Inside: 61 Magical Library Quotes + Sayings.
If you can’t tell, we are pretty moved by inspiring words around here. From reading great books to motivational quotes, we love perfect put-together words that create something amazing.
The intersection between book lovers and library lovers is a big one. Whether we see libraries as magical places or as just one of the simpler pleasures in life, there is no shortage of nice things to be said about the spaces and those who safeguard those hallowed spaces.
However you see libraries these amazing library quotes are the perfect inspiration you need to deep dive into your favorite book and enjoy the story.
School Library Quotes
1. “I have always imagined that paradise will be a kind of library.” – Jorge Luis Borges
2. “The more that you read, the more things you will know. The more that you learn, the more places you’ll go.” – Dr. Seuss
3. “A library is not a luxury but one of the necessities of life.” – Henry Ward Beecher
4. “Books are the plane, and the train, and the road. They are the destination and the journey. They are home.” – Anna Quindlen
5. “Maybe this is why we read, and why in moments of darkness we return to books: to find words for what we already know.” – Alberto Manguel
6. “I do believe something very magical can happen when you read a good book.” – J.K. Rowling
7. “Reading gives us someplace to go when we have to stay where we are.” – Mason Cooley
8. “The only thing you absolutely have to know is the location of the library.” – Albert Einstein
9. “Fairy tales are more than true: not because they tell us that dragons exist, but because they tell us that dragons can be beaten.” – Neil Gaiman in Coraline
10.“The contents of a library can take you further than your own imagination could begin to imagine. To open a book is to open your mind.” – Amberle Cianne
11. “When I got my library card, that was when my life began.” – Rita Mae Brown
Wise Library Sayings
12. “She read books as one would breathe air, to fill up and live.” – Annie Dillard
13. “When in doubt, go to the library.” – J.K. Rowling
14. “Libraries always remind me that there are good things in this world.” – Lauren Ward
15. “Google can bring you back 100,000 answers, a librarian can bring you back the right one.” – Neil Gaiman
16. “Having fun isn’t hard when you’ve got a library card.” – Marc Brown
17. “A library is a house of hope. It’s a place where we all, whatever our situation, can feed our ideas and develop our dreams.” – Doug Wilhelm
18. “Reading brings us, unknown friends.” – Honoré Balzac
19. “Public libraries are the heart and soul of any community. They are a place to read and think and browse and dream.” – Mary McNear
20. “You can never get a cup of tea large enough or a book long enough to suit me.” – C.S. Lewis
21. Literacy is the most basic currency of the knowledge economy. – Barack Obama
22. Libraries are a cornerstone of democracy—where information is free and equally available to everyone. People tend to take that for granted, and they don’t realize what is at stake when that is put at risk. – Carla Hayden
23. “Harry—I think I’ve just understood something! I’ve got to go to the library!” And she sprinted away, up the stairs. “What does she understand?” said Harry distractedly, still looking around, trying to tell where the voice had come from. “Loads more than I do,” said Ron, shaking his head. “But why’s she got to go to the library?” “Because that’s what Hermione does,” said Ron, shrugging. “When in doubt, go to the library.” – J.K. Rowling, Harry Potter and the Chamber of Secrets
College Library Quotes
24. The very existence of libraries affords the best evidence that we may yet have hope for the future of man. – T.S. Eliot
25. The only thing that you absolutely have to know, is the location of the library. – Albert Einstein
26. The health of our civilization, the depth of our awareness about the underpinnings of our culture and our concern for the future can all be tested by how well we support our libraries. – Carl Sagan
27. Whatever the cost of our libraries, the price is cheap compared to that of an ignorant nation. – Walter Cronkite
28. Civilized nations build libraries; lands that have lost their soul close them down. – Toby Forward
29. Libraries: The medicine chest of the soul.
30. A library is a place where you learn what teachers were afraid to teach you. – Alan M. Dershowitz
31. My two favorite things in life are libraries and bicycles. They both move people forward without wasting anything. The perfect day: riding a bike to the library. – Peter Golkin
32. What a school thinks about its library is a measure of what it feels about education. – Harold Howe
33. What in the world would we do without our libraries? – Katharine Hepburn
34. You want weapons? We’re in a library! Books! The best weapons in the world! This room’s the greatest arsenal we could have—arm yourselves! – Russell T. Davies (Doctor Who)
Funny Library Quotes
35. “A truly great library has something in it to offend everyone.” -Jo Godwin
36. People become librarians because they know too much
37. My library was dukedom large enough. – William Shakespeare, “The Tempest”, Act 1 scene 2
38. A man’s library is a sort of harem. – Ralph Waldo Emerson
39. “I really didn’t realize the librarians were, you know, such a dangerous group. They are subversive.You think they’re just sitting there at the desk, all quiet and everything. They’re like, plotting the revolution, man. I wouldn’t mess with them.” – Michael Moore
40. “Once you learn to read you will be forever free.” -” Frederick Douglas
41. “Outside of a dog, a book is man’s best friend. Inside of a dog, it’s too dark to read.” -Groucho Marx
42. – 60. These reading quotes for kids will inspire a trip to the library for anyone you may need to bring along.
61. There is nothing more magical than learning the wonders of a good book!
More Quotes You’ll Love to Share
- Sweet Donut Quotes – I don’t know about you but I am always ready for a good donut! My personal favorite is cake sprinkled, with pink icing of course! I would have to say that I have a pretty big sweet tooth, I love sugary sweets, especially for breakfast! The only thing better than donuts themselves is funny donut puns. Am I right? Check out these super sweet, totally funny Donut Quotes!
- Motivational Quotes for Students – With back to school on the horizon, getting everyone motivated is SUPER important. I know we all had fun with our funny summer quotes, but now it’s time to buckle down and do the work. Make it easier with these quotes to get everyone motivated for the school year ahead.
- Best Friend Quotes for Instagram – Time spent with friends, especially best friends, is the best. Now that we are always capturing these times and posting it on Instagram and Snapchat, we need to find the right words to help immortalize these life-changing moments. Luckily for us, people have been giving us some of the best friend quotes that we can use for Instagram for years.