Teachers Appreciation Quotes
26. Great teachers empathize with kids, respect them, and believe that each one has something special that can be built upon.
27. Teacher appreciation makes the world of education go around.
28. Students don’t care how much you know until they know how much you care.
29. Teachers teach because they care. Teaching young people is what they do best. It requires long hours, patience, and care.
30. Not all superheros wear capes, some have teaching degrees.
31. Be a wonderful role model because you will be the window through which many children will see their future.
32. A teacher takes a hand, opens a mind, and touches a heart.
33. They may forget what you said, but they will never forget how you made them feel.
34. It takes a big heart to help shape little minds.
35. It’s the teacher that makes the difference, not the classroom.
36. Teachers appreciate being appreciated, for teacher appreciation is their highest award.
37. He who opens a school door closes a prison.
Quotes For Best Teacher
38. It is the supreme art of the teacher to awaken joy in creative expression and knowledge.
39. When we strive to become better teachers than we are, everyone in our classroom becomes better too.
40. Don’t judge a teacher until you’ve walked a mile in her shoes.
41. If you can read this, thank a teacher.
42. A teacher’s job is to take a bunch of live wires and see that they are well-grounded.
43. The mediocre teacher tells. The good teacher explains. The superior teacher demonstrates. The great teacher inspires.
44. Give me a fish and I eat for a day. Teach me to fish and I eat for a lifetime.
45. The greatest sign of success for a teacher… is to be able to say, ‘The children are now working as if I did not exist.’
46. I think the teaching profession contributes more to the future of our society than any other single profession.
47. When educating the minds of our youth, we must not forget to educate their hearts.
48. I like a teacher who gives you something to take home to think about besides homework.
49. The best teachers are those who show you where to look but don’t tell you what to see.
Teachers appreciation quotes are beautifully said and perfect for making sure your favorite has the recognition that he or she deserves.
50. Cheers to all of the teachers who give out pencils every single day who know that they’ll never get them back.
51. The task of the excellent teacher is to stimulate ‘apparently ordinary’ people to unusual effort. The tough problem is not in identifying winners: it is in making winners out of ordinary people.
52. What a gift for any teacher to see the students smile and live up to their potential. That’s the reward. That’s humbling to be a witness to something like that.
53. I can’t believe I just saw my teacher at the grocery store! I thought she lived in her classroom!
54. A good teacher is like a candle – it consumes itself to light the way for others.
55. The art of teaching is the art of assisting discovery.
56. I am indebted to my father for living, but to my teacher for living well.
57. Teachers can change lives with just the right mix of chalk and challenges.
58. It’s easy to make a buck. It’s a lot tougher to make a difference.
59. One looks back with appreciation to the brilliant teachers, but with gratitude to those who touched our human feelings.
60. Summer vacation is the time when parents realize teachers are grossly underpaid.
61. Everyone who remembers his own education remembers teachers, not methods and techniques. The teacher is the heart of the educational system.
62. A teacher is a compass that activates the magnets of curiosity, knowledge, and wisdom in the pupils.
63. The great teacher is not the man who supplies the most facts, but the one in whose presence we become different people.
64. Teaching is not a lost art, but the regard for it is a lost tradition.
65. When you teach your son, you teach your son’s son.
Card Saying From Students
Be sure to thank your teacher often! While you may not always know what to say other than “thank you,” these teachers appreciation quotes will do the talking for you if all you do is out in the effort to letting them know and getting them the message.
66. Nine-tenths of education is encouragement.
67. Anyone who does anything to help a child in his life is a hero to me.
68. Being able to help someone learn something is a talent.
69. What the teacher is, is more important than what he teaches.
70. Better than a thousand days of diligent study is one day with a great teacher.
71. Educators are the only people who lose sleep over other people’s kids.
72. Teaching is not just a job. It is a human service, and it must be thought of as a mission.
73. Good teaching is one-fourth preparation and three-fourths pure theatre.
74. What greater or better gift can we offer the republic than to teach and instruct our youth?
75. My teacher thought I was smarter than I was – so I was.
76. In order to be an effective teacher you have to love your students as human beings and you have to love teaching.
77. Those who know, do. Those who understand, teach
78. Education is the key to success in life, and teachers make a lasting impact in the lives of their students.
79. Most of us end up with no more than five or six people who remember us. Teachers have thousands of people who remember them for the rest of their lives.
