Inside: Best beat the heat quotes that you need to read this summer
Let’s beat the heat! Summer is here! I am feeling my soul dethaw as I type this. Every year I try my best to mark this occasion by doing something to help me get into a ‘Summer mindset.’ This year this looks like reading the top beat the heat quotes!
I really think you are going to like these. It was so much fun to find all of the different experiences people have with the summer months. Some love it; others are just counting down for fall. Where do you fall on this?
If you couldn’t guess, I am a summer lover. However, I am not immune to those grumpy days when it’s so hot that you can’t escape it. Keep reading to find which quotes you most relate to! I found that some of these were perfect letterboard quotes for work; they add summer fun to even the most boring of circumstances.
Beat the Heat Quotes
Personally, I sunburn…so as much as I love the hot days, I have to be wary of them. But sunscreen is my knight in shining armor! Each season has its ups and downs…I think these quotes encapsulate some of Summer’s!
1. “Then came July like three o’clock in the afternoon, hot and listless and miserable.” – Allie Ray
2. “Thank goodness it’s finally hot enough to justify my laziness.”
3. “What dreadful hot weather we have! It keeps one in a continual state of inelegance.”
4. “And so with the sunshine and the great bursts of leaves growing on the trees, just as things grow in fast movies, I had that familiar conviction that life was beginning over again with the summer.” – The Great Gatsby
5. “Sweet, sweet burn of sun and summer wind, and you, my friend, my new fun thing, my summer fling.” -K.D Lang
6. “A perfect summer day is when the sun is shining, the breeze is blowing, the birds are singing and the lawnmower is broken.” – James Dent
7. “Is it too early to start whining about the heat?”
8. “I drifted into a summer nap under the hot shade of July serenaded by a cicadae lullaby to drowsy-warm dreams of distant thunder.” – Terri Guillemets
9. “It is the glistening autumnal side of summer. I feel a cool vein in the breeze, which braces my thought, and I pass with pleasure over sheltered and summer portions of the sand where the summer’s heat is undiminished, and I realize what a friend I am losing.” -Henry David Thoreau
10. “Silent summer, a never-ending heat wave, devoid of birdsong, insect him and all the weird and wonderful living noises that subconsciously keep us company.” – Mark Lynas
11. “Summer is up, hot and thirsty. Exhausted in the heat, searching for the sheet to find relief from the scorching beat, wandering for a long in the meadow. Can I get a shelter to rest, and lay? Where I can hide and stay from the summer play.”
More Summertime Quotes
I think my favorite thing about quotes is how often you can use them in crafts. If you are like me, then you probably frequent the isles of your local craft store as often as you would a coffee shop. I like the use of the quotes below as inspiration for projects!
12. “I have only to break into the tightness of a strawberry, and I see summer – its dust and lowering skies.” -Toni Morrison
13. “Hey, Ma’am! It was so dreadful here that I found there was nothing left for it but to take off my flesh and sit in my bones.” – Sydney Smith
14. “Dear Summer, I know I hate you for too much heat, and during your season I long for rain…but I love you too much because of you we have summer vacation.” – Ramya
15. “Summer is more like a vibe than a season. The weather is always chill, and you can always see happy kids playing in the sun.”
16. “We might think we are nurturing our garden, but of course, it’s our garden that is really nurturing us.” – Jenny Uglow
17. “When the weather is hot, keep a cool mind. When the weather is cold, keep a warm heart.”
18. “Summer is here! You need to beat the heat by lounging by the pool and breaking a series of hearts.”
19. “One benefit to summer was that each day we had more light to read by.” – Jeannette Walls
20. “The heat is something that I both yearn for when it’s absent and loath while it’s here. How in the world do I beat the heat when the heat is beating me? Summer can be tricky like that. But one thing I know for certain is that I love it.”
21. “I am the heat in the summer that you desperately try to hide from. I am the sound of a child’s laughter in the dead of night. I am the feeling you get when you forget your keys in your locked car. I am your summer chores.”
Top Beat the Heat Quotes of the Summer
I saved these quotes for last because they have everything you could want; they’re funny, accurate, and inspiring. I want this summer to be the best one yet; I am determined! I love to spend this extra time with my niece and nephew. If you relate, then you should check out these niece and nephew quotes.
22. “Summer weather is absolutely boiling hot, body sweating, face-melting misery to me. I hate every minute of it. Signed, a fall and winter lover.”
23. “This heat index is somewhere between OMG and WTF.”
24. “I just wanna lie on a beach and eat hot dogs. That is all I’ve ever wanted.” – Kevin Malone
25. “I’m happy when things are just kind of calm. I love going to the ocean. I love driving. I love going to shows. Just being with people I really have fun with. I love the summer. I’m happy in the summer. Love hot, hot weather. I’m happy when I’m making a record, most of the time.” – Lana Del Ray
26. “And so with the sunshine and the great bursts of leaves growing on the trees, just as things grow in fast movies, I had that familiar conviction that life was beginning over again with the summer.”
27. “A little bit of summer is what the whole year is what the whole year is all about.” – John Mayer
28. “It was one of those summer days that seemed to stretch on into eternity, and the heat was such that you couldn’t believe the grass, yellow in patches where the gardener’s watering can have been remiss, didn’t just erupt into flames.” – Colin Meloy
29. “I stopped feeling the summer heat the day you left.”
30. “Sun is shining. The weather is sweet. Make you wanna dance your feet.” – Bob Marley
31. “When I was a kid, summertime was my saving grace. That heat is what warmed my soul and woke me up again.”
32. “Summer heat is the best heat.”
33. “I love the summer, and I love every little thing that comes along with it.”
So…where are you at on the summer-loving scale? I think I rest at a strong 8.5! I really love it, but I also love the shade. There are a million different ways to beat the heat, but these quotes are one of my favorites. I’ll just hide away in my A/C-filled room and read these until I can romanticize the fact that it’s 90 degrees out. Yikes.
If you loved these quotes, I think you need to check out these funny summer quotes that I am obsessed with!
At the end of the day, if you are a summer lover or hater, I know that there had to have been something on this list that you loved. Happy Summer, friends! I hope your days are filled with sunshine and laughter.