Thank You Teacher Quotes
80. Teaching kids to count is fine, but teaching them what counts is best.
81. To teach is to learn twice.
82. Good teachers know how to bring out the best in students.
83. I was lucky that I met the right mentors and teachers at the right moment.
84. Teaching is a very noble profession that shapes the character, caliber, and future of the individual. If the people remember me as a good teacher, that will be the biggest honor for me.
85. Teaching is the profession that teaches all the other professions.
86. One good teacher in a lifetime may sometimes change a delinquent into a solid citizen.
87. Teaching: the only profession where you steal things from home and bring them to work.
88. The best teachers teach from the heart, not from the book.
89. A teacher affects eternity; he can never tell where his influence stops.
90. Teaching is more than imparting knowledge; it is inspiring change. Learning is more than absorbing facts; it is acquiring understanding.
91. If we teach today’s students as we taught yesterday’s, we rob them of tomorrow.
92. Teachers have three loves: love of learning, love of learners, and the love of bringing the first two loves together.
Heart Touching Ideas
93. What a teacher writes on the blackboard of life can never be erased.
94. Children are likely to live up to what you believe of them.
95. Your heart is slightly bigger than the average human heart, but that’s because you’re a teacher.
96. One child, one teacher, one book, one pen can change the world.
97. To this end, the greatest asset of a school is the personality of the teacher.
98. The teacher … must have a kind of faith that the child will reveal himself through work.
99. A teacher’s job is to take a bunch of live wires and see that they are well-grounded.
100. Good teaching is more a giving of right questions than a giving of right answers.
101. Teaching is the greatest act of optimism.
I’ve been close to a lot of teachers in my life, actually. We had a great family friend who was a teacher of mine in the eighth grade, and a few of my very close college friends of mine switched course and decided to go into teaching instead of marketing or instead of history. They now teach elementary and have a deep love of teaching their young students and being a part of their little lives. These teachers appreciation quotes remind me of them and all of the hard work that they put in for their students.
It’s amazing to hear how they impact their students’ lives daily and simply have a great relationship to be able to be such a strong part of their lives. It’s easy to look past everything they do and the environment that they create for their students, but if you think about your teachers today, go ahead and shoot them a message or write a card with one of these teachers appreciation quotes!
If you need some encouraging lock screens, check out these quotes for your phone.
A Few More Quotes You’ll Love
Finding the perfect words to share how you feel can be tough, here are a few more of our favorite quotes that we know you will love!
- Morning Motivation Quotes – If motivation came naturally then we would never need someone to give it to us. These Morning Motivational Quotes are designed to give you the push you need to be awesome today. Whether it is a partner at the gym, or the co-worker that always has your back, motivation is absolutely vital to being successful.
- Live in the Moment Quotes – There is something incredibly powerful about living in the moment. None of us do this perfectly, as there is always some anxiety creeping into the back of our mind. But, those moments we are able to focus on the gift that is today; those are always the best days.
- You are so Beautiful Quotes – Sometimes we want to tell someone exactly how beautiful they are, but struggle for the words. Listen, we all aren’t William Shakespeare okay! Yet, we really desire the one’s we love to know how beautiful they are on the inside and out. These “You Are So Beautiful” Quotes look to help you capture just the right words to express your love and the beauty of the other. The world needs everyone to truly understand how beautiful they are on the inside and out, and we hope these quotes can help encourage everyone to share that with someone special!
Now that you have the perfect words to say just how much you appreciate and love your teachers share these awesome and inspiring teacher appreciation quotes. Let us know in the comments what subject YOUR favorite teacher taught!